Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

could be a couple things on your set up, more anti squate or softer spring/shock set up would be the first thing I'd try, I find diff oil plays with the overal rotation of the car, but with set up, just try something, if it doesn't work, change it back and try again.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaank
But if there are no spacers in stock like at the front c-hubs?
I removed 1mm from anywhere possible and then maybe I'm going to work out the bump-steer.
The front c-hub setting is not so much affected by the longitudinal shift of the ball-stud so don't worry too much about that. It is primarily when you get an off set in height that needs to be paid attention too.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
could be a couple things on your set up, more anti squate or softer spring/shock set up would be the first thing I'd try, I find diff oil plays with the overal rotation of the car, but with set up, just try something, if it doesn't work, change it back and try again.
Thanks, currently running zero anti squat. How is it measured? Have seen numbers on setup sheets that I don't understand.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregerL
The front c-hub setting is not so much affected by the longitudinal shift of the ball-stud so don't worry too much about that. It is primarily when you get an off set in height that needs to be paid attention too.
Thanks.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simonseize
Thanks, currently running zero anti squat. How is it measured? Have seen numbers on setup sheets that I don't understand.
Both the kit and RTR come with multiple RF hangers. It's labeled 0/1.5/3.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im completely sold on this ready to run chassis. Threaded shocks, a ball diff, Speed Passion 13.5 brushless system, and the stock radio doesnt look that bad either.
My favorite part there's a deans end on the speed controller. Thats all I run is deans.
This chassis is less expensive than the bandit VXL. And the bandit VXL isnt considered a racer.

They have one in stock at my local hobby shop. I hope it's still there.
Gonna pick it up tomorrow if it's still there.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer
Im completely sold on this ready to run chassis. Threaded shocks, a gear diff, Speed Passion 13.5 brushless system, and the stock radio doesnt look that bad either.
My favorite part there's a deans end on the speed controller. Thats all I run is deans.
This chassis is less expensive than the bandit VXL. And the bandit VXL isnt considered a racer.

A few things, it comes with a gear diff, not ball diff. The stock radio isn't very good. The only settings available are the trims and steering D/R.

If you can swing it, I'd recommend getting a flysky gt3c. The stock receiver binds right to it.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im completely sold on this ready to run chassis. Threaded shocks, a ball diff, Speed Passion 13.5 brushless system, and the stock radio doesnt look that bad either.

The RTR comes with a gear diff, not a ball diff, just so you know
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ekt
The RTR comes with a gear diff, not a ball diff, just so you know
That's fine with me. Does the shocks have oil in them and does the diff have fluid already in it? I also like to have a bit of grease on my gears too inside the transmission. I probably wont change shock oil right away because it might
run fine with the stock oil and grease. Im not going to change springs either
unless I absoultely have to. Since the shocks are threaded you can change that without having to buy springs sometimes.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The stock diff comes with oil but the RTRs I've bought myself the and 4 that I've sold to various customers have all had the oil leaking out from the factory. Tear that bish down and fill it up with some black grease.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
Tear that bish down and fill it up with some black grease.
I have some black grease so I'll try that then. Thanks for the information.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run a gear diff in my buggy and the diff is filled with two whole tubes of black grease. I love it on the indoor clay tracks I race on...and the bumpy outdoor tracks too.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

The stock diff comes with oil but the RTRs I've bought myself the and 4 that I've sold to various customers have all had the oil leaking out from the factory. Tear that bish down and fill it up with some black grease.
This was the case with a DESC210 that my friend got as well. It didn't look like oil leaked out though. Get the DEX408 shock O-Rings to stop leaks.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I have some black grease so I'll try that then. Thanks for the information.
Originally Posted by Tdiddy
I run a gear diff in my buggy and the diff is filled with two whole tubes of black grease. I love it on the indoor clay tracks I race on...and the bumpy outdoor tracks too.
Sweet spot for that diff racing is 5k losi diff oils... give it a shot, I've tried grease and many other options. I start the race season w/ 5k, don't touch it till half way through refresh to 5k then unless there is a big race event, then let it go for the remainder.

Originally Posted by shagino
This was the case with a DESC210 that my friend got as well. It didn't look like oil leaked out though. Get the DEX408 shock O-Rings to stop leaks.
I have built using the stock w/o issues, I put a little grease on the O-rings when building then everything else normal.. no issues.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When you guys run the gear diff do you have the (2) gear or the full (4) gear in the diff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.