Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh yeah. That was you!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Good news, I found the issue with the slipper. Bad news, it is due to yet another defective/unfinished Durango part. The "machined" spur I bought from Durango is too thick. Confirmed by installing the stock spur gear which after some rummaging through scraps I was able to find. That's a total of five defective spare parts and one upgrade within two weeks. Both machined and molded parts. At least the riddle has concluded... for now.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

All of the machined spurs are thicker for whatever reason, that's not a defect. Sucks too because I want to run a 69 and machined is the only option out there... so there are 1mm shims between my exotech cover and the motor plate. RW spurs are no longer imported, tried that angle. Losi parts house has a size or two left but no 69's.

I've heard you can drill out the center of an AE spur to fit so you have more choices, the slipper pads are the same. I'm running some extra rcshox garodiscs from my B44 in the Durango machined spur.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fq06
All of the machined spurs are thicker for whatever reason, that's not a defect. Sucks too because I want to run a 69 and machined is the only option out there... so there are 1mm shims between my exotech cover and the motor plate. RW spurs are no longer imported, tried that angle. Losi parts house has a size or two left but no 69's.

I've heard you can drill out the center of an AE spur to fit so you have more choices, the slipper pads are the same. I'm running some extra rcshox garodiscs from my B44 in the Durango machined spur.
Yeah seems spacers were my only option as well. That's a shame to see mine wasn't just a lemon. That all of them are thicker. That just sucks. I heard people using the Schumacher Cougar SV machined spur gears and claim they fit "Like a glove". So I ordered one 71t (not a 69, but close enough for me) spur to try out. Crossing my fingers.

But I've heard the AE spurs are the same with a 1mm thicker profile compared to the stock spurs. That'll still require the spacers if that's correct.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I was the one who posted about the type B gear case lol. I have those, it is the chassis brace and rear top deck I need in order to use the new gearbox. Which is why I still don't have anything to try because the stock gearboxes are not available, therefore I cannot try a new stock gearbox, and the Type B chassis brace/rear top deck are not available so I can't try the Type B gearbox yet either. Quite frustrating.

All I can try tonight is once again rebuild it, and wait for a new top shaft and slipper plate set to rule those out as possible culprits until Durango is kind enough to replenish their stock.
Hi EbbTide,

You should can use the type B gearbox, without any other type B part, so someone told me!
It should be not necessary to us all those other type B parts.
Did you try it and it doesn't work?
I have the type B geabox, too and i would like to install it this weekend.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand...
Old 02-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by micholix
Hi EbbTide,

You should can use the type B gearbox, without any other type B part, so someone told me!
It should be not necessary to us all those other type B parts.
Did you try it and it doesn't work?
I have the type B geabox, too and i would like to install it this weekend.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand...
That is no problem at all bud I understand:-)

I have not received the gear boxes yet so I have not tried. Tower Hobbies only just sent me a shipping confirmation for them.

The gearbox should work for the most part though, as pointed out above, you just have to find a way to cleanly cut part of the rear top deck/chassis brace that the stock gearbox screws in. That will be in the way when you try fitting the Type B gearbox when using the stock rear chassis brace. Other than that, the gearbox should mount as normal.

I managed to get the
Old 02-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Do these provide stock geometry for the original kit dex210:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...unt-Set-Type-B

or are they an LRC kinda thing?
Old 02-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

That is no problem at all bud I understand:-)

I have not received the gear boxes yet so I have not tried. Tower Hobbies only just sent me a shipping confirmation for them.

The gearbox should work for the most part though, as pointed out above, you just have to find a way to cleanly cut part of the rear top deck/chassis brace that the stock gearbox screws in. That will be in the way when you try fitting the Type B gearbox when using the stock rear chassis brace. Other than that, the gearbox should mount as normal.

I managed to get the
As you can see from the two pics the only major difference is the included sway bar mount. This will only affect mm cars running the brass weight that mounts to the upper tabs. If you use the 50gr weight you can replace it with brass rear battery stop. I made my own from 3/8in brass bar 7/8in long, 2 pieces, 1 drilled and tapped the other clearance drilled, total 64gr. This handled better than having the weight hanging off the back.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-td310257_std.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-td310459_type_b.jpg  
Old 02-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DangerCow

If you want LRC options use Revolution Design set.http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sion-Mount-Set
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-lrc.jpg  
Old 02-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Those would provide you with the stock geometry... They are labled "type b" because they are ment to fit on the "type b" molded chassis
Old 02-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah seems spacers were my only option as well. That's a shame to see mine wasn't just a lemon. That all of them are thicker. That just sucks. I heard people using the Schumacher Cougar SV machined spur gears and claim they fit "Like a glove". So I ordered one 71t (not a 69, but close enough for me) spur to try out. Crossing my fingers.

But I've heard the AE spurs are the same with a 1mm thicker profile compared to the stock spurs. That'll still require the spacers if that's correct.
The Schumacher spurs do work. I've used them.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mopar
If you want LRC options use Revolution Design set.http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sion-Mount-Set
I already have the RDRP chassis and mount set. I am looking for a high-roll centre mount, and am wondering if the new Type B will fit my standard original kit chassis?

Originally Posted by porter
Those would provide you with the stock geometry... They are labled "type b" because they are ment to fit on the "type b" molded chassis
I assume 'no' then?
Old 02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The type B roll center blocks will not fit a non type B chassis.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:26 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They have the same geometry as the stock parts, just modified to allow for more durability with the type B chassis types. They will fit onto the DEX210 aluminium chassis, but the RR holder isn't suited to the old style motor guard.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

im still hoping to find the rear 50g weight from rdrp is anyone wants to part with one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.