Wiki Posts
Search

Poughkeepsie NY Track

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexrckid
gallimods in somers/mahopac now has an OFFROAD dirt track outback.....electric only......very nice layout.....give them a call.....914-621-0044
Wow awesome, I knew that there was talks about it but I didn't know that they finally implemented the track.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

ya....the gallimods offroad tracks up and running......dry(lol) days only..........
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acclizal

So a place that is laid back like Rampages was and with a more technical track would really be ideal.
Call Gallimods in Baldwin Place. They have what you are looking for.

By they way, the last I spoke with Rich he was interested in an off site track as long as there was interest.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
I am sorry for your misfortune that occurrd at RCHR, but unfortunately with stuff gone missing there is nothing a track owner can do. There are personal risks to racing, one of them is theft. I myself have gobs of stuff when I go racing anywhere, and never had a problem. As for the marshal, I agree there is no call for what transpired, which is not a normal occurance. I like to think of the track as a nice family environent, I even bring my two kids to race, as well as other parents do. They also built a brand new outdoor track, first week of racing on it this Saturday.

Goon, wasnt that you yelling at the little kid?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The only time we have had things missing @ Barnstormers is when people other that the regular crowd has been there. As far as "Barnstormers is full of elitist asses", you obviously have not spoken to Chris or Lou Sytsma, the owners and people who run the show. Yes we do take our hobby seriously, and have always tried to be better and faster every time we race, so if you are looking for serious competition come and pay us a visit, you will probably find out that we are not elitist asses......just asses
Old 04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ?????????

I must say that although we are all entitled to our own opinions.. mine is very very different from yours... I have been racing R/C for a little over a year and started at Barnstormers.. I have never met a better group of people. Everyone is very kind and helpful and willing to do anything to make you a better driver.. As far as the level of competition.. It is very intense and no one comes to lose.... You know what they say... when the gate drops.. the bullshit stops... I strongly recommend everyone go and form opinions of their own... I would bet you are very impressed... Opening day's coming up!! !!

Last edited by Patric200; 04-21-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acclizal
Maybe i just go on bad days, but i was there (rchr) on a Saturday when this older guy (40 ish) started screaming at one of the marshals who mind you probably wasn't over the age of 16. I mean completely out of control dropping f bombs and carrying on for a good 2 minutes even after the marshal had placed his truck back on the track. Nobody said anything to the guy, even tho he was standing right behind the guy with the computer. It got so uncomfortable that finally i stood up for the marshal. And like a true bad-ass that yells at little kids when confronted with a 6'2" 235 pound 28 year old like myself completely shut down and said nothing to the marshal again. The fact that the lack of action by whoever owns/operates/works at that establishment really turn my nose for the venue.

On another Saturday there after racing all day and having a good time mind you. I start to pack up at the end, after they take whoever placed pictures and everything which i think was defiantly pretty cool. I realized that 2 sets of wheels and tires of mine are missing. So then i start taken further inventory of my stuff and also notice that a set of my integy hex drivers are also missing. Gone, stolen right off my bench. After reporting it to a taller guy that worked there he pretty much just said to me that they where not responsible for lost/stolen articles in the pit area. He said that he was sorry but that there was nothing that he could do.

After those kinds of situations i am not going back there again. I race to have a good time, as a hobby. So if that is the crowd that frequents RCHR i personally want nothing to do with them, let alone spend one of my only days off in their company.

As for BarnStormers i personally have never had anything stolen from there, but a couple of my buddies have. What i have noticed about BarnStormers is that some of the people take it way to seriously. Like they are gonna be noticed some time and get a sponsorship and race for Traxxas or some other manufacturer some day. These people loose there cool if someone drifts off their line , or god forbid make contact with them. You have guys that are argumentative , abrasive, and unwilling to help with anything. Again not my scene at all.

One of the good thing that i would have to say about Barnstormers is that i really like the efficiency in which they run their race day. Get to the line and go.

Rampage was the best if you ask me, everyone that i know who frequented Rich's shop had a great time and never said anything ill about the place. The only complaint that i ever heard was that the track was not technical enough and too easy to drive.

I personally liked his track and had lots of fun on it.

I think that if a establishment could be opened, where you take the atmosphere of Rampage. Combine it with a great technical track that can support multiple classes. Then i think whoever comes up with that winning combination could have a very lucrative establishment on their hands.

If a place like this comes about then i would support it fully. Gallimods on route 6 has a good atmosphere but no outdoor track only a crawler course , and a foam carpet. If they could get something setup that would allow them to have a dirt track then i think it would be great but we shall see.
Oh god Stfu your such a whiner. RCHR and the barn are awesome tracks. You need Vagisil.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

he said vagisil!

RB5 u funny!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

And to quote the above posts...

I think people need to stop judging. You have to post on a forum about people getting things stolen? We all know that the majority of times, when something is stolen, it isn't by a regular driver. It's by someone that isn't usually there.

If there was constantly theft at Barnstormers, there would not be a crowd there. However, every big race, you can't fit any more people at one track. Why is this? Not only because of great competition, but also people like Barnstormers and the people that run it.

As for the comment of the Barn crew being "elitist asses," I don't know what gave you that idea. Possibly you got into a fight with someone there, and didn't like what everyone else had to say about it? The only thing that is even close to elitist about our drivers is the fact that we stick together, help each other with anything necessary, and often stir up competition. I don't think that makes anyone elitist. And everyone can be an ass if it is provoked.

To say you're upset that you hacked someone and they yelled at you, suck it up, it's racing. Obviously if you're running a good race and someone takes you out when it's clear they could've avoided it by driving, you would be upset too.

So like bbq said a few posts up, if you are looking for good competition, and want to race a fun and competitive weekend, come to Barnstormers. Mr. B-day is our opening weekend next weekend (5/2/10).

And if you don't want to come to the track, then fine, but don't bash something on a public forum that you clearly know nothing about.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Default Elitist asses??

i recently had a motor(O.S.Vspec) stolen from me at hobby hut and although i was upset about it... i would never blame the guys that owned or run the place......and i dont know who u talked to but at the barn if u need help or a part its just about a guarantee that u'll get it from someone.......and as far as us being "elitist asses".......u could be right ....we have a handful of the the most competitive drivers on the northeast.....we all run the best equipment.....and we all want to win.......so as far as im concerned...thanks for the compliment....
Old 04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Oh god Stfu your such a whiner. RCHR and the barn are awesome tracks. You need Vagisil.
yeah.....what he said..
Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

you guys better ease up on him traxxas may notice this and not wanna sponsor us.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
you guys better ease up on him traxxas may notice this and not wanna sponsor us.
You're right, their 1/8th scale buggy is so good I don't want to ruin my chances with them.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T0NYDANZUH
You're right, their 1/8th scale buggy is so good I don't want to ruin my chances with them.
i found that to be the funniest part of his post!

The fact that there is multiple friendly sponsored guyS from major manufactures at the barn on a regular basis makes it even funnier.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
i found that to be the funniest part of his post!

The fact that there is multiple friendly sponsored guyS from major manufactures at the barn on a regular basis makes it even funnier.
Yes, specially TRAXXAS Sponsored Drivers.......hahahahahahaha...too funny.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.