Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
RB engine pack plate ?  other rb engine owners help needed !!!!! >

RB engine pack plate ? other rb engine owners help needed !!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

yes , i was checkingout my engine and when i was putting it all back together i noticed that there is a milled side in the back plate.but i forgot which direction it goes back in. up or down. i think it goes back in , with the milled side . facing up ,towards the top. right ? help please i want to make sure before i fire it back up. oops my mistake. i didn't even notice it , my first RB engine and i haven't ran it yet, but good golly miss. molly. this engine looks good !!!!!!! sweet mill work. thanks for the help....
Old 03-11-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Yes this slot must face upwards. It is there so the piston does not hit the backplate on the downstroke. If you put it together wrong the piston will hit this and that is bad.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

....and the flywheel won't turn too
Old 03-11-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default reply

thank you , thank you !!!!! i was thinking thats how it should go back together. but i appreciate the fast reply . i feel alot better now . thanks again,chris
Old 03-12-2002, 08:05 PM

Why take a brand new RB engine apart? curiosity killed the cat!!!!! If it's not broke don't fix it!!!! If you bought a brand new car would you take it apart to see how it's made? If you had to ask how the back plate went you should'nt have taken it apart.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bbntc3
Why take a brand new RB engine apart? curiosity killed the cat!!!!! If it's not broke don't fix it!!!! If you bought a brand new car would you take it apart to see how it's made? If you had to ask how the back plate went you should'nt have taken it apart.
Ohhhhhhh somebody has the cranky pants on Nah I agree with you note the direction of all items you pull off an RC Car.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:43 PM

No amg I don't have the cranky pants on, I just don't understand taking apart a top quality, top price engine apart just to see what it looks like. I'm a engine builder by trade for over 25 years, So maybe now you can see why I got upset. Leave the engine work to qualified people!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

No amg I don't have the cranky pants on, I just don't understand taking apart a top quality, top price engine apart just to see what it looks like. I'm a engine builder by trade for over 25 years, So maybe now you can see why I got upset. Leave the engine work to qualified people!!!!
Take a deep breath and re-read my post. I was joking as indicated by the and the second sentence agreed with you.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:11 PM

Sorry AMG! I'll calm down and take a deep breath, you are right I only read half the thread!!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Old 03-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default RE:

to let you know , i was checking out the fine work done on this engine. and i wanted to see the differance in the back of the crank compaired to my mt12 turbo. plus i was pretty sure that the milled side went on the top side .but i wanted to make sure. since this was my first rb engine.not to mention why are you worried about it? i am the one that bought it. and was told by rody to check it out my self....... and at least i didn't get the grief from everone else for wanting to look at my awesome engine....so chill out dude!
Old 03-13-2002, 04:12 PM

Carpet killer, do you even own a gas car? By most of your post I don't beleive you do. And really I don't even care what you do with your engines or your money. What if you had put the plate on upside down and went right to the bump start and busted the rod and the case from not knowing what your doing. I guess kids will be kids and have to see what things look like inside or what makes them tick. After taking it apart can you tell me the difference between the 2 engines. I have used all types of rc engines and the only time I take a look see is when its time to rebuild. Just remember the old saying if it ain't broke don't try and fix it, you'd be better off.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default re:

Carpet killer, do you even own a gas car? By most of your post I don't beleive you do. And really I don't even care what you do with your engines or your money. What if you had put the plate on upside down and went right to the bump start and busted the rod and the case from not knowing what your doing. I guess kids will be kids and have to see what things look like inside or what makes them tick. After taking it apart can you tell me the difference between the 2 engines. I have used all types of rc engines and the only time I take a look see is when its time to rebuild. Just remember the old saying if it ain't broke don't try and fix it, you'd be better off.
just to let you konw , yes i am new again, and it has been 6 years since i put or touched a nitro car . so yes i am going to forget some . but for the most part there was a little differance in the two engines and that would be mill work. yes , i just wanted to make sure before i put it on the starter box before i f@cked it up. but d@mn dude you need to take a freaking chill pill. i am not tring to start shi%, but i can. so cut me some slack and lets get along. alright !
Old 03-13-2002, 08:02 PM

Sorry to offend you killa! If you have a mugen mt12 you have the fastest engine made! so there would be no need to take the RB apart. I just think it's odd someone would tear a high dollar quality engine as the RB apart just to see how its made. I'm not starting $hit as you say, and I can take all the $hit you could deal out! Your mommy should wash your mouth out with soap!! I'll go away now!! See ya!!
Old 03-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

as an interesting aside while you squabble over shiet, my RB cam with explisit instructions ( in the from of sticker that had to be removed before the box would open ) to disassemble the enging to check for sarf from the milling process.

i think its an australian thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.