Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki MTX-3 vs. Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by superk
NICE!! Why can't we got one of those for MTX3??
You are kidding....I bet 3racing made more options on MTX3 then any other models...............

MTX3 is so big in ASIA............However, they are selling the MTX3 left and right now, not because the PRO SPEC is out, it is because when the PRO SPEC is out, that means the MTX4 is coming....
Old 04-05-2004, 03:49 AM

At this moment only for S710 and Team Magic G4 I believe. K factory made a bunch for MTX and kyosho..

Funny thing, people tends to ditch cheap products (maybe because it is so affordable to be that good). While on the other hand, I have seen no different in shape and cut quality on the expensive kawahara products (..and material), maybe it is just being made in Japan?
Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
At this moment only for S710 and Team Magic G4 I believe. K factory made a bunch for MTX and kyosho..

Funny thing, people tends to ditch cheap products (maybe because it is so affordable to be that good). While on the other hand, I have seen no different in shape and cut quality on the expensive kawahara products (..and material), maybe it is just being made in Japan?
Rookie, I think Pyramid was referring to the SSG parts.
3Racing makes a lot of parts for the MTX-3, but it's normal carbon fiber and not SSG.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
MTX3 is so big in ASIA............However, they are selling the MTX3 left and right now, not because the PRO SPEC is out, it is because when the PRO SPEC is out, that means the MTX4 is coming....
What? An MTX-4 after the MTX-3 has been around for only 1.5 years???
Old 04-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Julius
What? An MTX-4 after the MTX-3 has been around for only 1.5 years???
so its okay for mugen to have a new car so soon but not ok for serpent?????
Old 04-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Rookie, I think Pyramid was referring to the SSG parts.
3Racing makes a lot of parts for the MTX-3, but it's normal carbon fiber and not SSG.
OK...thanks for the clarification.........I don't own the MTX3 but all my friend from HK are having ONE just to be able to HANG with the group........

Like, MTX3 is their RACE car and chassis like S710, R40 (rarely), G4 and FW-05R are their back up car....

But interesting to see is.........when I look at 3Racing website...they did almost 60% of the S710 with SSG and alum...but I am wondering, how many ppl would buy those alum parts, when the S710 is already a optioned chassis....

I bet options is always options....everyone will somehow add something this and there to make it special.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:25 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pyramid

compare the quality between 3Racing to FiveStars, you will see a BIG difference.

There are rumors that Kawahara is made in the same factory as 3Racing, not 100% sure though.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by B
compare the quality between 3Racing to FiveStars, you will see a BIG difference.

There are rumors that Kawahara is made in the same factory as 3Racing, not 100% sure though.
Are Kawahara not made in Taiwan?
Old 04-05-2004, 01:18 PM
B
Tech Master

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Are Kawahara not made in Taiwan?
I dont think so. I believe that they are made in HK.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by B
I dont think so. I believe that they are made in HK.
I doubt that many RC parts are made in HK, things like 3Racing or GPM or others are mfr from ppl in HK, but very much sure they are all made in CHINA. (cheap labor and material).........that also explain why the GPM products are very much "limited edition"...cause you won't find the pulleys they made are in perfect circle.....or some arms are longer and thinner then the others....LOL

Also, isn't it KAWAHARA is a Japanese brand...? There are still a chance their parts are made in China, but for the price they charge, they better be made in Japan.

Someone just posted the latest KAWAHARA's FW-05R....it is a fully optioned FW-05R but with Kawahara badge on it....talk about $$$$$....
Old 04-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Julius
#1 rule in aviation: Don't hit the gound.
Number 2 rule in aviation learn to spell "gound".
Old 04-05-2004, 11:23 PM
B
Tech Master

I doubt that many RC parts are made in HK, things like 3Racing or GPM or others are mfr from ppl in HK, but very much sure they are all made in CHINA. (cheap labor and material).........that also explain why the GPM products are very much "limited edition"...cause you won't find the pulleys they made are in perfect circle.....or some arms are longer and thinner then the others....LOL

Also, isn't it KAWAHARA is a Japanese brand...? There are still a chance their parts are made in China, but for the price they charge, they better be made in Japan.

Someone just posted the latest KAWAHARA's FW-05R....it is a fully optioned FW-05R but with Kawahara badge on it....talk about $$$$$....
yes, i agree that the chances are they are made in China. I am pretty sure that kawahara is not made in japan, I have heard the same for SQUARE as well, that they are both by 3Racing.

For example Mugen is made in Taiwan (have heard that they've changed to China), and I believe Kyosho is made in China as well. Don't really matter, as long as quality control is good then I dont see a problem.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:24 PM
B
Tech Master

Yep, Kawahara is indeed a Japanese brand. But so is Mugen and Kyosho. Both of them have EXCELLENT quality, but both not made in JP.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Number 2 rule in aviation learn to spell "gound".
could it be dutch?
Old 04-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by B
Yep, Kawahara is indeed a Japanese brand. But so is Mugen and Kyosho. Both of them have EXCELLENT quality, but both not made in JP.
where does it made? does this matter? i wont worry about where it was made as long as it has good quality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.