Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have an urgent question...

I was playing with my dex210 is the rtr version and was playing at the beach near the water and a wild wave went too far and hit the car... The car turn upside down and the water went up him soaking the motor and differential...
Now the motor don't want to run... It is lost or it is something I can do :/ I have it since Tuesday

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lovethebuggy
I have an urgent question...

I was playing with my dex210 is the rtr version and was playing at the beach near the water and a wild wave went too far and hit the car... The car turn upside down and the water went up him soaking the motor and differential...
Now the motor don't want to run... It is lost or it is something I can do :/ I have it since Tuesday

Thanks.
The only thing, i think, you can do, is to dry everything up with an hairdryer, or something else!?
Maybe you can open the motor and clean it.

Good luck and hopefully it will get allive again!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by micholix
The only thing, i think, you can do, is to dry everything up with an hairdryer, or something else!?
Maybe you can open the motor and clean it.

Good luck and hopefully it will get allive again!
Thanks... I guess it is dry there are like 38 °C here...

If i plug it in and start the car I can hear a hiss from the motor when I accel it and nothing moves, it gets super hot in just a few moments
Old 01-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Thanks... I guess it is dry there are like 38 °C here...

If i plug it in and start the car I can hear a hiss from the motor when I accel it and nothing moves, it gets super hot in just a few moments
I would say you trashed the sensor board in the motor. Just grab a new motor if money is an issue pick up a speed passion you can find them for $50 or so new. Just make sure your esc and battery are dry and ok.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Walkman
I would say you trashed the sensor board in the motor. Just grab a new motor if money is an issue pick up a speed passion you can find them for $50 or so new. Just make sure your esc and battery are dry and ok.
I justo disassembly it and rinse in water then I put a good amount of w40 on it and let it rinse a little... Plug it back and is up and running again

Thanks a lot, I hope it keeps working for a few days at least...
Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I justo disassembly it and rinse in water then I put a good amount of w40 on it and let it rinse a little... Plug it back and is up and running again

Thanks a lot, I hope it keeps working for a few days at least...
In the future, use electrical cleaner instead. Rinsing any RC electronics is a bad idea. WD40 leaves a oil like feel. Electrical cleaner won't. Count yourself lucky if it runs for long.

Also be mindful of your motor temp, running in sand could be pretty demanding.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is it worth the money to go RDRP +11mm? What other options is there?
- Dimec B +8mm
- Some other
- Wait for V2

If I'm going Dimec, then I have to renew a lot more.. e.g. bodies, bumpers, hinge-pin hangers, bulkheads etc.

So what's your opinion. Stock alu or upgrade?
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shagino
In the future, use electrical cleaner instead. Rinsing any RC electronics is a bad idea. WD40 leaves a oil like feel. Electrical cleaner won't. Count yourself lucky if it runs for long.

Also be mindful of your motor temp, running in sand could be pretty demanding.
Thanks I will keep it in mind for future events, even when I'm not playing in the sand again :/

Just hope it doesn't break...

Do you think I should buy that and disassembly again and apply that? Will the w40 be a bad thing inside the motor?? How can I lube it then??

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
What track are you referring too? I've been running mid motor on SCVRC and OCRC for a bit now. I plan to try out some of the other local tracks soon as well.

I do recomend the diff case support but it will probably take some modification to make it work in mid motor. I've just ordered mine and haven't had a chance to see what it will take to make it work. Although I've heard the B version of the case may work better. Haven't really seen much on this yet….
I've mounted up the tresrey carbon fiber gearbox support and I haven't taken it out on the track yet but it looks great and seems very very solid. I would say this is how it should have been designed originally. Very inexpensive part to be mass produced I would think. One side note is that I'm not really sure what the extra small holes are for next to the mounting holes. Also, I did end up modifying the gearbox to make it easier to install the ball cups. Perhaps I didn't need to but this looks cleaner and I don't plan to go back.
Either way here's some pics
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-img_2529.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-img_2533.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-img_2534.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I've mounted up the tresrey carbon fiber gearbox support and I haven't taken it out on the track yet but it looks great and seems very very solid. I would say this is how it should have been designed originally. Very inexpensive part to be mass produced I would think. One side note is that I'm not really sure what the extra small holes are for next to the mounting holes. Also, I did end up modifying the gearbox to make it easier to install the ball cups. Perhaps I didn't need to but this looks cleaner and I don't plan to go back.
Its a nice piece and a good way to extend the life of a broken case. The small holes are designed for if you ever ran a sway bar, you would be able to access the pinch grub screws..
Old 01-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

What track are you referring too? I've been running mid motor on SCVRC and OCRC for a bit now. I plan to try out some of the other local tracks soon as well.

I do recomend the diff case support but it will probably take some modification to make it work in mid motor. I've just ordered mine and haven't had a chance to see what it will take to make it work. Although I've heard the B version of the case may work better. Haven't really seen much on this yet….
Originally Posted by flame56mx
Its a nice piece and a good way to extend the life of a broken case. The small holes are designed for if you ever ran a sway bar, you would be able to access the pinch grub screws..
Thanks Flame! That's what I thought they were for…but it seems like mounting it the stock way down below would make it line up under the tie rods a little better…no? I guess I need to try it!

That being said…who runs a rear sway bar on their 210 and Why?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Thanks Flame! That's what I thought they were for…but it seems like mounting it the stock way down below would make it line up under the tie rods a little better…no? I guess I need to try it!

That being said…who runs a rear sway bar on their 210 and Why?
Exactly, never had any reasonable results using one..
Old 01-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks again flame. Always on point

I really want to a longer alum chassis like the RDRP +11 but I don't wanna buy one right now if there will be a longer alum chassis in the V2. Any ideas? Also it seems like the new car should be here anyway….old parts are gone. Kits seem to be drying up…etc. Do we have an ETA?

THANKS!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know if there are any rear arm mounts available in brass for low roll center?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Where did you find the gearbox support at? Ive checked around and can't find them anywhere. I broke my case at the track last night.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.