Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn LAB-C01 >

Capricorn LAB-C01

Capricorn LAB-C01

Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The 3racing horns look nice (almost same red) but are quite weak, they are made of cheap aluminum.
Capricorn now offers a complete set of plastic servo horns:
http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1828

For servos I would recommend anything but Savox, the Savox servos are cheaply made and they don't fit very well, especially the low profile ones.
Personally I use the RSX One10 from KoPropo, but any servo from Sanwa, Futaba or Kopropo should do.
capricon plastic servo horns more stiff than aluminium
Old 12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Italboy
Thank you very much!
Which servo (Savox) would you recommend?
For the horns I will have a look on both, TM and 3Racing.
I would use one of the below. Are rockets.

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_Brushless_Servos_s/49.htm
Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
I WOULD GO FOR HUDY!!!!
Hudy hasn't a red one. Wait and see my friend for the Lab-C02 WC GR Edition.

Last edited by nikoskar; 12-28-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

These are very strong and will fit for your car

Team Associated Servo Horns
part # ASC9180

Hello

I'm actually building the LAB C-01 and I was surprised not finding the servo horns in the kit
What kind of horns did you use for your steering and throttle servos?

Which servos do you use for this kit?
Low profile or standart size?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you very much!
Which servo (Savox) would you recommend?
For the horns I will have a look on both, TM and 3Racing.
Greetings Italboy,

So you finally moved to walking the RED carpet I see. Firstly, the kits are not like a Team Magic, they are racing kits and you need a lot of your own experience where Team Magic builds are an experience in themselves. So don't be disappointed, the road is long and you will feel the smile when it comes together.

I can not ignore that other very experienced owners claim that a TOP END servo adds the the turning characteristics, they are surely correct. We use Savox, The fast metal geared ones. Also the low profile inder the top plate for steering to get CG down.

We reamed the arms hinge pins with a Hudy, built it, ensuring there's play in the two speed (spur/hub from bulkhead) and you will need your own shims and screws to get it built. I'm sure you know what you are doing with the build and the other advice was fill the diffs "full".

get it on track, losen it up and find the two speed point (making sure you 2 speed shoe in correct direction and watch out to get 2speed spur screws in, I "countersunk" carefully by hand...

Clutch starting point, .5mm spring retainer from crank thread, .5 clutch gap and just a little endlplay.

Radio gear is fun... Ill let you work your own system!

enjoy
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The 3racing horns look nice (almost same red) but are quite weak, they are made of cheap aluminum.
Capricorn now offers a complete set of plastic servo horns:
http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1828

For servos I would recommend anything but Savox, the Savox servos are cheaply made and they don't fit very well, especially the low profile ones.
Personally I use the RSX One10 from KoPropo, but any servo from Sanwa, Futaba or Kopropo should do.
Quite weak, are you a chemist. Mhmm and then you propose to buy plastic instead, makes no sense.

Been racing the 3Racing ones for two seasons in my Cap 1/8 and 1/10 and not broken or bend a single one.

And by the way, they don't just look the same the 3racing and Capricorns are the same.

Br,

Niko
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
Quite weak, are you a chemist. Mhmm and then you propose to buy plastic instead, makes no sense.

Been racing the 3Racing ones for two seasons in my Cap 1/8 and 1/10 and not broken or bend a single one.

And by the way, they don't just look the same the 3racing and Capricorns are the same.

Br,

Niko
It's true Niko, 3 racing cast aluminium, I've had a flaw in the matal that cracked an engine mount, so if that wasnt made of good aluminium, I doubt the servo horns are any different.

I use a Hudy, if you have to, buy some red paint!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia
capricon plastic servo horns more stiff than aluminium

Br,

Niko
Plastic can take a hit and come back to it's orginal shape, aluminum doesn't.
In the EP car the 3racing horns are snapping like toothpicks, the plastic one has been working flawlessly. Also when you hit something and your servosaver doesn't absorb the hit, a part of the hit will be absorbed by the plastic lever.

If you know a tiny bit about engineering you will understand a plastic horn can be better compared to an aluminium horn. There are many sorts of plastics and many sorts of aluminum.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

And many sorts of engineers.....ladies....
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rbakker
And many sorts of engineers.....ladies....
Disruptive
Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Br,

Niko
Hey, if you have some and you think they are good, are they on your site for sale? Id like a couple, never have emnough good servo horns!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
Hey, if you have some and you think they are good, are they on your site for sale? Id like a couple, never have emnough good servo horns!
Hehhe, they are good :-)... 3 of my drivers using the same without any of the problems described above... So no matter what DS says, I'll stick to the experience we have had with them :-)...

Sorry, nope don't have them in my shops, just bought them directly from 3Racing's website ;-)...
Old 12-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Hehhe, they are good :-)... 3 of my drivers using the same without any of the problems described above... So no matter what DS says, I'll stick to the experience we have had with them :-)...

Sorry, nope don't have them in my shops, just bought them directly from 3Racing's website ;-)...
No problems..
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Which one should I order for Savox Servos, the Futaba horns?
3racing has 3 different horns for common brands, but not for Savox.
Thank you.
Oh, one more question:
On the 2speed shoes, should i screw in in the grub screws? Because in the manual there is nothing described about it..
Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Which one should I order for Savox Servos, the Futaba horns?
3racing has 3 different horns for common brands, but not for Savox.
Thank you.
Oh, one more question:
On the 2speed shoes, should i screw in in the grub screws? Because in the manual there is nothing described about it..
Futaba or 25t spline servo horns will fit Savox servos. Don't you wish that there was one standard for all splines?

Capricorn doesn't use grub screws in the 2 speed shoes. It may look a bit strange at first, but the shoes are actually meant to be loose on the cam hub. I know some one driver who extends the live of the shoes by using grub screws when the shoes become a bit worn however. It's up to you if you want to resort to that, but start off without grub screws in new 2 speed clutches, and use only very short grub screws if you decide to do that. We don't use grub screws.

You shouild replace the rollers that the cam works on if they get flat spots.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Last edited by Chickentrader; 12-30-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.