Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who runs Jammin buggies

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ran the X1 today. Very nice. I got it used so I was running someone elses set-up. It had great off power steering but a bad push on power. I'm going to rebuild all the diffs and shocks and use my standard set-up and tweek from there. Overall I was really happy with the buggy, it jumped great and responded to throttle and brake inputs great. I'm sure I'm going to fall in love with this car. I'll have a X2 next week so hopefully it's even better.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I ran the X1 for a while, and recently switched over to the X2. I had the same problem with the on power push with the X1. That problem doesn't seem to exist with the setup on my X2. Right now i am working to get the rear end to feel a little more planted coming out of the turns. My times improved when I switched to the new buggy too. I considered changing rides to the RC8B, but had too much invested in Jammin stuff to completely change brands. I am glad I kept with the Jammin since I like to test the durability factor of a buggy every now and then.

Stephen
Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toobad4u
I ran the X1 for a while, and recently switched over to the X2. I had the same problem with the on power push with the X1. That problem doesn't seem to exist with the setup on my X2. Right now i am working to get the rear end to feel a little more planted coming out of the turns. My times improved when I switched to the new buggy too. I considered changing rides to the RC8B, but had too much invested in Jammin stuff to completely change brands. I am glad I kept with the Jammin since I like to test the durability factor of a buggy every now and then.

Stephen
what is your diff setup? i had the same problem with mine but i ran 7-5-2 and its helped alot. im going to try 7-5-2 next weekend if it doesnt rain and ill let you know how it works. on the x1 5-7-3 works great on all tracks!

but on the X2 it isnt half as durable IMO. the front shock tower breaks the first time you reck, but there is a fix put C-A glue around the edge and it wont spread the fiber layer and it also seems to make it alot better. also the lightened outdrive wears quick, so i run the X1 standard outdrives which last about a year of racing every weekend. also the center dog bones wear way to quick mine are showing wear after 3 gallons. im tempted to go back to the x1 with just the new x2 gearing. my x1 was great on power and off power. if you are running on a track with alot of traction run silver or white springs on the front and blue on the rear and it will turn on a dime even if your wide open. white=soft, silver=medium, blue=stiff by the way if you didnt already know that, but thats for the 16mm shocks i cant remember the ones for the 13mm shocks if thats what your using. running softer in front makes it turn great but you loose traction, softer in rear has better traction but not as good turning. you could try these on days that you can test and tune hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default jammin

I have been running JAMMIN for 3-4 yrs. First the x1x cr, x1crt and now the x2 bug &trug. They have been great cars. The x1x has been bullet proof. To this day the only thing that has broke on the x1 bug is a front lower arm. Not to say I have not replaced a lot of worn parts over the yrs. but it never failed me. Probably the best upgrade to the x1x is to replace the old 13mm shocks with 16mm, much more durable. I always ran 5f,7c,2r and losi 35-45wt front and 27 1/2-35 rear. MHO they are a little out dated comapred to some of the new chassis out there but they are still competetive & durrable.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Ran the X1 original and upgraded to the X1FTE.

Car pretty much always had the on-power push syndrome at low speeds. Cook it into the corner what you think is waaay too hot, nail the brakes, flip it around and 'go'.

You had to DRIVE the car what felt like 10/10ths all the time and couldn't back off if you were going to be fast with it.

The buggy is a TANK. Both in weight and durability, never broke anything.

Sometimes I actually think the car was better on *most* tracks with the smaller 13mm shocks. Big bores were only worth it on the roughest of tracks.

5/7/2 diffs worked well. 5/8500/2 worked best for me. 10k in the middle wasn't out of the question on high-bite tracks 7/10/3 on occasion, but pretty rare.

I ran no front swaybar and the largest (2.8mm I think) rear bar; with about 3mm of preload.

Metal front chassis brace, plastic "sport" rear chassis brace (really helped a lot).

