Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simonseize
Is the RTR worth buying if I've never raced and just want to take to a track during practice? Is your opinion swayed by a$175 price tag?

Thx!
Have you ever built one? If not, the RTR is the way to go. Building a kit is a great experience but you'll need a lot of tools to do it properly.

You mentioned a track. Which track would you go to? Perhaps someone here goes to that track. I'd check on their parts support. If you break and you can't fix it at the track, it's going to be really frustrating. Take a day and check the track out.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
Have you ever built one? If now, the RTR is the way to go. Building a kit is a great experience but you'll need a lot of tools to do it properly.

You mentioned a track. Which track would you go to? Perhaps someone here goes to that track. I'd check on their parts support. If you break and you can't fix it at the track, it's going to be really frustrating. Take a day and check the track out.
The track is in Reynoldsburg, OH. It was called ENHobby, not Sparks. I was there a few days back, but didn't ask what they carry. Did speak with a guy who runs Durango...

As for the build, not scared of a build. I fly RC Helis exclusively and have built and rebuilt many. However, I know that building my own will be much pricier than $175 that Tower has this kit at.

I will need different tires, correct? Its a dirt track, maybe clay? Looked sticky. They were using a gas powered tamper as they had just rebuilt. I also don't know if I'll want to go MM immediately, or if the gear box is fully adjustable MM3/4 RM3/4 like the pro.

Last edited by simonseize; 09-06-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just bought a 210. I've been looking at it for a while and finally decided to buy one. Unfortunately I bought a used one 2 days before I saw the low price from Tower. Oops! Fortunately I still paid a little less and it is very lightly used. The chassis has maybe one little scratch so it was either driven very little or was mostly on carpet. Unfortunately whoever built it had no idea what they were doing. The front caster blocks had 3 spacers instead of 4 so the front was very loose and sloppy. The right front camber link was on the inner hole in the caster block but on the outer hole in the left one. It had full droop in back and hardly any up front. It also had negative static camber in the rear. The front had tons of bump steer due to the way it was setup as well. I'm just glad I didn't find lead weights everywhere to balance it all out! There are also 2 nearly stripped screws that took some patience to get out and the left front caster block has is stripped on the top hole for the steering block. There is also flashing still on every part. Some people should NOT be allowed to build RC cars! Fortunately I can fix it all but I wish I'd have waited 2 more days and seen the new low prices at Tower. The small monetary savings is more than offset by having to fix a few things. Fortunately they provided all of the extra parts with the car. Oh well. I've got it and now I'm going to play with it.

I am a huge proponent of mid motor but since I am custom building my own mid motor car I thought that I should have a good rear motor reference car to compare it to in order to determine if it works well or not. Time to start playing and tuning. I'm pretty busy so when I get some progress made on tuning I'll share my results.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Is Durango coming out with new 2wd and 4wd buggies? tower is sold out but their prices are dirt cheap.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

read thru forum and u will find answer
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by simonseize
The track is in Reynoldsburg, OH. It was called ENHobby, not Sparks. I was there a few days back, but didn't ask what they carry. Did speak with a guy who runs Durango...

As for the build, not scared of a build. I fly RC Helis exclusively and have built and rebuilt many. However, I know that building my own will be much pricier than $175 that Tower has this kit at.

