Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New video player Test ProMoFo Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default Check your flash player version

I solved this for a local guy last night by having him go to adobe and get the latest flash player. It needs to be 9.115 or higher. It should pop out a message but when I forced it to put the message out it gets hidden someway so you don't see it telling you the plug-in is out of date. I have a lot more work to do on it so check back occasionally. Last night I hooked up with the CDN maxcdn to host my content. They had a special on 10 bucks for a tb of data transfer. This is really sweet. Not only do they have servers all over the place so the hop count is lower to your box but you can seek to anyplace in the video without having to download the rest of the vid. Its pretty much instant. And necessary for the slo-motion controls I am trying to implement. If I can get away with buying 1 or 2 TB a year I'll keep it. Only going to use it for new videos and I'll probably only have a few that are set up this way. The rest will be served with a php media server from my site. You'll still have the advantage of moving around in the video but no sl0-mo. I tried to get the provider to let me install red5 or wowza media server but they won't go for it unless I buy a whole box and that is too expensive.

The camera isn't 10K in cost about 3K is more like it. With the stabilizer and accessories probably 5K. Its the glass that makes the difference and I'm using a matte box to keep out the stray waves of light. I wish I could publish the raw avi files I get out of the editor. They are awesome but huge.

Griz
Old 02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Great video! Good Camera.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default Check your flash

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Go to this link and on the page it will tell you what flash player you have. If its less than 9.115 you need to upgrade. See if that doesn't solve some of the problems.

Griz
Old 02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default Quick test for flash

http://promofo-racing.org/Flash-Test...lientSide.html

Use that page to tell if you have the right version of flash. I found a detect kit for all the browsers and flash stuff. I'm integrating that into my scripts now.

Griz
Old 02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Version 10,0,42,34 Installed Successfully, win XP, still no video
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i can view the video just fine but it seems to take longer to load up compared to the other video thing you had.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JJY
Version 10,0,42,34 Installed Successfully, win XP, still no video
Same version here...still nothing in IE. Although it works in FireFox now.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default I found the browser stuff

Ok I found some code I can use to implement browser id and make the code work with all of them. Looks like IE doesn't support javascript as the whole thing except a small bit is in javascript. Is there a way to turn on javascript support in IE. I never use it myself. ]

Slow loading initially might be caused by heavy traffic and or it sensing your line throughput and buffering up more video to keep it from skipping. I hooked up the CDN set up last night. It has super fast servers and inet connections and its a real media server. I'm working on getting that into the mix as well as a media server to run on my box. Soon all the video will be a real stream instead of a pseudo stream or Http stream which has to download the whole video. I have a feeling that most of the problems are on IE browsers. Looks like this code is pretty complete but since I'll have to recode my whole player setup for each browser it will take a few days. Before its all over it will run on any browser. Its been 5+ years since I did any of this stuff. Its all changed. Actually there are too many ways to do things these days. I'll be glad when HTML5 comes out. Hopefully it will solve all these browser issues. I heard it makes streaming video very easy.

Thanks for the feedback and check back in a day or so. I should have the new stuff done by then. I'll work the issues I just need to know what browser the problem is happening on. OS shouldn't make a difference since its all http. Any of you IE guru's know about the javascript support thing?

Griz
Old 02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default If you are having problems check this

How to enable scripting in your browser
This Web site uses scripting to enhance your browsing experience.

To allow all Web sites in the Internet zone to run scripts, use the steps that apply to your browser:

Windows Internet Explorer
(all versions except Pocket Internet Explorer)

Note To allow scripting on this Web site only, and to leave scripting disabled in the Internet zone, add this Web site to the Trusted sites zone.

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
2. Click the Internet zone.
3. If you do not have to customize your Internet security settings, click Default Level. Then do step 4

If you have to customize your Internet security settings, follow these steps:
a. Click Custom Level.
b. In the Security Settings – Internet Zone dialog box, click Enable for Active Scripting in the Scripting section.

4. Click the Back button to return to the previous page, and then click the Refresh button to run scripts.

Mozilla Corporation’s Firefox version 2

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Content tab, click to select the Enable JavaScript check box.
3. Click the Go back one page button to return to the previous page, and then click the Reload current page button to run scripts.

Opera Software’s Opera version 9

1. On the Tools menu, click Preferences.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Content.
3. Click to select the Enable JavaScript check box, and then click OK.
4. Click the Back button to return to the previous page, and then click the Reload button to run scripts.

Netscape browsers

1. Select Edit, Preferences,Advanced
2. Click to select Enable JavaScript option.

I have a feeling this will correct the problems with seeing the page but no player as all the player software is in javascript.

Griz
Old 02-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Uh-Oh....now it's asking me for a user name and password. Not entering anything results in a "permission denied" message.

Isn't technology great!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Default That was me :)

I was playing around today and managed to password protect my root directory. Sorry about that. I'm going to knock off until after the Make a Wish race on Sat. I'm dog tired and need to rest up so I can get some killer video to put up on this new system.

Anyone that was having problems tried out the javascript enable or the flash version checker ? I sure would like to know if it solved any of the problems. I just about have the detect kit put into my program so hopefully everything will be resolved soon. I wish there was an online test that you could go to give it a web page and it would test it for all the browsers. That would rock.

Griz