Ran the platform for about 3-4 years; but swapped to a 2.0 Losi and haven't looked back. The Jammin' holds it's own on larger and medium sized tracks, but tighter tracks with rough rhythm sections and tight slow-speed sections are not where the Jammin' shines.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
. im tempted to go back to the x1 with just the new x2 gearing. my x1 was great on power and off power.
Can you link the part numbers for the gearing that can be swapped to the X1 from the X2 or is it the same gearing that comes by default with the X2 kit?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcion
Can you link the part numbers for the gearing that can be swapped to the X1 from the X2 or is it the same gearing that comes by default with the X2 kit?
its just the the new ring and pinion and the new spur gear and a 17 tooth clutch bell.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-44T

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...inion-Gear-10T

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rge-Bevel-Gear

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-with-Bearings

those are all the parts that are needed to convert to the new x2 gearing. IMO its worth every penny, it accelerates alot faster and makes a huge difference.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
its just the the new ring and pinion and the new spur gear and a 17 tooth clutch bell.

those are all the parts that are needed to convert to the new x2 gearing. IMO its worth every penny, it accelerates alot faster and makes a huge difference.
Thanks.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcion
Thanks.
no problem. and when you get the ring and pinion make sure to shim it tight or it will strip. if you go on ebay you can get the whole diff for the price of the ring gear on amain. also the x2 buggy and truggy uses the same gearing but the truggy has a 13 tooth clutch bell instead of the 17 tooth clutch bell that the buggy runs.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Started the rebuild today. Who ever had this befor me had a crap set-up.
So far the bearings in the ft were all toast. The ft diff fluid was so heavy I think it may have been 30000. The shocks also had very heavy oil in them. I'm putting 35 in the ft shocks and 30 in the rear. The diffs will be 5-5-2 to start. I like ti run 3000 in the front but I'm out so I"ll use 5000 for now and see how it feels. I'll have it put back together soon and run it again this weekend. Should also have the X2 wed. But I plan to run the X1 for the Psycho Nitro, not the X2. I've seen the crazy jumps they set up there so I'll drive the X1 and hope that others with the ultra light buggies break.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by supertool28
Started the rebuild today. Who ever had this befor me had a crap set-up.
So far the bearings in the ft were all toast. The ft diff fluid was so heavy I think it may have been 30000. The shocks also had very heavy oil in them. I'm putting 35 in the ft shocks and 30 in the rear. The diffs will be 5-5-2 to start. I like ti run 3000 in the front but I'm out so I"ll use 5000 for now and see how it feels. I'll have it put back together soon and run it again this weekend. Should also have the X2 wed. But I plan to run the X1 for the Psycho Nitro, not the X2. I've seen the crazy jumps they set up there so I'll drive the X1 and hope that others with the ultra light buggies break.
you have a great starting point to your setup. most people that run the x1 likes 5 in the front to pull it around the corner better. also the Psycho Nitro is a crazy race just be smooth and dont go for the big jumps every lap. last year a buddy of mine jumped the big triple in the middle once all day and he got third in the B-main in Pro truggy. i should be there on saturday and maybe sunday. i wish i was racing but i have classes friday morning and i cannot miss them i have an exam in one of them.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

With the price of the new gearing it might make sence to just buy the x2 conversion...

Last edited by SCUBA STEVE; 02-01-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So a friend of mine was suggesting running a silly light oil setup. he suggested running 3-2-1 or 2-3-1. naturally i am skeptical so of course i havent tried it. does this advise have any merit?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by looper
So a friend of mine was suggesting running a silly light oil setup. he suggested running 3-2-1 or 2-3-1. naturally i am skeptical so of course i havent tried it. does this advise have any merit?
idk about that light on diff oil. i run 5-7-2 in mine but i have LIGHT oil in the shocks like 25/20 with the non-drilled pistons. (all in an X2)
Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by looper
those kind of diff setup will make it easy to drive but almost everyone that runs an jammin both x1 and x2 runs 5k in the front. i have heard 5-5-3 or 5-5-2 work great but when i tried it the front didnt pull the same but it did make it very easy to drive. my average lap went up a second.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.