Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Granger Offroad RC Raceway (Granger, Indiana) >

Granger Offroad RC Raceway (Granger, Indiana)

Granger Offroad RC Raceway (Granger, Indiana)

Old 06-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

will you be running stadium trucks anytime soon? Im looking to trade my emaxx for one but i only want to do the trade if your going to have a class for it.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nick84
will you be running stadium trucks anytime soon? Im looking to trade my emaxx for one but i only want to do the trade if your going to have a class for it.
Hey Nick. We are running stadium trucks now. What kind are you looking at?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by carplace
Hey Nick. We are running stadium trucks now. What kind are you looking at?
im looking at an rc10t3.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

im looking at an rc10t3.
Hey Nick, my only hesitation would be that the T3 will be a little tougher to find parts for (the T4 is still current and parts are plentiful). There should be a stadium truck class to run with so it would be OK. Let me know what you end up with. There are also lots of guys around the track with stuff for sale reasonable, it might be worth coming over and asking around before you get the new truck.

Michael
Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Nick, my only hesitation would be that the T3 will be a little tougher to find parts for (the T4 is still current and parts are plentiful). There should be a stadium truck class to run with so it would be OK. Let me know what you end up with. There are also lots of guys around the track with stuff for sale reasonable, it might be worth coming over and asking around before you get the new truck.

Michael
ok but first i wil have to sell my carbon fiber emaxx to fund for me to get the new 4.1 to race there.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

ok but first i wil have to sell my carbon fiber emaxx to fund for me to get the new 4.1 to race there.
Bring it over on Saturday, maybe someone would want to trade it for a race piece.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bring it over on Saturday, maybe someone would want to trade it for a race piece.
maybe i will do that. but id first have to see if i can find away there.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Alright Short Course Drivers, time to MAN UP!

Here's the announcement Short Course drivers have been waiting for!

If you have any questions, check out www.grangerraceway.com! Seeya there! :thumbsup:
Old 06-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

After another fun day of racing it is now time for the Big Dog Short Course Shootout this Saturday! The short course main Saturday was a blast so I can't wait for this weekend!

If you have any questions ask here or shoot me a PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

for your stadium truck races what power systems do you race with. brushless,brushed what turns so i know to get the right one for my truck that im working on.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

for your stadium truck races what power systems do you race with. brushless,brushed what turns so i know to get the right one for my truck that im working on.
Most of the guys run Tekin rs or rs pro systems. 13.5 is a good starting motor for the truck class. 95% of all the folks racing do run brushless systems
Old 06-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kings Kid
Most of the guys run Tekin rs or rs pro systems. 13.5 is a good starting motor for the truck class. 95% of all the folks racing do run brushless systems
ok thanks!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Recap of the 1st Annual BIG DOG Short Course Shootout!

Granger Offroad hosted the First Annual BIG DOG Short Course Shootout this past Saturday! We fought mother nature, tooth and nail, but accomplished to have a great race day. With the two storms Friday night, the region was plagued with power outages, downed trees & limbs- but we still managed to pull it off. If you didn't make it, here's what you missed....

Two heats of Short Course Stock, and a Heat of Short Course Mod took to the track about two hours late due to letting the track dry out. There were some real close battling in both classes, and some great runs laid down.

Fred Stockbarger started the day off with a bang, taking the early TQ's in both classes. In stock class, racers like Jim Bernicky, Aaron Cyrier, Mike Ringer, Max Schrager and Andrew Chupp mounted challenges. In mod, Jim Bernicky once again made noise, with Rick Fisk (albeit running a 4x4) and Fred Stockbarger showing up atop the charts. After qualifying was over, here was your top fives:

In stock class, the top five qualifiers: Fred Stockbarger, Max Schrager, Jim Bernicky, Mike Ringer, Andrew Chupp.
In modified class, the top five qualifiers: Rick Fisk, Fred Stockbarger, Jim Bernicky, Todd Falkowski, Mike Weaver

In the Stock B-Main, two guys who JUST missed out (Zac Donathen & Ryan Flatt), took off from the start, and battled it out. Ryan had a strong truck, and at times started to reel Zac in. Zac, though, put in a great smooth run to take the win. Ryan Flatt was second, with great runs put in by newcomers Dennis Thorpe and Gary Sundman in third and fourth, and Donn Chupp taking fifth.
In the Stock A-Feature, Fred, Max and Rick Fisk made it out alive early. Fred's start wasn't stellar, but he rebounded nicely. Jim Bernicky got mauled at the start, and didn't have much better luck for the first half of the race. Jim had arguably the fastest truck of the weekend, dipping into the 34 second range in stock! Luck wasn't on his side, though. Up front, Fred and Max stayed 1-2 throughout the race, and that's where they finished. Jim, after being 10th on lap 2, battled back for third- right rear tire coming loose and all, with Rick Fisk and Andrew Chupp rounding out the top five. Six through ten consisted of Aaron Cyrier, Mike Ringer, Jim Clark, Austin Weaver and Colton Kruse.
The Mod A-Feature saw another tough start for Jim Bernicky- upside down in the sweeper! Rick, Todd and Fred jumped out to an early lead, and all three led at one point in the opening couple laps. Rick, with the 4x4, was able to easily pull away from the field. Fred was second until pulling off with some electrical issue. This had Todd up to the 2 spot, with Jim taking over the third spot. In the end, Rick Fisk won, but gave up his win (based on the 4x4), turning the win over to Todd Falkowski. Jim Bernicky was second, with Mike Weaver finishing third. The top five was filled out by Ronald Hathaway and Dan Sosnoski.

It should be mentioned this race was well supported, with all racers getting a door prize! (with exception of Granger staff- they were given shovels!) Champions received a custom painted and decaled short course body!

Granger Offroad especially thanks the following sponsors of the race!
-The CarPlace of Granger (www.carplaceonline.com)
-Pete Russell's Hobby Shop of Elkhart (www.russellrc.com)
-Michiana RC Raceways of Mishawaka (www.michianarc.com)
-Todd's Warpaint / Delicious Vinyl (www.toddswarpaint.com)
-Factory RV Surplus of Elkhart (www.factoryrvsurplus.com)

Last but certainly not least, the Boy Scouts of America were on-hand all day. We had a pancake breakfast for $5, and did a great grilled lunch as well!

It was a great day at Granger Offroad- and there will be more to come! Congrats to all winners and participants!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default wow no new post and the next big trophy race is this sat

hope to see some of the rctech readers out for this saturdays all class trophy race Gary
Old 08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hunternaf
hope to see some of the rctech readers out for this saturdays all class trophy race Gary
I know Gary. It is amazing what people are missing at Granger Offroad racing. Lots of fun in the sun.

See ya at the race.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.