Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
Billy Fischer has an indoor setup and an outdoor setup on the TD website. This is an A-Main at the Nationals caliber driver...
I am just going to say, I can find setups out there but what do they mean if I dont race at that venue. I can find B4 setups for most of my local tracks, and I can picture that track in my head. The car has a lack of setups at this time is all. It will change once people document there setups and changes. Also what those changes did to the car on that type of service.

I can drive a car, no slouch there. More wheeler recently. Just had a rough time at a track I never been to. Next weekend I should be able to give it a fair drive at a track I have been at alot.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Did I miss it? Just checked Td's website and the last 4 four pages. Can you post a link please? Thanks....
Post number 921 on this thread
Old 10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
Can you elaborate? Sorry, I'm not familiar with these setups at all.
If you look at the front-to-back position of the Chub on the front... there are (4) 1mm washers. You will also notice that there are (4) 1mm increments of change you can make in your axle position. You can run your axles all the way trailing, or all the way inline, or inbetween. The spacers you run on the chub have to match what position you have chosen for your axles.

This is required to keep your ackerman settings and wheelbase from changing when you change your axle position.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I am just going to say, I can find setups out there but what do they mean if I dont race at that venue. I can find B4 setups for most of my local tracks, and I can picture that track in my head. The car has a lack of setups at this time is all. It will change once people document there setups and changes. Also what those changes did to the car on that type of service.

I can drive a car, no slouch there. More wheeler recently. Just had a rough time at a track I never been to. Next weekend I should be able to give it a fair drive at a track I have been at alot.
Didn't say you couldn't drive. The comment was to say that his setup will be good. Every car and team has a baseline setup that they start with when they go to a new track... And it's small adjustments from there.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What a great buggy. So I practiced for 3 hours on Thursday, And ran the Fall Classic at LH 3 quals and the main.

Was scared I was going to break a c hub or something. Believe me it should have. Very durable! Only thing I broke was the rear shock tower, my fault. And the hobby shop had two and I bought them!

Randy im basically running your setup. Indoor clay med to high bite. When you block two holes in the pistons what oil would you start with using Losi?

Im going to try this to try to stop the bottoming out. And help with the front arms getting caked with clay.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
Didn't say you couldn't drive. The comment was to say that his setup will be good. Every car and team has a baseline setup that they start with when they go to a new track... And it's small adjustments from there.
No worries there. I used Billy's Competition hobbies setup at a Large, Wet, hard, cold, and bumpy track. Not sure that setup will work for me there . I am keeping that setup for Trackside this coming weekend though, the conditions look similar.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
If you look at the front-to-back position of the Chub on the front... there are (4) 1mm washers. You will also notice that there are (4) 1mm increments of change you can make in your axle position. You can run your axles all the way trailing, or all the way inline, or inbetween. The spacers you run on the chub have to match what position you have chosen for your axles.

This is required to keep your ackerman settings and wheelbase from changing when you change your axle position.
So if I'm using 2 (neutral), that's mess I have to run 2mm spacer in the front and 2mm spacer in the rear correct? I did that before and it binded and another guys said I need to run all 4pm in thee rear.

Which is which?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So if I'm using 2 (neutral), that's mess I have to run 2mm spacer in the front and 2mm spacer in the rear correct? I did that before and it binded and another guys said I need to run all 4pm in thee rear.

Which is which?
All 4 spacers are in the rear, when you are running the axles in the rear. All 4 spacers go in the front, when you are running your axles all the way to the front. If you are running your axles with the 2:2 insert, then you need to have two washers in the rear, and two in the front. This keeps the ackerman and wheelbase unmodified. It's a 1 to 1 ratio.

Somebody correct me if im' wrong.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody drill spur gears yet? Was just looking at it and there is an elevated lip going around the hole. Isnt that needed? If I drill an associated that lip goes away.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody drill spur gears yet? Was just looking at it and there is an elevated lip going around the hole. Isnt that needed? If I drill an associated that lip goes away.
I reamed out 3 spurs for this past weekend, the lip isn't needed. Just make sure you don't ream out too much, you'll get a wobble in the gear, ask me how I know
Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

thanks all for your responses to help me get my car setup. when i first put the car on the track, it was un-drivable. After the diffs wore in and a few setup changes, the car is dialed pretty nicely. The only thing i can use is a little more steering. I am using Randy's setup.

Also, i think this car needs another turn or two on the motor. I am running a 8.5t, but feels like it wants a 6.5t.

Questions back on setup.

1) The front axle trailing, trailing forward or backwards, what does that do?

2) the caster degree. 25deg is default, right? If your adjustments are only +10, +5, -5, and -10, how do you get exactly 25deg? there is no 0.

3) another caster question. Say if i do a +10 in the front. supposedly, it's 25+10=35. but if u look at the adapter in the front, the +10 hole is towards the ground. Isn't that subtracting the caster? With the +10, seems like it's less angled.

Hopefully someone have answers for me. and please, the more details on your answer the better!

thx

Last edited by teeforb; 10-23-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

What's everyone running with a 13.5? Trying to get an idea. Thanks...
Old 10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thanks all for your responses to help me get my car setup. when i first put the car on the track, it was un-drivable. After the diffs wore in and a few setup changes, the car is dialed pretty nicely. The only thing i can use is a little more steering. I am using Randy's setup.

Also, i think this car needs another turn or two on the motor. I am running a 8.5t, but feels like it wants a 6.5t.

Questions back on setup.

1) The front axle trailing, trailing forward or backwards, what does that do?

2) the caster degree. 25deg is default, right? If your adjustments are only +10, +5, -5, and -10, how do you get exactly 25deg? there is no 0.

3) another caster question. Say if i do a +10 in the front. supposedly, it's 25+10=35. but if u look at the adapter in the front, the +10 hole is towards the ground. Isn't that subtracting the caster? With the +10, seems like it's less angled.

Hopefully someone have answers for me.

thx
1) the more inline the axle, the more turn-in or initial steering you get. the more trailing the more mid corner and exit steering you get, it's also a bit more stable in the steering dept.
2) the kickup is 25 deg and with the included inserts you can't get 25 deg castor
3)Just look at the inserts, it's not hard to see if you're adding or subtracting castor.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

No worries there. I used Billy's Competition hobbies setup at a Large, Wet, hard, cold, and bumpy track. Not sure that setup will work for me there . I am keeping that setup for Trackside this coming weekend though, the conditions look similar.
Ahh, Comp is an indoor freeway! If it wasn't for the jumps (lots of them), we could run sedans on that track.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
All 4 spacers are in the rear, when you are running the axles in the rear. All 4 spacers go in the front, when you are running your axles all the way to the front. If you are running your axles with the 2:2 insert, then you need to have two washers in the rear, and two in the front. This keeps the ackerman and wheelbase unmodified. It's a 1 to 1 ratio.

Somebody correct me if im' wrong.
Moving the axle in the front knuckle does not change the ackermann as the actual knuckle does not move fore or aft, just the wheel/axle...moving the c-hub fore and aft will change the ackermann, more ackermann when all the way forward, less all the way back. Moving the axle within the knuckle changes the amount of trail...my 2c

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.