Edam Spirit 10th Scale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Edam Spirit 10th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, or HPI R40's just to be different ;-)
Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richardc7696
yeah, or HPI R40's just to be different ;-)
or a HPI Rs3 Nitro Mini:P
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

or HB RS4!- 1st runner up 2012 IC World Championship
Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

or HB RS4!- 1st runner up 2012 IC World Championship
It's a HB R10
Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

whatever! ... how about the crap plastic parts on the Edam :-/
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

whatever! ... how about the crap plastic parts on the Edam :-/
LOL... just add some more alloy parts
Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
LOL... just add some more alloy parts
Yeah and make sure Richard tightens them, we all know what your like with a driver.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Richard

Some how you need to get more people driving this car, its a great price and parts are reasonably priced. And it doesn't have a chassis made out of coke can alloy that flexes when you look at it. The only must have upgrade would be the optional 2 speed...
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Like u said during the week, if Mr. Patane had his products in hobby shops around the place i'd bet that a lot more people would have one. Its pretty cheap for what it is. It's a good entry level car anyway.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Like u said during the week, if Mr. Patane had his products in hobby shops around the place i'd bet that a lot more people would have one. Its pretty cheap for what it is. It's a good entry level car anyway.
I think I went on and said more then that, but I forget now...

JPM Racing give excellent support and I know they will have tried and still will be pushing Edam to local hobby stores.

Think at the end of the day without a big factory racing team getting results and promoting the brand it will always be a hard sell to the racing community and unless you are willing to pay royalty to Holden and Ford for body licencing, bogans aren't going to buy it either. When for an extra $100 or so they get an Awesome R/C model that comes with engine and radio with a sick body!

I use to be in favour of a control racing class to make things fair and cost effective for all, but have changed my views as people push the rules and unless you have the contacts, the know how or the budget you can't compete.

Think its much the same with V8SuperCars at the moment, T888 are so dominant its made it boring for the fans. Surely the other 26 franchise holders must be asking why they bother to turn up, spend all those millions and are even lucky if they get any tv time for the sponsors they have...

leaving soap box
Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Seriously...

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I think I went on and said more then that, but I forget now...

JPM Racing give excellent support and I know they will have tried and still will be pushing Edam to local hobby stores.

Think at the end of the day without a big factory racing team getting results and promoting the brand it will always be a hard sell to the racing community and unless you are willing to pay royalty to Holden and Ford for body licencing, bogans aren't going to buy it either. When for an extra $100 or so they get an Awesome R/C model that comes with engine and radio with a sick body!

I use to be in favour of a control racing class to make things fair and cost effective for all, but have changed my views as people push the rules and unless you have the contacts, the know how or the budget you can't compete.

Think its much the same with V8SuperCars at the moment, T888 are so dominant its made it boring for the fans. Surely the other 26 franchise holders must be asking why they bother to turn up, spend all those millions and are even lucky if they get any tv time for the sponsors they have...

leaving soap box
Don't let Richard become disillusioned and while it's still affordable to continue racing it, stick with it. I agree that it's a good entry level car and when Jesse Davis ran it, he got it moving along nicely with more horsepower.

The real test will be more horsepower and while you're racing in a controlled class what really has to be appreciated is that the car is capable of allowing a driver to experiment and develop skills.

From the first time Richard ran the car, to the last time we met up (which he should have been A-Main) the improvement is very noticeable, in both car and driver. I'm really happy Richard has stuck with it and hasn't been swayed into changing chassis, good character mate! Its allowed him to learn all the key elements that are required to develop in racing and very little of the problems can be solely directed at the car.

What's even more important for the Edam is there's no major flaws that have to be addressed and modified to make it reliable. Just like all of us, we make mistakes, we learn from them and I would rate this car as a very good entry point racer.

Each week I thought, Richard would appear with one of your other chassis' Bundy, each week I was wrong and he persisted, he also didn't get caught up in the "this brand is better" spin and for that I take my hat off to you guys.

