Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Thanks to all that helped me with my previous issues that I had with this car, it turned out to be in fact the motor that I purchased used from another member here that was in poor condition. I'm guessing the magnets had lost strength and would slip under load leading me to believe that I had slipper/diff issues when in fact it was the motor .

Sorry to hear that.....my man..

There are some things u should never buy used...electronics is one of them....
Old 12-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys! Gonna run it today on an indoor high bite track. Using stock pistons and 60wt oil!!! Definitely will have to increase spring rates to match the oil because they are lethargic on the rebound. Hopefully the hobby shop sells springs.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Thanks to all that helped me with my previous issues that I had with this car, it turned out to be in fact the motor that I purchased used from another member here that was in poor condition. I'm guessing the magnets had lost strength and would slip under load leading me to believe that I had slipper/diff issues when in fact it was the motor .
At least you figured it out.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pete48
Thanks for the help guys! Gonna run it today on an indoor high bite track. Using stock pistons and 60wt oil!!! Definitely will have to increase spring rates to match the oil because they are lethargic on the rebound. Hopefully the hobby shop sells springs.
For what it's worth, I don't know if you are going about this the right way. 60wt oil is thick, so compression and rebound are going to be lethargic with the 6 hole pistons any way you look at it. Putting on stiffer springs to speed up the rebound will only give you a stiff buggy with slow and lethargic dampening.

In my opinion you need to change pistons and oil to get more or less dampening, and choose the proper springs for your track. I am sure there is a set up sheet on petitrc.com for your track or a track similar to yours.

If you do run it as is, let me know how it turns out. Sometimes the ACCEPTED way of doing things is not the ONLY way of doing things.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=zipperfoot;11603916]Putting on stiffer springs to speed up the rebound will only give you a stiff buggy with slow and lethargic dampening.
QUOTE]

I think you nailed it. This is exactly what I'm going for..... It's a different style of buggy racing altogether. Probably sounds dumb for those that run on dirt. Tight suspension, low ground clearance, and foam tires are where it's at in my book. It's been awhile for me, but it wasn't out of the norm for people to be running as much as 80wt oil in their buggies!! Believe it or not! Setups were always very very tight. It's essentially like F1 pancar racing with jumps (jumps always need easy landing ramps though because of the low clearance otherwise you'll destroy the car).

Anyways, the rule of thumb that I remembered was to stiffen the springs along with heavier oils so the shock wasn't overdamped (vice versa if you have light oil, you want a lower spring rate).
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here are a couple examples....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeaRvyReqgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anY6IFl-MKc
Old 12-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

I'd like to share a recent experience with Tresrey.

I placed a (SMALL) order with Tresrey USA the other day, and commented on the order that the shipping they were charging for some washers and two small parts seemed ridiculous. I was hoping for a break on shipping, but instead I had my purchase canceled and my money refunded. They stated in my Paypal refund (paraphrasing) they did not need me as a customer and would no longer conduct business with me...

I will be taking off all my Tresrey bling and anything else on the car that is red, and selling it in the for sale forum as soon as I have a chance. Trust me when I say it's going to be cheap.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 12-28-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
I'd like to share a recent experience with Tresrey.

I placed a (SMALL) order with Tresrey USA the other day, and commented on the order that the shipping they were charging for some washers and two small parts seemed ridiculous. I was hoping for a break on shipping, but instead I had my purchase canceled and my money refunded. They stated in my Paypal refund (paraphrasing) they did not need me as a customer and would no longer conduct business with me...

I will be taking off all my Tresrey bling and anything else on the car that is red, and selling it in the for sale forum as soon as I have a chance. Trust me when I say it's going to be cheap.
Sorry to hear you had a unfavorable experience. I have placed several orders with them in the past, and have had nothing but outstanding service. The parts are shipped promptly and tracking has always been provided, and shipping is no different than other internet shops I have ordered from.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Sorry to hear you had a unfavorable experience. I have placed several orders with them in the past, and have had nothing but outstanding service. The parts are shipped promptly and tracking has always been provided, and shipping is no different than other internet shops I have ordered from.
Me too! I have had no problems with them in the past either, love their parts, and have placed several orders, but for some reason because I thought the shipping was too high on this order I was black listed. I can't support a company that will not do business with me because I questioned their shipping cost. Seems a little petty to me.

It would be the same thing as dining at a restaurant and telling the manager afterwards you were not happy with the service. Are they going to kick you out of the restaurant and tell you never to come back? I guess they could, but if they are that sensitive to criticism they will eventually run out of customers with that attitude.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM
KH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
I agree. On a non personal contact type basis everything is all good. I had to actually talk to them one time and could not believe how I was talked to and treated. And I wasn't complaining about anything.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anyone have a spare gear set (TDR210034) they would mind selling? Looking to replace out my ball diff. Thanks..
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default EXOTEK!!!!!

Originally Posted by KH
I agree. On a non personal contact type basis everything is all good. I had to actually talk to them one time and could not believe how I was talked to and treated. And I wasn't complaining about anything.
EXOTEK
very reasonable pricing,very fast shipping,fit and finish much better than tresery
not sure but maybe made in the USA?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majorsmx521
EXOTEK
very reasonable pricing,very fast shipping,fit and finish much better than tresery
+1000
Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by majorsmx521
EXOTEK
Thats where I'm going. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i have a fresh diff screw and spring with carbide balls and stock thrust if i tightened to much it would feel like half a turn got tight the other half was loose so it binds as it goes around and it was still slipping to where it was so tight i didnt feel comfortable it was difficult to turn the out drives against each other and not soothe at all ,, my diff rings had some deep rings in them so i replaced them but im out of circlips so im not gonna try it again for a while ,, i suspected the out drives gave it the feeling of one side being tighter than the other can anyone give me a positive on that? to rebuild my ball diff is cheaper to just buy a gear diff and i already have the ae gear diff 2000cts havent track tested but it feels good sofar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.