Search

Alternative Big-Bores for RC8

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Post Alternative Big-Bores for RC8

Hey there,

I was thinking of some big-bore shocks for my rc8. I took a look online at Amain and they are about 55 bucks for 2. I was looking around and the O'Donnell big bore truggy shocks are 30$ for 2 and they come with shocks etc. Anyone tell me how big the truggy shocks are or can someone tell me a good alternative to the expensive AE shocks? Thanks!

Erik
Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mugen MBX6 shocks are awesome. Have a look on the bay for some pulled out of new kits.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CKmaxx
Mugen MBX6 shocks are awesome. Have a look on the bay for some pulled out of new kits.
Hey thanks your right, they do look sweeeeettt. But they are still 84$ for four any other ones out there
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i have these on my mugen and jammin,there f'n huge!
larger od than the jammin big bores and you get extra spring sets,pistons and hardware.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWDX1&P=SM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWDX1&P=SM
Old 01-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

stay with the ae shocks,they are made for your buggy.the price is right in there with others,u also can find on this site a thread for rc8 set-ups and 99% of them are with ae shocks,there is no better shock out there for your buggy.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Isn't there a saying; "The grass is allways greener on the other......OH NO! the yards on fire!"

Somewhere theres a forum on here for "Can I put RC8 shocks on my Mbx6?" Why's everyone allways swapping shocks? They all do the same thing, tune the ones you got, they work fine.

I think by now every single major car thread has people swapping to another cars shocks. Its hilarious to see Hotbodies wanting to run Losi shocks and then click on a Losi thread where theyre trying to swap on Hotbodies shocks!

We need a White Elephant Shock Exchange forum.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Isn't there a saying; "The grass is allways greener on the other......OH NO! the yards on fire!"

Somewhere theres a forum on here for "Can I put RC8 shocks on my Mbx6?" Why's everyone allways swapping shocks? They all do the same thing, tune the ones you got, they work fine.

I think by now every single major car thread has people swapping to another cars shocks. Its hilarious to see Hotbodies wanting to run Losi shocks and then click on a Losi thread where theyre trying to swap on Hotbodies shocks!

Hahah you made me laugh... Thanks for the info, but i heard the RC8 rotates waaay better with big bores. Im all for that.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigguyrc8
stay with the ae shocks,they are made for your buggy.the price is right in there with others,u also can find on this site a thread for rc8 set-ups and 99% of them are with ae shocks,there is no better shock out there for your buggy.
+1 AGREED

The AE big bores are worth the $$$. They also have 4mm shafts, I've broken one shock shaft on my RC8T in over 15 gallons. Try eGay, sometimes you find them a little cheaper there.

Also, the oils stay nice and clean for quite some time.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default big bore questions

ok so i have a rc8 and want to put big bore on it also.what changes would i have to make to fit the rear shocks from rc8t onto my rc8.are the shock standoff bushings the same size on both rc8 rc8t?and are the rc8 big bores the same as the rc8t big bores? like the cup size hole that mounts to the shock tower is what im asking?

dont mean to jack thread just brought up some thoughts about these shocks
Old 02-17-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by vowbeachbum
ok so i have a rc8 and want to put big bore on it also.what changes would i have to make to fit the rear shocks from rc8t onto my rc8.are the shock standoff bushings the same size on both rc8 rc8t?and are the rc8 big bores the same as the rc8t big bores? like the cup size hole that mounts to the shock tower is what im asking?

dont mean to jack thread just brought up some thoughts about these shocks
there is only one rear shock and its fits both the rc8 and rc8t. they fit with the old towers and the regular shock standoffs. it all bolts right up. i have them on my rc8 and wow what a difference they made compared to the stock shocks. you want the 38mm rear big bores and the 29mm front for buggy.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

look on ebay. you should be able to pick some pulled off a kit for $30-$40.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

+1 - Why swap? Learn how to setup your ride and learn how to drive. If you are lucky to have team drivers or factory guys race at your t rack. get on the track with them and see how they drives. Find out where they brake before a turn. try to run their line. You have to beable to feel your ride. Just because Im 200ft away from it, I can feel when somethings wrong. Swappin our parts....... I have a bunch of pros out here, and alot of times I ask - Hey your company just came out with_____...... is it nessessary.... And they will be honest. If my ride is good enough for the pro guys to win with, its good enough for me to learn how to drive with.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
+1 - Why swap? Learn how to setup your ride and learn how to drive. If you are lucky to have team drivers or factory guys race at your t rack. get on the track with them and see how they drives. Find out where they brake before a turn. try to run their line. You have to beable to feel your ride. Just because Im 200ft away from it, I can feel when somethings wrong. Swappin our parts....... I have a bunch of pros out here, and alot of times I ask - Hey your company just came out with_____...... is it nessessary.... And they will be honest. If my ride is good enough for the pro guys to win with, its good enough for me to learn how to drive with.
BIG +1. thats how i learn. Thats even how the fast guys get faster. They watch the competition. You may have the fastest laptime but there might be a guy or two who have a faster section time. (a single part of the track) so they watch his lines and make the adjustment and set a new fast time.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB
Hey there,

I was thinking of some big-bore shocks for my rc8. I took a look online at Amain and they are about 55 bucks for 2. I was looking around and the O'Donnell big bore truggy shocks are 30$ for 2 and they come with shocks etc. Anyone tell me how big the truggy shocks are or can someone tell me a good alternative to the expensive AE shocks? Thanks!

Erik
if you go with odonnell shocks, you will not be disappointed. they are amazing i like them better than all the other shocks. they are worth every penny. they are extremely smooth and they are extremely durable.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Whats wrong with the shocks that came with it.......?