INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Is high amp discharge better or low amp discharging?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

High amp is a closer simulation of race conditions.

Low rates are needed to get the last bit of energy out of a cell.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, I meant,
low amp equalizing is better or high amp equalizing.

How come even when i run my car to the max (not on the ground, wheels are suspended), I can only get 10A max coming from my batteries when measured with an amp meter?

I am already using euro gold connnectors, silver soldering, 12 gauge wires, futaba mc800 spd control, 9x4 fantom motor...

But only 10A max going through my motor... any ideas?
Old 06-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tornado
Initially I tot my backlight has also burnt but I found out, it was my power supply wasn't supplying enough amps...cos' when I modified my power supply to bump up the amps...the back light is back on again. Perhaps you could try making an enquiry at Integy to find out your next course of action.
Back light: I tend to say it's due to a bad connector inside the charger... some people experience it goes on and off...

So a solution is to disassembler the charger and take the connector off and on again. Then it probably work as it should. But do consider warranty...
Old 06-22-2004, 03:25 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was wonder what backlight color do you have for you Eagle Model CDC V6.0? Mine is green.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

First of all, can anyone answer if a low amp discharge equalization better or high amp discharge equalization?

My charger is still on warranty, if I open it up and fix the connectors, would that void my warranty? (Just curious) Or does it depend on where I bought it??

My backlight turns on and off once in a while, but the main reason I want to send it for warranty is because there seems to be "darker" spots on my lcd. Sortof like there is a little black cloud inside where the text is suppose to be on the LCD panel.

My CDC has a blue back light, and I want to keep ti that way. Hope they replace it with a blue light as well, if I send it back in for warranty.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

rcnewb....

a high amp rate equalizer will increase AV, decrease IR, but you'll loose runtime while a low amp rate equalizer will improve AV and IR slightly, but keep the runtime in good shape
Old 06-22-2004, 08:24 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcnewb2004
My CDC has a blue back light, and I want to keep ti that way. Hope they replace it with a blue light as well, if I send it back in for warranty.
Looks like Eagle has a small 'update' on the charger then? My charger's backlit is green.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TFR
Looks like Eagle has a small 'update' on the charger then? My charger's backlit is green.
Well, integy has been selling the 16x5v6 for a while now, I would be guessing but probably around 6-8 months, and they are all blue backlite
Old 06-22-2004, 09:52 PM
tornado

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
rcnewb....

a high amp rate equalizer will increase AV, decrease IR, but you'll loose runtime while a low amp rate equalizer will improve AV and IR slightly, but keep the runtime in good shape
High amp equaliser.....increase AV and Decrease IR..... hey...dead shorting does that too... any comments ?

Old 06-23-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

There's more into it than just high / low amp eq.

Most high amp (if not all) eq's, dont have an auto cut off. So if you forget to watch, you're actually dead shorting...

Then there's eq's with approx 1 and/or 5 amps discharge. With 5 amps, the discharge wont be as deep, because due to the cells IR, the voltage will lower faster, making the cut-off be activated. In other words, a 1 amp eq will take more mah out, than 5 amp. This is also the reason for most Rayspeed users, to first eq at 5 amp, and next with 1 amp.

Personally, I wont my batts to last for a reasonably time, so I first discharge with 20 amps on the charger. And before next use, I eq on a one-amp eq board with auto-cut -off !
Old 06-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TFR
I was wonder what backlight color do you have for you Eagle Model CDC V6.0? Mine is green.
Indigo blue. (Blue, with a slight touch of green).
Old 06-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcnewb2004
Sorry, I meant,
low amp equalizing is better or high amp equalizing.

How come even when i run my car to the max (not on the ground, wheels are suspended), I can only get 10A max coming from my batteries when measured with an amp meter?

I am already using euro gold connnectors, silver soldering, 12 gauge wires, futaba mc800 spd control, 9x4 fantom motor...

But only 10A max going through my motor... any ideas?
This isn't a very scientific method. How often does your car race in mid air?

If the car runs OK, you'll be pulling a LOT more than 10A almost all the way around the track.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

tornado....

but what's a equalizer??? It's nothing but a "deadshorter".....the only difference is that you have resistor to limit the amp draw, but once the light goes out you're deadshorting your cells......
Old 06-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
tornado....

but what's a equalizer??? It's nothing but a "deadshorter".....the only difference is that you have resistor to limit the amp draw, but once the light goes out you're deadshorting your cells......
Depends... there's two kinds - the ones you mention, which goes all the way down to zero volt. And then there's the ones with auto-cut-off. These usually stops, when each cell reach 0,9 volt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.