Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE from the 2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Not Physical Fights right?????

What are most the DQ's for??? Underwieght or Bodies not being correct?
Old 03-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Snowbirds- Burch-SMC-JACO
Nationals-Cyrul-SMC-JACO
Cleveland-Blackstock-JACO
Every 1/12 mod race-Blackstock-JACO
I really like this pattern!
Hey guys, congrats on a spectacular performance this year. I'm really proud of all the drivers who run our products. You all work hard for your success.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:07 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Corey Bernardo
futureal- thanks bro! much appriciated. Any idea when you are going to have the nats pages up on the main rctech page, that show the pic n stuff like that?
Yes, I am. I have some of the stuff ready to go but not the pics. Sadly, JLap is not capable of outputting the results in a readable format that I can put up on the web, and I just didn't have the time to sit there and enter everything. I made some mistakes as far as time management at this race (e.g., by racing... haha), but if the software can't give me results, there's not much else I can do.

The magazine print deadline is just around the corner and I have to turn in my coverage article ASAP as well (which means you guys will get to read about this race in Xtreme R/C in less than a month!).

The BIG SHOW is on tap in just a couple of minutes, the final Stock TC race where everything's up for grabs. The webcam is tuned to the race screen for those who are interested. Once again, the URL: http://www.rctech.net/webcam.shtml

And more thanks to Avid R/C, Hurricane Motorsports and XRC for helping out with all of this. I can't thank David at Avid enough for hosting the cam. We'll try and do something even better at the Paved Nats.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:08 PM
R/C Tech Founder

As for the fights, suffice it to say there has been some VERY bad behavior from a lot of top drivers at this race. And I won't even talk about a certain well known driver from trying to run someone elses car in a lower main...
Old 03-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by futureal
Desrosiers just won the B Main TC race, with Barry on the mic and Jared Scott wearing a superman getup. Pretty goofy stuff, this race has become more sideshow than anything. We've had software problems, betting pools on the A heats, drivers getting in fights, DQs, and now costumed drivers on top of that...
Shane, I sure hope you got a picture of Jared in the superman getup!!! I'm sure alot of FL people would pay to see that!!
Old 03-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looks like Stock TC is a real barnstormer!
Old 03-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

who is that well know driver ???
Old 03-28-2004, 01:22 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Chuck Lonergan, back-to-back National Champ in both Stock TC and Masters 12th scale.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lmunno
Shane, I sure hope you got a picture of Jared in the superman getup!!! I'm sure alot of FL people would pay to see that!!
pics please, I would pay to see that.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:24 PM
R/C Tech Founder

And I should note that I could write a book about drivers behaving poorly and showing tons of unsportsmanlike behavior. There have been few races that have been free of accusations and screaming and cursing from some of the best drivers in the business, stock and mod. It's disgraceful.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:31 PM
R/C Tech Founder

And I do have pictures of Jared, yes.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Why are the message post times so far off ?
Old 03-28-2004, 01:34 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Message post times?
Old 03-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes, I am. I have some of the stuff ready to go but not the pics. Sadly, JLap is not capable of outputting the results in a readable format that I can put up on the web, and I just didn't have the time to sit there and enter everything. I made some mistakes as far as time management at this race (e.g., by racing... haha), but if the software can't give me results, there's not much else I can do.

The magazine print deadline is just around the corner and I have to turn in my coverage article ASAP as well (which means you guys will get to read about this race in Xtreme R/C in less than a month!).

The BIG SHOW is on tap in just a couple of minutes, the final Stock TC race where everything's up for grabs. The webcam is tuned to the race screen for those who are interested. Once again, the URL: http://www.rctech.net/webcam.shtml

And more thanks to Avid R/C, Hurricane Motorsports and XRC for helping out with all of this. I can't thank David at Avid enough for hosting the cam. We'll try and do something even better at the Paved Nats.
If you make it out to the on-rad nat's you will have some help. I bring my laptop and help you out with the race.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

It says your last message was posted at 9:32pm or something way off.

Message post times?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.