Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE from the 2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Race

I'm glad to hear Pulfer is OK. Like Rich Chang said , Get so sleep.

Dan
Old 03-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, definitely good to hear Mike is doing good. Good to see Ian is taking care of him. I assume Ian is feeding him Campbell's soup and fluffing his pillow regularly. I think we should get a collection together to purchase a bell for Mike to ring when he needs Ian. LOL!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Glad to hear Mikes ok. Would rather him crush my car than break his knee.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't suppose anyone has the video of him hitting the pole.....

I'm glad he's alright and will laugh about it later but I'm betting he would like to see it for himself....
Old 03-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by mcmoney
Glad to hear Mikes ok. Would rather him crush my car than break his knee.
Money: You know better than anyone that "MEGA-MARSHALL" would never allow himself to crush your car!!!! He took one for the team. We've all been tellin' him for years that eventually he'd pay for his acrobatic marshalling style, and I think (after I picked up at the hospital) that he's learned his lesson.

Rich: 22 oz. porterhouses at the Roadhouse on the way home! Soup is for sissies. When regenerating muscles and bones and cartilage(sp?)and stuff, it's necessary to get a lot of protein!!!

Aaron, Holly, and Jimmy put on a great show. The tech guys were awesome. Andy and Geoff kept me entertained through practice. And the racing was pretty decent for everybody but me, Mo, EA, and Bruce!!!

I wanna thank Bruce, TJ, and Beavis for all the help this weekend., As well as Charlie Suangka for his assistance. And I ESPECIALLY wanna thank JONNY V!!! he did a great job and really kept the pressure off while I was trying to work on my car.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

man i'm upset i had to missed this one. it sounds like it us full of all types of interesting happenings

glad the super marshal is ok i hate to hear someone going to the hospitle. man talking about taking one for the team. send this man a car kit for saving yours

good coverage Shane can't wate to see all the pics

Rob
Old 03-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

did anybody snap pics of the recers cars and stuff?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

i'm shure Shane did just give him a few days and he'll have several pages of pics
Old 03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, Give Shane a few days, and I'm sure they will be up.

I know it's gotta be hard on him to do all the coverage while racing, make such a long drive home last night / this morning, and yet still go to work today.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

he's deticated to the hobby. I don't know if i was at a national i would have put as much time as he did in this site. i guess thats why it's number 1

rob
Old 03-29-2004, 10:50 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I have plenty of photos, I think I am going to do the sponsor info stuff first, though. I'm writing the report for ROAR as well as for XRC so I will still be living this race for another week or so.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the great coverage. It would be great if anyone has video coverage, make it downloadable and viewable by Mac guys. Thanks
Old 03-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shane has done a awsome job cant wait to see the pics no hurry though nudge nudge wink wink
Old 03-29-2004, 12:13 PM
The Evicerator

Hey all,

Just got back home from the race... I have to say that this was an extremely competitive race and that I'm glad to have been a part of it.

As far as the incident between Alex and myself, I feel very badly about the outcome. We had a great battle going on the entire race up until that point. When we went into the keyhole-type corner in the center of the track he was a little off the line and I wasn't... I didn't try to stuff it in, I in fact let off the throttle as much as I could without spinning my car out so I wouldn't "punt" him like someone mentioned that I did...

I talked with Alex about it after the race and appologized to him. We have always raced very cleanly in the past and I hope that we can continue to race cleanly together in the future.

Unfortunately things like this happen from time to time, no matter how hard we try to avoid them. Add to the equation the immense pressure from your sponsors, teammates, the lack of sleep, and the paragon mist in the air and sometimes bad things happen.

Some people might think I drove too hard behind him in the 3rd main considering I wasn't in contention for the win, but I just want to let everyone know that all I tried to do was finish as strongly as I could and make the most out of the situation I was delt with.

Incidentally, if I had finished 1st in the A3 main, Alex 2nd, and Chuck 3rd, Alex would have still taken first overall and in fact Alex, Barry Baker, and I discussed this before the third main...

Anyways, I just wanted to speak my peace to try to abate the finger pointing and screaming that would probably get ut of control if I didn't...

As I stated before, I'm very sorry that contact occured between Alex and me and I hope that he can come to terms with it and we can continue to be friends.

-Steve Weiss
Old 03-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

man i don't see why anyone should have to appolige to anyone it's racing and you should go for the win every time. i guess it nice to be courtious but i say if you where on line and did what you could do oh well it happens

my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.