INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

So Nimh cells will yield the same capacity even if u charge them intraday?

I think the capacity comes back if you charge the Nicds about 3-4 hrs after the run.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

When I first got my nimh cells I wanted to sort of *test* them out, so I left them in my car for the whole race day. I lost a little punch on the 3rd and 4th charge, but they still felt really good. They are considered to be the best on the 2nd charge of the day. You do loose some capacity but there is so much to start with it's not a problem unless you run mod. Just make sure that the cells are at room temp before you re-charge them.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

So did you guys work out which is hotter/punchier a higher voltage threshold or lower threshold. I think some people shouldn't give advice if they don't know what they are talking about.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Higher voltage cutoff = More punch, hotter temps, more mah, cells deteriorate faster.

Lower volatge cutoff = Less punch, lower temps, less mah, cells last longer.

You can change the amp rate to keep temps in the right range and still use a 10mv/cutoff. I know people who use 4amps with 10mv/cutoff for mod to get as much runtime as possible. In stock 4 amps won't give you enough punch. You can get away with that in mod but in stock you need to push both the motor and the batteries to be fast.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nqslammin
Hi,

So did you guys work out which is hotter/punchier a higher voltage threshold or lower threshold. I think some people shouldn't give advice if they don't know what they are talking about.

Cheers,
Sam.
And I think some people shouldn't say things like that when they too are in need of help. I truly thought I was correct, and it was an honest mistake. There is no need to say some BS like that.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Aku-Man
Is that 30mv?
treshold of 5 is the same as 30mv.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by etzkev
And I think some people shouldn't say things like that when they too are in need of help. I truly thought I was correct, and it was an honest mistake. There is no need to say some BS like that.
I know you made advices to help.

Maybe nqslammin aint aiming at you, but in general. nqslammin, I suggest you check out Fukuyama , if you have doubt about temperature and cut off versus performance. Also check the other matchers.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Aku-Man
Well, I'm tired of this. I'm going to sell my CDC6.0 B2(just bought it ) and get a quantum or orion.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
I'll bet it aint your charger - so if you buy another charger, you'll probably have the same problem

And as somebody else said, even if it is your CDC 6, you have warranty
Old 04-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
I know you made advices to help.

Maybe nqslammin aint aiming at you, but in general. nqslammin, I suggest you check out Fukuyama , if you have doubt about temperature and cut off versus performance. Also check the other matchers.
Yeah, sorry for saying you were wrong. I was just trying to help, and I was wrong.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

I currently only have 1 sanyo 2000 nicds at my disposal, my 2 3300 packs are coming, but in 2 weeks.

I am wondering if this is enough to keep them performing (in the long run)??

I do 2-3 runs a day.
(Note all these runs are practice runs, I dont' race with these batts, I just want the batts to last, not necessary in top form, but just last a year or two.)

After a run, I will discharge each cell using 0.1A until all cells are discharged.

Next I give the cells an 1.5 hr break. Then I will charge them up again and do the next run.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

rcnewb2004 - Discharging at a higher amp and then dropping it reduces the discharge time. If you discharge at .1amps first it will take ages. You use the pack so frequently I'm not sure how it will hold up.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

When I am done, usually, i only have 30-40 mah left in the battery, on 20A drain, it only drains only 1mah, then it says its done because it hits the cuttoff very fast. So I just use 0.1A drain because that only takes 10 mins max, to discharge my batteries.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

If you only have 30mAh at the end of a run, it really isn't worth discharging the cells.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default using the 16X5V6

I just used this for the first time last night.. It would not let me change the battery settings (3000mah) up to 3300mah. It would go down but not up?? Also, it seemed to get stuck in the cycling mode. I couldn't jump out into the charge or discharge section. Instructions I agree are not very clear... Any help greatly appeciated.

Last edited by Babylou; 04-16-2004 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Is it definitely a v6?

Mine goes up to 3300mAh no problems (that setting doesn't really matter though, it only influences trickle and part-charge rates).

The button on the left (Back I think it's called) toggles between the Battery Info and the Charging Modes - the left and right arrows select which charging mode you are in. Enter starts the charge.

When in Battery Info mode, Enter starts the program option, left and right selects from the various presets.

It's quite a straightforward charger to use once you realise that the manual makes it seem way more complicated than necessary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.