Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sc10pc
Hey guys its been awhile since ive posted around on rctech and since the last time i posted i bought myself a dex210 and a gear diff and love it! I love the car and i am getting alot of positive feedback on it at the track! But i am really frustrated with the rear hex pins falling out every time i take the wheel off! Is there any othe hexes fom any other kits that will fi on the buggy without changing width? Also the reason im asking aboit other kits is that the treserey ones and the exotek ones are out of stock for like another month! Thanks guys.
Threadlock or shoegoo will hold the pin in. Exotek seems to have the hexes in stock on their site? http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-d...locking-hex-2/
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey guys, im just wondering, are you guys using different slipper pads than durango kinds?? I have a 9.5 orion vst pro in mine and I feel like the slipper slips way too much, im having trouble picking up speed for the triple and even trying to tighten it even more, still sounds the same, changed the pads with new ones and still seems the same??

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys, just trying to give the durango brand a chance!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Any chance your ball diff is set too loose?

Lock the slipper all the way down, hold the buggy down on a table and give it throttle and see what's doing the slipping....
Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rsxskyd
Hey guys, im just wondering, are you guys using different slipper pads than durango kinds?? I have a 9.5 orion vst pro in mine and I feel like the slipper slips way too much, im having trouble picking up speed for the triple and even trying to tighten it even more, still sounds the same, changed the pads with new ones and still seems the same??

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys, just trying to give the durango brand a chance!!
If you are having issues where you can't get your slipper tight enough, the spacer in your slipper assembly may have worn down, TD has released an updated part #TD310243 that fixes that issue. Associated slipper pads also fit if your looking for something different.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
well i had my first run with the dex210 at a 2day event at bordertown, Australia. I was a bit disapointed with the 210 as i just couldnt nail a setup! My 410 was awesome got 3rd overall with that one.
I just couldnt get the rear end grip i needed and it wouldn't turn that well as there was lots of left and right turns. I tried changing lots of thing to try and get grip and below is the best setup that worked for me but i am still not happy need more rear grip as the car would just keep looping out on me if i was to heavy on the throttle! which wasnt much at all!

The track:-
medium to long size dirt track which generally was dusty! lots of jumps and turns.

My setup:-
RM3
9.5t no turbo or boost
std size lipo all the way back because there was even less grip forward!
stock springs with the 6 hole pistons with 450front and 400 rear oils. I will be changing to 4 hole pistons.
gear diff (not sure what oil as i didnt build the car)
Tires where the same as all the fast guys that seem to have plenty of grip.
23/87 gearing

The 1 thing that i did in the 6th qualifier was to shorten the front links after some advice from another driver and i must say that made the biggest difference It would finally turn in the tight stuff and it seem to give more rear grip! but it was to late by then!

What should i try to do next as i am a bit lost at what to do next?
what oil should i use in a gear diff for a dusty low traction dirt track?

also need a link to where i can get the alloy rear camber brace as i broke the std plastic tag on the tranny case!

Here is a link of a video i made of the racing my 2wd isnt in it but my 4wd is orange black and silver one that is having a 3 way battle with another 410 and a kyosho!

http://youtu.be/eJ-8wCCYDTo

Thanks for any advice you can give me to try and get a better setup for my car!

peter
You are the second person recently who said they are having problems with rear traction. It appears the common denominator was you both were running gear diffs.

I run the ball diff. Might be worth a try, especially since you are driving in dusty conditions. Also the stock spring and piston set up is not ideal for outdoor dirt. From what I have been told the out of the box set up is more geared for mid motor conditions. IE, carpet, astroturf, high grip, etc.

Since you don't know what oil is in the gear diff, I would suggest changing it to something that's been recommended.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

MattP and EKT, thank you, I will try both out, I will take my diff apart and double check everything, mean time I will double check my local shop and see if they have that part, if not, I may have to order it!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

well i had my first run with the dex210 at a 2day event at bordertown, Australia. I was a bit disapointed with the 210 as i just couldnt nail a setup! My 410 was awesome got 3rd overall with that one.
I just couldnt get the rear end grip i needed and it wouldn't turn that well as there was lots of left and right turns. I tried changing lots of thing to try and get grip and below is the best setup that worked for me but i am still not happy need more rear grip as the car would just keep looping out on me if i was to heavy on the throttle! which wasnt much at all!

