Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race day 8ight 2.0 RTR must haves!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Smile Race day 8ight 2.0 RTR must haves?

What spare parts are a must for race day? I know I need extra batteries, charger, tires, plugs, gas and shocks. What parts are known to break that I should have in my box?

Thanks for all feedback!

Last edited by phaqu22; 01-28-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Servos and aluminum shock caps are the known weak points on the RTR. Also make sure all screws are tight. There's a few that show up at our local track and it's really a solid truggy. I've been very impressed by my friends. You're lucky if the stock servos make it past the breakin and I've seen a few broken shock caps. Buy a good steering servo and put the stock steering servo on the throttle. Make sure your EPAs are set correctly and you'll be all set for race day.
Oh yea, carry extra clutch bearings too.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pickle311
Servos and aluminum shock caps are the known weak points on the RTR. Also make sure all screws are tight. There's a few that show up at our local track and it's really a solid truggy. I've been very impressed by my friends. You're lucky if the stock servos make it past the breakin and I've seen a few broken shock caps. Buy a good steering servo and put the stock steering servo on the throttle. Make sure your EPAs are set correctly and you'll be all set for race day.
Oh yea, carry extra clutch bearings too.
I changed out my servos first thing and I have the 2.0 race roller shocks, so I should be good there. I have also upgraded my clutch, but I don't have extra bearings yet. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by phaqu22
I changed out my servos first thing and I have the 2.0 race roller shocks, so I should be good there. I have also upgraded my clutch, but I don't have extra bearings yet. Thanks for the info.
Sounds like you're pretty well set then. Check your screws, go race, and have fun.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Did you replace that stock plastic steering servo horn with an aluminum one. It will definitely break. If you have done that you have covered your bases well. As far as what parts, unless you have one of each its a waste trying to guess. Inevitably something will break. The chances of you having that particular part (meaning you guessed right) slim. If you drive under control and don't get into any crashes. Chances of you breaking something are very slim. That's with any vehicle. Drive within your abilities not only will you most likely not break anything. You will probably do very well good luck.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Did you replace that stock plastic steering servo horn with an aluminum one. It will definitely break. If you have done that you have covered your bases well. As far as what parts, unless you have one of each its a waste trying to guess. Inevitably something will break. The chances of you having that particular part (meaning you guessed right) slim. If you drive under control and don't get into any crashes. Chances of you breaking something are very slim. That's with any vehicle. Drive within your abilities not only will you most likely not break anything. You will probably do very well good luck.
I did replace the steering servo horn, but not the throttle one yet. This buggy seems to be pretty tough, I am always checking my screws and have put blue loc-tite on about everything. Thanks
Old 01-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

What did u do or use to upgrade your clutch?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dash riprock
What did u do or use to upgrade your clutch?
I have 2 composite and 2 aluminum shoes. The composite shoes have green and the alum have gold springs.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You don't need to replace the throttle servo horn. The plastic horn is fine there just not for steering.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by phaqu22
I have 2 composite and 2 aluminum shoes. The composite shoes have green and the alum have gold springs.
I would suggest you stock up on clutch bearings.Nothing fancy just something like Avids at a buck a bearing.I put new ones in before the mains every race weekend.Normally the ones I ran at the previous race weekend for the mains I will use for practice and quals at the next race weekend.Then throw them away and put fresh ones in for the mains.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

I am gonna get some bearings for sure.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hinge pins !!!!

definitly. You got everything else you need. Maybe a spare clutch bell.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The 8ight 2.0 is a rock solid platform as far as im concerned. I run the 2.0 race roller. I have been racing it for almost a year and never broke anything. But here are some parts that I keep on hand. I also run the aluminum servo saver top, I have since day one so I can't comment on the duribility of the stock peice.

arms front and rear
hinge pins
bearings (tko specials for clutch)
diff o-ring and seal set
diff shims
gearbox shims
shock rebulit kit (the one that comes in the case)
clutch bell
cvd rebuild kits
4mm rod ends
body clips
air filters
fuel line
Old 01-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I race the 2.0 truck and buggy. The only regular things I change are the hub bearing and camber link rod ends. If you haven't done it, get the AL servo saver piece. Other than that, you should be good.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerScott
The 8ight 2.0 is a rock solid platform as far as im concerned. I run the 2.0 race roller. I have been racing it for almost a year and never broke anything. But here are some parts that I keep on hand. I also run the aluminum servo saver top, I have since day one so I can't comment on the duribility of the stock peice.

arms front and rear
hinge pins
bearings (tko specials for clutch)
diff o-ring and seal set
diff shims
gearbox shims
shock rebulit kit (the one that comes in the case)
clutch bell
cvd rebuild kits
4mm rod ends
body clips
air filters
fuel line

did they stop making these i cant find it anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.