Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chet
RTR kits comes with 6 hole pistons. Im not a fan of 6th hole pistons, if you check on pro drivers setups they never run them. The new set ups they have posted for the v2 are the type b pistons. 3 holes not sure the sizes off hand if you check durangos site you will see them in setups.

As for anti squat I saw in the last page if your track has traction and has high speed sweepers. LRC will be way better then 0 anti squat all the pros ever run is LRC now. If there isn't a lot of traction HRC may be better.
Thanks for the info! Can anyone confirm Shock oil weight front and rear in the RTR is 450cst?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knowitall156
I've been racing my V2 for about a month now. My set up is nearly identical to my V1 with the exception of a spring change in front. I'm also running the plastic chassis as the 17.5 class is what everyone is racing at my local track right now. The platform is super easy to drive and predictable to push. The changes made to the front end keep the arms from digging. The chassis bracing has been changed to get the motor and trans in and out easily. The rear arms have holes for the shocks to be run in front or back of the arms. Funny how all the guys who think the Durango is a sub par platform are hanging out at my pit examining the buggy because they are getting beat. This is an excellent durable buggy that I would highly recommend to anyone considering buying one.
Thats good to hear. Im coming from 3 yrs of AE ending with a b4.2. Our track is a blownout 1/8 scale, extremely loose clay and i want to try the RM4 config. It looks like TD has addressed the weak parts that kept me out of a 210v1, mainly the gearbox link mounts, rear tower and the steering rack. I have a complete album of the local guys working on their 210's while our b4's sat ready to run. They wouldnt run practice laps for fear of breaking before a race. I am still going to brace the rear link mounts as i dont think that the design is as strong as a separate mounting area.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Star
Thats good to hear. Im coming from 3 yrs of AE ending with a b4.2. Our track is a blownout 1/8 scale, extremely loose clay and i want to try the RM4 config. It looks like TD has addressed the weak parts that kept me out of a 210v1, mainly the gearbox link mounts, rear tower and the steering rack. I have a complete album of the local guys working on their 210's while our b4's sat ready to run. They wouldnt run practice laps for fear of breaking before a race. I am still going to brace the rear link mounts as i dont think that the design is as strong as a separate mounting area.
The Durango runs well like Associated, but is easier to drive fast for a longer period of time without mistake(s). I run at HotRod a Hobbies in SoCal. It's outdoor night racing on a watered track that if it's breezy dries out and can be slick. I run RM3 and never have a traction problem. When you get your V2, if you need any set up help from me just let me know.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run on a real small carpet track with small jumps. I'm having a problem with it nose diving off of the bigger jump... most people are too.. they say it's the way the jumps are made. the only cars that don't seem to be having the problem are the b5's and SC

I'm running MM4 with battery all the way back.. is there something that I can change to help stop it from nose diving?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cripplethreat
I run on a real small carpet track with small jumps. I'm having a problem with it nose diving off of the bigger jump... most people are too.. they say it's the way the jumps are made. the only cars that don't seem to be having the problem are the b5's and SC

I'm running MM4 with battery all the way back.. is there something that I can change to help stop it from nose diving?
First and foremost, check if the suspension is bottoming out as it crests the jump. If the back hits the ramp on take-off, that could be the cause of the nosedive. You can go a step up on the rear oil weight and see if it makes a difference, raise the car by 1-2mm might help. Or if you don't want to play with the settings, try keeping constant throttle as you come up to the jump as opposed to getting on the gas hard, cause when you are on power, the back tends to squat or sink more.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

So far I haven't had any issues with my car. I think the 1st generation kits had weaker parts, but the current crop of cars including the RTR with the performance upgraded included in the kits are pretty strong and I haven't seen any break at the track. I let a bunch of drivers try out my car and they have tumbled it quite a bit and so far, nothing has broken with the exception of the gear covers. The Exotek or Avid gear covers last so much longer.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone running the 210v2 straight arms on there 210v1 (23mm shock body instead of 21.5mm)

what spring you running up front was going to use the dark blue but the v2 kit says red dark but the setup sheets say black.

Track is dirt running RM3 can be loose and blue groove
Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You're jumping the gun there :P I'll have the front arms on mine once they're available, but I'll also be running the new shock package. The 23mm stroke shocks will have more droop but less up travel, probably not ideal. I'll be converting my v1 to 95% v2 so we'll see how it goes (no ballstuds or outdrives, will probably be running the gear diff or the regular ball diff, we'll see, running an AE diff is still a possibility) I think with the front arms you'll want the new tower and shorter shocks for the complete swap over, they don't just re make parts for the sake of it so I'd do all or nothing.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
You're jumping the gun there :P I'll have the front arms on mine once they're available, but I'll also be running the new shock package. The 23mm stroke shocks will have more droop but less up travel, probably not ideal. I'll be converting my v1 to 95% v2 so we'll see how it goes (no ballstuds or outdrives, will probably be running the gear diff or the regular ball diff, we'll see, running an AE diff is still a possibility) I think with the front arms you'll want the new tower and shorter shocks for the complete swap over, they don't just re make parts for the sake of it so I'd do all or nothing.
Should of explained I have the V2 shock towers and Straight arms already installed, shock body and shorter shafts were immediately available, I thought I would just see how it goes with half the parts, the 23mm shock body is no issue as you can limit drop with the screws, but I will have 1.5mm less upstroke, I will just see if its a issue or not when I race next.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pittster
Anyone running the 210v2 straight arms on there 210v1 (23mm shock body instead of 21.5mm)

what spring you running up front was going to use the dark blue but the v2 kit says red dark but the setup sheets say black.

Track is dirt running RM3 can be loose and blue groove
Dark Blue or Dark Red is pretty stiff. I don't even think any of the pro guys were using that hard in OCRC or at Cactus and even then those were med-high bite tracks.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Had no idea the front shock lost 1.5mm with the v2. Wouldn't it be better to just limit the down travel using one of the rubber shock stoppers inside the shock body, I personally already use 1 in the front and 2 in the rear shocks to limit the up travel. I'd say try out springs in the dark green range. It's the most common choice for rm3, shock length shouldn't change that.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Dark Blue or Dark Red is pretty stiff. I don't even think any of the pro guys were using that hard in OCRC or at Cactus and even then those were med-high bite tracks.
I thought it was odd also tlaking about Front springs not rear.

Check V2 210 manual on page 42 and 52,53,54

V1 210 & v3 410 came with Dark Blue fronts in the kit.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can anyone confirm the parts needed to convert the RTR dex210 to the mid motor configuration. From what the TD website suggests its only 2x idler gears, 1x idler pin, 2x shims and 2x bearings. Is that correct? Nothing else required like extra or different screws etc?

Thank you!!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Screen shot from the TD website
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-screen-shot-2014-04-06-9.30.38-pm.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've ran 1/8 buggy for years and over the past few years wheeler & 4x SCT. This is my 1st 2wd buggy and I am very impressed with how tough it is. I have driven it for a few months and the one part that broke was a rear hub. There have been many wrecks that I thought for sure would take out the little guy but no, got marshalled and still in the race
I wouldn't be too worried about durability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.