Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I got the rear aluminum shock tower after breaking 4 stock ones. Sadly just from light crashes on a carpet track. The front should be good unless you get in a weird accident. Anything can break then. The only other part I broke was a rear hub from a buggy hitting me from the side.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Wow that's weird, i have just broken a front shock tower. But have never broken a rear one. All though i have broken a handful of c hubs.. Has anyone every noticed on how many air pockets and glass their plastic has??Definitely more then other manufactures
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by nmdesertracer
on the rear shock tower space it out about 1mm. Usually the tower breaks from hitting the motor plates upper gear cover mount. Amain hobbies has a aluminum rear shock tower.
I agree with this!! I found the tip before I built my car so I did it. Well I cashed a few times and never broke one!! I also broke a rear hub but NEVER popped a ball cup even the one on the hub that broke was still on there. One of the Team Drivers broke a front tower but it was a weird crash.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
Yes a fellow racer at the track pointed that out so we did that. The next two towers broke on the other side. LOL.

Thanks I will check them out.

Should I replace the front tower also? Not concerned about not matching, just wondering if we were just lucky we didn't break a front tower?

Sean
If you replace just one tower with the Revolution Aluminum ones on Amainhobbies, you will be adding 8 grams. I weighed them before making the switch. I have the front and rear on my buggy so the car is still balanced front to rear. If you add just one you may need to add weight to the other end.

But as a consolation, they are very durable, I have no issues with them, or from other weaker parts breaking because of them.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 01-28-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

I was asked while at the Reedy Race to post my set-ups from the event so just sharing that I have done so!
http://lutzinator.com/?page_id=78
:-D
Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

I was asked while at the Reedy Race to post my set-ups from the event so just sharing that I have done so!
http://lutzinator.com/?page_id=78
:-D
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Does this buggy need anything out of the box to be fast and reliable?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks Ryan for your setup info. Buggy looked good at the event. The talent at the RRoC is crazy!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
Yes a fellow racer at the track pointed that out so we did that. The next two towers broke on the other side. LOL.

Thanks I will check them out.

Should I replace the front tower also? Not concerned about not matching, just wondering if we were just lucky we didn't break a front tower?

Sean
Hi Sean, that was me at the track on Saturday trying to help your son out. It's unfortunate he broke three rear towers on his first day out; I know how discouraging that can be I showed him my RDRP - Revolution Design Racing Products aluminum towers (not Robinson Racing as someone else suggested below your post) and told him it was a great upgrade. I replaced both front and rear, even though I only broke rears. I have bent two front towers, and at $32.99 each I think I will go back to stock plastic and hope the weight distribution isn't too bad.

BTW, your son was doing great for his first time out with the buggy! And his marshalling skills were top-notch That is always much appreciated.

See you out there!

Neil
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MacLean
Hi Sean, that was me at the track on Saturday trying to help your son out. It's unfortunate he broke three rear towers on his first day out; I know how discouraging that can be I showed him my RDRP - Revolution Design Racing Products aluminum towers (not Robinson Racing as someone else suggested below your post) and told him it was a great upgrade. I replaced both front and rear, even though I only broke rears. I have bent two front towers, and at $32.99 each I think I will go back to stock plastic and hope the weight distribution isn't too bad.

BTW, your son was doing great for his first time out with the buggy! And his marshalling skills were top-notch That is always much appreciated.

See you out there!

Neil
Thanks again Neil. I still don't know who you are! I will get Roméo to point you out so I can buy you a cold beverage or something next time.

I will check RDRP out for sure.

Roméo had a great time. He wants to upgrade from a 13.5 to a 10.5 because he couldn't clear the triple like the other buggies. I told him to practice more with the slower motor first.

Yeah marshalling is really important so I taught him well. I know I was out there alone with a dozen vehicles at one point and I was sweating! I was a bit disappointed that there were some guys running that I never saw on the track to help out though.

We had tons of fun and winning the last man standing race was cool. I won a set of Shumacher mini pins for my son's 210. I also bought a CRC Carpet Knife 1/12th and Lisa gave me two day passes so I will be out there again soon.

See you there.

Sean
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

So I ordered one of the ProGrade chassis on Thur. it arrived on Sat. Its Dialed. Makes the car more stable. Still has steering. Love it.
Durango DEX210 Thread-prograde_bottom.jpg
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if you guys are having durability issues use petitrc you can look at what the team drivers have in pictures most have cf front and rear towers and the weight added through those parts along with added weight is their for a reason their obviously good experienced drivers so i wold follow their setups ,, thanks to johhny5 and cush's setup with a little tuning i feel this buggy drives better than any other setup especially coming from stock setup on a 2009 dex210 im still trying to fix my on power push and to much grip off power and get a little more front roll through turns and im using a ae gear diff with 2k it feels light
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Rookie

is anyone using any different rear end parts from other mfg? such as assoc? If jorn was using Associated rear hubs was he also using the a-arms or anything else?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russ_p
So I ordered one of the ProGrade chassis on Thur. it arrived on Sat. Its Dialed. Makes the car more stable. Still has steering. Love it.
Attachment 1024006
sexy! are you doing mid or rear set up? pics pics more pics
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm running the Exotek front and rear towers and I am using the extra inside hole on the rear tower. It made the car more stable and actually jump better too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.