I will need different tires, correct? Its a dirt track, maybe clay? Looked sticky. They were using a gas powered tamper as they had just rebuilt. I also don't know if I'll want to go MM immediately, or if the gear box is fully adjustable MM3/4 RM3/4 like the pro.
If tower didn't sellout, I would've said the kit. It sounds like the existing tires are going to be useless for you. It's probably about $10 worth of MM parts? Maybe $20.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
read thru forum and u will find answer
Never mind, i was hoping for a simply yes or no but guess not.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by touringdriver
Never mind, i was hoping for a simply yes or no but guess not.
Somewhere in between. An oople post mentions next Feb but there's no official announcement. Personally I believe it to be true but I also know that a new version would have cost at least twice as much as what it was going for.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I just bought a 210. I've been looking at it for a while and finally decided to buy one. Unfortunately I bought a used one 2 days before I saw the low price from Tower. Oops! Fortunately I still paid a little less and it is very lightly used. The chassis has maybe one little scratch so it was either driven very little or was mostly on carpet. Unfortunately whoever built it had no idea what they were doing. The front caster blocks had 3 spacers instead of 4 so the front was very loose and sloppy. The right front camber link was on the inner hole in the caster block but on the outer hole in the left one. It had full droop in back and hardly any up front. It also had negative static camber in the rear. The front had tons of bump steer due to the way it was setup as well. I'm just glad I didn't find lead weights everywhere to balance it all out! There are also 2 nearly stripped screws that took some patience to get out and the left front caster block has is stripped on the top hole for the steering block. There is also flashing still on every part. Some people should NOT be allowed to build RC cars! Fortunately I can fix it all but I wish I'd have waited 2 more days and seen the new low prices at Tower. The small monetary savings is more than offset by having to fix a few things. Fortunately they provided all of the extra parts with the car. Oh well. I've got it and now I'm going to play with it.

I am a huge proponent of mid motor but since I am custom building my own mid motor car I thought that I should have a good rear motor reference car to compare it to in order to determine if it works well or not. Time to start playing and tuning. I'm pretty busy so when I get some progress made on tuning I'll share my results.

Cool, I would enjoy reading and seeing what you come up with for set-up specs..
Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by touringdriver
Is Durango coming out with new 2wd and 4wd buggies? tower is sold out but their prices are dirt cheap.
Hey Rick,

From what I've read and seen, there most likely will be a new 2wd in the works, the rumor mill says mid to late first quarter 2014... I'm sure the 1/10 worlds coming up will tell the tale...

As for the 410 getting an update, not sure. I know a lot of people seem to think it needs a longer chassis and new layout to accomodate electronics easier. In my opinion it is one of the best 4wd available as is..

I don't expect to see anything available to the public til early next summer, or they've done an excellent job of concealing there R&D and prototypes

p.s. you gotta love those folks on here that are so helpfull with there "if you want to know start reading" answers... Come on guys
Old 09-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

so got my 210 in the mail. Couldnt beat the price from tower. Getting ready to start the build. Anyone have a decent setup for a low to medium at best traction outdoor setup? Also are most of you guys running shotry's or fullsize lipos?

Last edited by tony montana; 09-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
so got my 210 in the mail. Couldnt beat the price from tower. Getting ready to start the build. Anyone have a decent setup for a low to medium at best traction outdoor setup? Also are most of you guys running shotry's or fullsize lipos?
couldn't wait for the er-12, eh?

slap a shorty in that thing, head on over to petitrc.com and check out all the tips/setups/links.

half the fun of the dingo is learning to do your own setups
Old 09-07-2013, 12:49 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
That is a very low price. Has anyone messed with the tapered pistons on these? I use the dual tapered pistons on a desc and it works great.
I'm at 1.2x 4 hole all around 27.5 ae front 25 ae rear , and only single taper I wanted the down travel quicker and smoother but I wanted the pack for jumps it was super reactive and great to me I'm gonna go indoor with the same setup this year
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know, ball cups have been the bane of my existence since the original RC10 in 1985. You'd think that times would have improved things. I'm converting over to the ball cups from the 22. I did on my other cars and have had no problems on them since. These are pure junk and have got to go.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
You know, ball cups have been the bane of my existence since the original RC10 in 1985. You'd think that times would have improved things. I'm converting over to the ball cups from the 22. I did on my other cars and have had no problems on them since. These are pure junk and have got to go.
They seem to be an issue that could use some addressing for some. I didnt care for them at first either, but I gave them a shot and have had no pop offs. They kind of remind me of a ball diff, build it wrong, and you will be back soon, but do it right, and you will hardly remember the last time you did it. I used a 3mm tap to pre-thread the cups, and keep the ballstud installed at all times. I imagine the new models will have a different design or material.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.