Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
WEIGH'M IF YA GOT'M (truggys) >

WEIGH'M IF YA GOT'M (truggys)

WEIGH'M IF YA GOT'M (truggys)

Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with Nick on getting pictures This thread is a great idea .. I always hear so much crap about what truggies weigh, and it's contradictory at times, this will be a great reference for anyone seeking valid info.

I think that they should be weighed bone stock, meaning no tires, engine, fuel or electronics so that we can really see what the truggy itself weighs..it's the only way to make this consistent IMO.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
Pics are Imo Critical for this thread to work properly....none of this...."Oh ya i weighed it at the post office" business....pics of the scale and NO Bathroom scales with before and After you weigh yourself.
b4 & after.... FUNNY!!

* very accurate food scales: Walmart, 10 lb.limit, $19.95!!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I agree with Nick on getting pictures This thread is a great idea .. I always hear so much crap about what truggies weigh, and it's contradictory at times, this will be a great reference for anyone seeking valid info.

I think that they should be weighed bone stock, meaning no tires, engine, fuel or electronics so that we can really see what the truggy itself weighs..it's the only way to make this consistent IMO.
Thank you, and I totally agree with you........... I was just too lazy to take my electronics out!

Man I've looked all over the net for different truggy's (box-spec) weights, and it's been a complete flop!

I'm old though, so it's prolly my (lack of) internet skillz.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by n.c.trigerhappy
Thank you, and I totally agree with you........... I was just too lazy to take my electronics out!

Man I've looked all over the net for different truggy's (box-spec) weights, and it's been a complete flop!

I'm old though, so it's prolly my (lack of) internet skillz.

Printed #'s mean Jack....real world On the Scale In front of you are what were after.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my losi 1.0 truggy i had weighed 10 pounds right on the nose.

that was with the body tires everything on, fuel tank of fuel, ready to hit the track and lay down some hot laps.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigred0988
my losi 1.0 truggy i had weighed 10 pounds right on the nose.

that was with the body tires everything on, fuel tank of fuel, ready to hit the track and lay down some hot laps.
THAT'S the kinda thing I was lookin' for, (assuming it was "basically" stock)

I'm real surprised to here of a losi being heavy though, they're supposed to be the feather-weights
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Printed #'s mean Jack....real world On the Scale In front of you are what were after.
Exactly!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Box #'s is one of the reasons I started this.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by n.c.trigerhappy
Exactly!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Box #'s is one of the reasons I started this.
you want BS #'s ?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Interesting thread idea Greg.... I'll have to get out the scales and weigh my new O'Donnell truggy.

Originally Posted by xjqkz
this is an excellent thread, how about weigh the engine separately and the roller with servos separately. I can collect all the data and post it on a search able, sortable table, along with other specs.
Now this is a good idea too....thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I don't know if the whole weight thing is really all it's cracked up to be. The new tamiya truck and buggy are very heavy and they perform very well. Lutz is always right up there and at my local track guys like them. I do believe that lightening up the drivetrain is worthwhile just not sold on the whole lighter buggy is a better buggy.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I remember the first time I took my buddy's MBX6T to tech at an RC Pro event the tech guy weighed it... kinda scratched his head and looked puzzled... weighed it again... took it off, reset his scales... weighed it again... lol It passed... barely.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

you want BS #'s ?
Nick, I think he ( like the rest of us ) understand that box # are BS, so he started this thread so he can get a good reference for real-life truggy weights, not box printed weights.

I think that we just need to all weigh them up consistently. IMO, the only way is to weigh the bare kit, no engine, tires , electronics, or fuel. We can also weigh them in full race trim, and post both weights to make everyone happy.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Well, here's a pic of mine with no engine, pipe, electronics, or fuel, weighing in 5lbs 11.9oz on my scale, with the BCE chassis instead of the stocker:

Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Here is mine with electronics, no body, engine, pipe, or fuel. My truggy is probably on the lighter side. I have titanium everything: screws,turnbuckles,kingpins, and shock mounts.

Last edited by aaron joy; 02-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''
WEIGHT CRITERIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** "outa' box" **....... basically, the chassis, WITH shock & diff. fluids; MINUS, engine+pipe, fuel,/ wheels-(big diff. in brands)/ and body-(big diff. in stock and .060 bods.)
**** With or without electronics, I"ll +or- depending which, as there's only a few grams diff. in one servo & another, plus it's a bi+ch to take them out!

** "race ready" **.....body on, fueled-up & ready to go!

**In "outa box" form, be sure to put your receiver batt. in (or on) the chassis-& let us know IF they are lipos!

**include your trucks brand name**

btw, anybody know how to "sticky" this post right under my first post?

Thanx, greg

Last edited by n.c.trigerhappy; 02-02-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: addition

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.