Sure there was user errors, driving errors, but for the most part in recent times it's been others causing damage to the car rather than the car being weak. Bundy, you must admit, if a G4 was banged around by other cars like the Edam has been, it'd be in pieces in a box of broken parts. So where once the Hobao GPX4/R would have been my recommendation, I will admit the Edam has taken it's place, specially since it can be a pullstart with a longer lay shaft as well making it more affordable to race nitro.

I'm looking forward to the xmas break and would love to put a Nova in Richards car and judge whether it can seamlessly transition to the next level.
Running 1hp masks a lot of setup flaws that may/may not emerge, it will be very interesting to see if you guys are up to it.

To give anyone reading this other than my mates Bundy and Richard a heads up, I was sitting next to the distributor at our national titles meeting. We had short discussions on the motives of racing and he was a very firm believer that it should be enjoyable and provide a level of satisfaction for those who care less for sheep stations and more about enjoying their racing. I'd say the car ticks all the boxes in that regard.

While I was skeptical at the start and thought this wont last long, as Richard progressed I was more in favour of him sticking with it and glad he has! Its been a great learning experience for me too, the Edam just proves that if you stop looking over the fence and concentrate on your own chassis you will get more performance out of it than others claim it can deliver!

Well done guys, look forward to catching up over the break.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Don't let Richard become disillusioned and while it's still affordable to continue racing it, stick with it. I agree that it's a good entry level car and when Jesse Davis ran it, he got it moving along nicely with more horsepower.

The real test will be more horsepower and while you're racing in a controlled class what really has to be appreciated is that the car is capable of allowing a driver to experiment and develop skills.

From the first time Richard ran the car, to the last time we met up (which he should have been A-Main) the improvement is very noticeable, in both car and driver. I'm really happy Richard has stuck with it and hasn't been swayed into changing chassis, good character mate! Its allowed him to learn all the key elements that are required to develop in racing and very little of the problems can be solely directed at the car.

What's even more important for the Edam is there's no major flaws that have to be addressed and modified to make it reliable. Just like all of us, we make mistakes, we learn from them and I would rate this car as a very good entry point racer.

Each week I thought, Richard would appear with one of your other chassis' Bundy, each week I was wrong and he persisted, he also didn't get caught up in the "this brand is better" spin and for that I take my hat off to you guys.

Sure there was user errors, driving errors, but for the most part in recent times it's been others causing damage to the car rather than the car being weak. Bundy, you must admit, if a G4 was banged around by other cars like the Edam has been, it'd be in pieces in a box of broken parts. So where once the Hobao GPX4/R would have been my recommendation, I will admit the Edam has taken it's place, specially since it can be a pullstart with a longer lay shaft as well making it more affordable to race nitro.

I'm looking forward to the xmas break and would love to put a Nova in Richards car and judge whether it can seamlessly transition to the next level.
Running 1hp masks a lot of setup flaws that may/may not emerge, it will be very interesting to see if you guys are up to it.

To give anyone reading this other than my mates Bundy and Richard a heads up, I was sitting next to the distributor at our national titles meeting. We had short discussions on the motives of racing and he was a very firm believer that it should be enjoyable and provide a level of satisfaction for those who care less for sheep stations and more about enjoying their racing. I'd say the car ticks all the boxes in that regard.

While I was skeptical at the start and thought this wont last long, as Richard progressed I was more in favour of him sticking with it and glad he has! Its been a great learning experience for me too, the Edam just proves that if you stop looking over the fence and concentrate on your own chassis you will get more performance out of it than others claim it can deliver!

Well done guys, look forward to catching up over the break.
Thanks Harry, I was going to go on more about driving ethics but didn't see the point. I am hoping to do something while on holidays and I am sure Richard will be up for it.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm keen to have a run during the break. I don't have a novarossi, but I have a couple of RB motors that would be good to test in the edam.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

I'd i'm keen to have a run during the break. I don't have a novarossi but i have a couple of RB motors that would be good to test in the edam.
Cool, I have some engines too.. They're racing 14th Friday night. We'll do the SSF and then look to meet up approaching Xmas. Work is crazy atm.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Bring back the goose i reckon, been hitting the calculator and the ED system seems to much rear drive to me. Need more drive from the front to pull out of the corners rather then having to wait for the rear to come around and then give it WOT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.