Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2010 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio >

2010 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

2010 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

I just got home a few hours ago - went through Saturday and Sunday's photos at the airport, and hope to have them posted tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest. I've also got the results from all Mains, and the "equipment list" compiled from the racer information sheets.

To everyone who's sent me emails about getting their accounts validated on SGrid, I'll do that tomorrow. Right now the main thing on my mind is a long shower and a good night's sleep.

The race was mostly a several-day get-together with lots of great people who have a common interest, but also one of the best run r/c car races I've been to in ages. For Toledo, that's something people have come to expect. As to the photos, I'm very pleased with how they came out, especially the ones from the weekend. As before, they'll all be posted in the (currently) free section of SGrid, the conferences/forums. They'll all be 800 pixels in size, which I hope is big enough to see them well, but not so big as to slow the computer down. I checked on how many there were - I had about 1300 images, taking about 6.5 gigs! I figure about a third of them will get posted.

On a different topic, I sure hope Brent Gottfried is going to be OK. He came to the race starting Wednesday, but developed a serious eye problem. I don't yet know the outcome, but I can't get it off my mind. I've known Brent since I first got into gas racing, in '91 or so. I hope he's going to be OK. What I've learned from doing many years of volunteer work at an Eye Hospital overseas, is that if you ever have something unusual happen with your eyes, immediately, as in right now, head directly for the hospital and get it checked out. You don't have hours, let alone days. Stop whatever it is you're doing, and get it looked at.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TQ Racing
Anyone know what type of tires are on this car?
http://www.sgrid.com/2010/glc/saturday/glc4/GLC4162.jpg
They are capacorn.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikemyers
I just got home a few hours ago - went through Saturday and Sunday's photos at the airport, and hope to have them posted tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest. I've also got the results from all Mains, and the "equipment list" compiled from the racer information sheets.

To everyone who's sent me emails about getting their accounts validated on SGrid, I'll do that tomorrow. Right now the main thing on my mind is a long shower and a good night's sleep.

The race was mostly a several-day get-together with lots of great people who have a common interest, but also one of the best run r/c car races I've been to in ages. For Toledo, that's something people have come to expect. As to the photos, I'm very pleased with how they came out, especially the ones from the weekend. As before, they'll all be posted in the (currently) free section of SGrid, the conferences/forums. They'll all be 800 pixels in size, which I hope is big enough to see them well, but not so big as to slow the computer down. I checked on how many there were - I had about 1300 images, taking about 6.5 gigs! I figure about a third of them will get posted.

On a different topic, I sure hope Brent Gottfried is going to be OK. He came to the race starting Wednesday, but developed a serious eye problem. I don't yet know the outcome, but I can't get it off my mind. I've known Brent since I first got into gas racing, in '91 or so. I hope he's going to be OK. What I've learned from doing many years of volunteer work at an Eye Hospital overseas, is that if you ever have something unusual happen with your eyes, immediately, as in right now, head directly for the hospital and get it checked out. You don't have hours, let alone days. Stop whatever it is you're doing, and get it looked at.
Very sorry to Hear about Brent's eye issue I too hope he's OK very soon, he was one of the group that helped push the track to it's current level and let it achieve it's status as a magnet location.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Hey Mike M......I'm proud of you man!

You actually posted race results in html instead of .txt on the Grid cover page!

(inside joke) For years Mike always insisted on JLap race results in text form instead of html.

Seems like the Toledo club would have them posted on JLap site by now? Just a couple of mouse clicks to do!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Very sorry to Hear about Brent's eye issue I too hope he's OK very soon, he was one of the group that helped push the track to it's current level and let it achieve it's status as a magnet location.
I can relate to the eye problems! Cataracts, retina surgery and now floaters killed my RC driving!

Good luck with the eyes Brent ...... BTW, still have my PB cars if your interested in buying them! (another inside joke)!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

The 2010 Great Lakes Challenge is over!

Congratulations to all the winners:
Mark Rodney - 1/8th GT
Ralph Burch - 1/10th Touring
Skip Starkey - 1/8th Masters
Paul Ciccarello - 1/8th Open

The One Eighth Racers of Toledo would like to thank all of the racers that made the 2010 GLC a memorable one. We had over 140 entries at the end of the weekend. We had beautiful weather, great announcing, awesome raffle items, delicious food choices, and entertaining non-stop racing action.

We have uploaded all the race results from each qualifier and each main on JLap Race Manager's website: http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...p?where=Toledo

Thank you to Mike Myers for his up to date results and pics online.

We would like to thank all of this years sponsors that made the GLC raffle another successful gathering where people won some awesome prizes.

Shepherd Racing
CEFX
Serpent America
NovaRossi
Futaba
Byrons Fuel
Kyosho
RC America
Max Engines
HUDY
Mugen Seiki
Jaco
Spektrum
Starting Grid Magazine
Dynamite
OS Engines
Skyrocket Racing
O'Donnell
Tornado Fuel
EDS Tools
Ko Propo
Murnan Modifieds
YBSlow Inc
Mico Racing

This years race was a success because of the racers. We thank you for your support and look forward to next season's race and hope you will make another trip to Toledo in great O HI O!!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
They are capacorn.
Nope, Josh already said they are SRC. If you look close, the wheel is a bit different from capricorn.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I know its a litte early but is this race going to stay at these dates for next year....kind of got screwed for this one because the dates were changed from last year?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Josh corrected me... thanks

Pass you soon...
Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually, I think the date change was due to the fact that we were going to have the ROAR Nats earlier in the summer than normal and the WC in Houston ending when the GLC is normally starting. I know they wanted to give everyone a break after these races so everyone wasn't burnt out and could attend the GLC, most importantly to have a good time. I wouldn't be suprised to see the GLC back to it's old dates for next year.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

I understand that sucks for me that I have to pick my years vacation in January and once I pick thats it done deal
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sal Amato
I understand that sucks for me that I have to pick my years vacation in January and once I pick thats it done deal
Sal,

We understand that racers have to make vacation plans ahead of time. We chose this date this year as Josh discussed. His comments are the exact reason we moved from the first weekend in August to the weekend we chose this year.

We will be having a club meeting to discuss 2011 plans probably in the early winter time frame. However we would like to see a schedule put out by ROAR for the 2011 ROAR National dates.

I personally think we should go to the weekend we just had because its a little cooler that early August and less chance for rain. We have had 3 major races run during this week (2004 ROAR Sedan Nats, 2009 ROAR Nationals, and the 2010 GLC) and I can only remember one maybe 2 rounds of qualifying rained out. We have typically had rain at least on one day during the GLC in early August time slot.

Again, we plan on reviewing this over the winter when other major schedules get posted. As soon as we can get dates firmed up, we will share with the racers that have to make plans.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Souns good !
Old 08-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Photos are almost done; should be uploaded in a few hours.

Way too many photos!! :-)
I hope you guys like them... ...especially those from Sunday!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikemyers
Photos are almost done; should be uploaded in a few hours.

Way too many photos!! :-)
I hope you guys like them... ...especially those from Sunday!
you have been doing a great job mike keep up that good work !!! we thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.