Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Defective Jaco Blue Tires >

Defective Jaco Blue Tires

Defective Jaco Blue Tires

Old 02-06-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyintrtle
EA, if I may, & i'm probably with the minority, but I would really like it if Jaco kept the Prizm rims. Tough, durable & to me just looked better than a dish rim.
+1.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

EA, if I may, & i'm probably with the minority, but I would really like it if Jaco kept the Prizm rims. Tough, durable & to me just looked better than a dish rim.
The prism may look better, but the tires from the snowbirds had amazing wear, I know a few people who put over 20 runs on a set and no "ring of death".
Old 02-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
The prism may look better, but the tires from the snowbirds had amazing wear, I know a few people who put over 20 runs on a set and no "ring of death".

Mike, I'm not denying the wear & performance of the tires. I'm just not a big fan of dished wheels. It would be nice if they could redesign the prizm style rims to fit the new lower profile sidewall of the current tire.
There was a few drivers from my local track that attended this years snowbirds that were hesitant of having to run the Jaco Blues because of past problems of the tires. While talking to them about the tires, they were really suprised & impressed with the tires. In other words they no longer hate on them as much.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Mike, I'm not denying the wear & performance of the tires. I'm just not a big fan of dished wheels. It would be nice if they could redesign the prizm style rims to fit the new lower profile sidewall of the current tire.
There was a few drivers from my local track that attended this years snowbirds that were hesitant of having to run the Jaco Blues because of past problems of the tires. While talking to them about the tires, they were really suprised & impressed with the tires. In other words they no longer hate on them as much.
At this point I think options are still open on dish vrs prizm wheel I believe. I do know that the larger wheel with smaller sidewall will be included in either dish or prizm. You are correct that the wear was outstanding at the birds. It seemed like we were able to run more "normal" camber with them and not excessive camber to reduce wear like normal. Again I attribute this to the smaller sidewall due to larger wheel and not a different rubber as this was the same batch theyve had for a while. Usually when there is a delay in shipping its with wheels....not rubber.

Once Drew gets back from the Winter nats and we talk with Jack I am sure they will discuss it.

EA