D8T?

Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default D8T?

Is the D8t a tough truggy compared to like the 8t, x2, St-rr, mbx6t ? or is it sub par in quality like I have heard or are those stories false and only brought up because of the lower price?

I would like to hear feedback from persons who own the D8t and other truggys and also D8t..tanx
Old 01-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, dont let the price fool ya. The D8T is very durable, as with the others you listed.

Ive been racing mine for a while now, and have not had any issues. Actually, I am still on the original parts, with exception of maybe a rear hub carrier.

If your trying to make a decision, keep this one as one of your options.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run the D8T stone stock and dont have any problems with it other than my driving lol
Old 01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d8racer
I run the D8T stone stock and dont have any problems with it other than my driving lol
isint that the truth
Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
isint that the truth
at least i finish the race lol
Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d8racer
at least i finish the race lol

answer your texts
Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

been a great truggy this last season, only parts broke were caused by driver... they should hire me to test the durability of thier trucks...I even bought an extra truck to use for parts, and it's still all there...replaced the steering arm on the servo, but I should of known that would break anytime...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Domo3
Is the D8t a tough truggy compared to like the 8t, x2, St-rr, mbx6t ? or is it sub par in quality like I have heard or are those stories false and only brought up because of the lower price?

I would like to hear feedback from persons who own the D8t and other truggys and also D8t..tanx
Look I run the d8T and I love my truck but it does take some money to make it race ready if you race at any competitive level, when people say it is race ready out of the box I just dont understand what kind of racing they are doing or were they are racing. I race in Arizona and our tracks have big jumps and are on the big side for 1/8 scale tracks we also race at small tracks like SRS. I am a privateer so I can tell you what I don't like about the D8T. You will need rear hub carriers but you will with any truggy. I would get the M2C captured D8 hinge pins. The stock clutch springs are to light for a stock weight truggy, When the factory guys say they are running trimed stock clutch just know there truggy is a pound or so lighter than a stock truggy, the rear shock tower sucks, the servo arm must be changed. I have done this stuff to mine and am finishing races and loving this truggy, it is now very competitive.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Prophet

i think people say the hot bodies d8 is competive out of the box , because they are probety, just club racers like i am. the track i go to has ,about one big double. i know what u mean though, about the jumps .at arizona tracks i seen them on youtube yikes!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Look I run the d8T and I love my truck but it does take some money to make it race ready if you race at any competitive level, when people say it is race ready out of the box I just dont understand what kind of racing they are doing or were they are racing. I race in Arizona and our tracks have big jumps and are on the big side for 1/8 scale tracks we also race at small tracks like SRS. I am a privateer so I can tell you what I don't like about the D8T. You will need rear hub carriers but you will with any truggy. I would get the M2C captured D8 hinge pins. The stock clutch springs are to light for a stock weight truggy, When the factory guys say they are running trimed stock clutch just know there truggy is a pound or so lighter than a stock truggy, the rear shock tower sucks, the servo arm must be changed. I have done this stuff to mine and am finishing races and loving this truggy, it is now very competitive.
+1
Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i think people say the hot bodies d8 is competive out of the box , because they are probety, just club racers like i am. the track i go to has ,about one big double. i know what u mean though, about the jumps .at arizona tracks i seen them on youtube yikes!
+1 both great points still a very good price for what u get in the kit
Old 01-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would say the majority of the people on here are just "club" racers, as I am also, with some maybe try a Big race once or twice a year..find me anyone who is really into R/C who buys a race ready truck who does'nt add some kind of hop up part.. some don't but the majority buy some thing or another.. its just a racers thing. the reason why most people say its not a good truck I feel is its cost... theres many who feel if the price is way cheaper than some of those so called higher end trucks, there considered pos... some cases its true, but I would'nt say the D8t falls in that catagory...
Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
can you tell us where you got ore the link for rear tower replacement
Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quad71
can you tell us where you got ore the link for rear tower replacement
www.xtremercracing.com
but I use the Advanced Custom Engineering (ACE) one. His name is Shawn and his e-mail is [email protected] every one I know runs his towers
http://photobucket.com/acercparts
www.teknorc.com makes one also with adjustable wing mount holes
Old 01-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Definitely get the ACE tower...it's the real deal!

I've just switched over from an ST-RR to my new D8T, and have only ran it one complete race day. What attracted me to this truggy was the quality you get for the price, and spare parts are cheaper also. My teammate drives a D8, so many of the parts are interchangeable which is important if you plan to race both buggy and truggy. The build went smoothly, and so far I've been very impressed. I agree that most of us are club racers, and I also know that I'm very tough on equipment...I manage to find every rut and pole and fence around the track sooner or later so durability is important. Give it a try, you won't be sorry.