Community
Wiki Posts
Search

erm hi...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default erm hi...

I am new here and I thought that this could be a good forum to discuss problems with my two trucks

I have an Associated GT black chassis and a T3. Currently the GT needs an engine rebuild, it has an O.S. Max .12 series engine and I wonder if there's any rebuild kits for it and how much.

As for the T3, it is a basic kit that is extensively upgraded complete with titanium turnbuckles. Right now the left turnbuckle is giving me a hard time. The end of the turnbuckle where it connects to the transmission, the rod that goes through the end of the turnbuckle seems to slide almost all the way to one side, digging into the left A-Arm. Do you understand what I mean and if so, how do I make the rod not move so much and stay at one spot?
Old 03-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Bud
Tech Master

www.towerhobbies.com has the parts to rebuild your os engine.
You have to know what engine specifically you have, as a lot of the parts don't interchange. Almost nothing will interchange between the cv and cv-r.

not sure what you're talking about with the t3. Don't have one.

Bud
Old 03-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok I have a T3 and I've got no clue what you mean. There are no turnbuckles going onto the tranny, onto the rear shock tower yes, and the steering bellcranks, and the front tower. Mabye you mean the dogbones. Or be more specific there are 6 six turbuckles on the truck you know.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Bud
Tech Master

If you have access to a digital camera, post a pic so we can see what you're talking about.

Bud
Old 03-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

i should have said where the the tuenbuckle to the differential
you know, like an axle connecting to the differential in a real car.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Bud
Tech Master

Are you talking about the little pin that goes through the ball part on the end of the dogbone (axle)? I've never seen one of those come out. never could get one out. I've tried. lol If that's what you're talking about you might be able to jb weld it in, or just replace the dogbone. They don't cost much.

Bud
Attached Thumbnails erm hi...-dogbone.jpg  
Old 03-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

I'm just lost, you gotta specify a little more.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

welcome to RC tech moelll!

Can you please be a little more detailed? are you saying the Ballcup is sliding in and out? if so, your ballcup might be too big, or stripped out. oh.... wait... are you saying the tire wobbles really bad? my friend has the rtr t3 and it did that, when he put bearings in it completely stopped. also if your ballstud(correct name?) is wobbling, make sure you have a nut on the opposite side of the ball