Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Ten-T

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bad ass
Any electric convertion kit for this truck??
There's an aftermarket kit available at rcmonster.com if you wanted to go that route.

Although it's probably easier\cheaper to just grab the Losi Ten-SCTE battery holder, center diff mount cover\brace, motor mount parts.

99% of the SCTE parts are compatible.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
Wow, you have had a lot of trouble with your Ten-T, but this isn't normal at all.

You are correct that the 3.4L is indeed a VERY tight engine, most people think this is a GOOD thing! For the first few tanks you will want to pre-heat the engine with a hair drier or heat gun (you should do this with any new engine.) Next you need to heat cycle the engine and get it up to temps over 220 degree with out running the engine lean. If you need to use tin foil and a sock around the head, do so. Repeat this 5 times or so and you will have zero issues with this engine.

The ROSS does have a weak point with the OWB, people are trying some new things like a Traxxas teflon washer and we will see how this helps. This is really the only big weakness on the Ten-T and it can be addressed.

The Ten-T cost around $420 online if you shop around. You get with it the DX3S radio (costs $250 normally), a Lipo receiver battery ($30 normally), Losi 340 eninge ($145 normally), you get big bore shocks, aluminum shock towers, 3 sealed diffs like on the 8ight. Basically this is a scaled down 8ight-T. Do the math, the Ten-T is an EXCEPTIONAL deal.

As for racing, I would check with your local track. Different tracks are putting it into different classes. The closest direct rivals are the HPI MT2 and some Kyosho 4wd truck. Many track put these up against monster trucks. I think the Ten-T will likely have a huge advantage over any of the competition since this is basically the 8ight scaled down, and the 8ight is a very competitive design.

I might consider going with the 8ight or 8ight-T RTR if racing is your thing since these classes might be more popular. Of course, those cost considerably more and might not be an option. The lowest price I know of for an 8ight-T is $659 + shipping, so a good $230 more than the Ten-T. And you still need to buy a battery for the 8ight starter box.

Also it should be mentioned that Losi/Horizon support is top notch. I know a guy on the Losi forums who let his Ten-T go out of control at wide open throttle, it ran into a wall, flipped over, and the guy was too scare to stop it, so he let it run at WOT until the engine died several minutes later. What did Losi do for this complete idiot? The gave him a brand new Ten-T!

I called when my clutch spring broke. They shipped me a brand new clutch free of charge with Priority Mail. No questions asked. When my OWB had issues, they sent me a brand new one that arrived 2 days later. There support ROCKS! Losi is a great company, and the Ten-T was my first Losi product. As you can see...I liked it so much, I bought another.

The Ten-T is a great truck, and offers great bang for the buck. Bottom line, you cannot beat the value, period. It is almost worth buy this just for the radio, and you get everything else for only $150.
Were can u find a $420 ten t?? Pm me please. And not ebay i mean brand new
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default shocks

wondering if anyone has put 1/8 shocks on their ten t? ive read in the scte thread that they were puttin them on their scte.ive heavily upgraded my ten t with the 1/8 tank mod,17mm hex,boe ti m2 wheels,integy 3 shoe revo clutch,TLR tuning kit,alum F/R brace,TLR bleader shock tops. so i decied to throw on the 1/8 shocks the fit with no mod .their set up 4 the eight so i would half to rebuild the shock oil.wondering if there is any gain using the 1/8 shock or would it be a waist of time ?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With the eight shocks, the handling would be much better, more tuning options, and better the bigger shocks can absorb much better than small shocks.