The track:-
medium to long size dirt track which generally was dusty! lots of jumps and turns.

My setup:-
RM3
9.5t no turbo or boost
std size lipo all the way back because there was even less grip forward!
stock springs with the 6 hole pistons with 450front and 400 rear oils. I will be changing to 4 hole pistons.
gear diff (not sure what oil as i didnt build the car)
Tires where the same as all the fast guys that seem to have plenty of grip.
23/87 gearing

The 1 thing that i did in the 6th qualifier was to shorten the front links after some advice from another driver and i must say that made the biggest difference It would finally turn in the tight stuff and it seem to give more rear grip! but it was to late by then!

What should i try to do next as i am a bit lost at what to do next?
what oil should i use in a gear diff for a dusty low traction dirt track?

also need a link to where i can get the alloy rear camber brace as i broke the std plastic tag on the tranny case!

Here is a link of a video i made of the racing my 2wd isnt in it but my 4wd is orange black and silver one that is having a 3 way battle with another 410 and a kyosho!

http://youtu.be/eJ-8wCCYDTo

Thanks for any advice you can give me to try and get a better setup for my car!

peter
Hi Peter,I race in Sydney,grippy tracks mostly,but just recently I run into the slipperiest track i have ever driven on( Not normal for this track,just was the conditions on the day).I run a 7.5 in RM4(Try RM4 too,seems to grip well) and the track was so slippery I was to scared to pull the throttle in slow speed sections,instant sideways,instant donut.

Following advice from 2 friends who run Dex's,I moved the rear hubs all the way forward,Lots more forward bite!!Also,I tightened the balldiff a little,loosened the slipper a little,car was a LOT more drivable,I actually out qualified a mate who normally TQ's.

I also run my battery middle of the tray,with ESC and REC in the tray,Brass ballstud wieghts/mount on the front.Shorty pack.

Hope this helps a little,Zipperfoot may help more
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks guys i think i might make up a second tranny with a ball diff to use on dirt tracks in rear mount mode and keep the gear diff for mid mount mode on carpet track!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Any one have a link to where i can get an alloy rear camber link setup? I cant seem to find any in stock anywhere!

peter
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Any one have a link to where i can get an alloy rear camber link setup? I cant seem to find any in stock anywhere!

peter
The only one I know of http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/store/ve...ber-link-mount
Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
Hi Peter,I race in Sydney,grippy tracks mostly,but just recently I run into the slipperiest track i have ever driven on( Not normal for this track,just was the conditions on the day).I run a 7.5 in RM4(Try RM4 too,seems to grip well) and the track was so slippery I was to scared to pull the throttle in slow speed sections,instant sideways,instant donut.

Following advice from 2 friends who run Dex's,I moved the rear hubs all the way forward,Lots more forward bite!!Also,I tightened the balldiff a little,loosened the slipper a little,car was a LOT more drivable,I actually out qualified a mate who normally TQ's.

I also run my battery middle of the tray,with ESC and REC in the tray,Brass ballstud wieghts/mount on the front.Shorty pack.

Hope this helps a little,Zipperfoot may help more
Don't look to me for answers. I only offer suggestions. There is no way I could assume I know the conditions of a track on the other side of the world. If I can help someone figure out a problem, then I learn from the experience as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://m1278.photobucket.com/albumvi...1.jpg.html?o=2 1.75mm - 2mm shim under the camber link to clear the plastic around the diff outdrive bearing, with 2mm under camber link and 2mm under ball stud dremel the diff camber tabs off and its as close as i could get it to what i had it set as before ,, just learned how to upload pics so once my scales come in ill be weighing titanium and cf vs stock parts as i do maintenance and keep a list so once im done ill post all that i can im hoping with plastic chassis and braces im making i can get down to 1600g
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rsxskyd

If you run on a high bight track and have previously ran the slipper tight and now its slipping more than usual Look at the link below this is most likely your issue. All you need is one of the washers that you use by the idler gears, usually if your not running 4 gear you should have some left over from the build.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What would give more rear grip, add a degree of toe or change from rm3 to rm4?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Don't look to me for answers. I only offer suggestions. There is no way I could assume I know the conditions of a track on the other side of the world. If I can help someone figure out a problem, then I learn from the experience as well.
I wasn't implying anything,didn't realise the smiley head made it read like that till this morning.All good on my end.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.