Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

DOLFNS1, I have used them all as far as speedos go. The Speed Passion Reventon Pro is by far the smoothest, I have used to date. It will only get better in due time. Also the nicest part is you don't need a extra programming device, it comes in the box. It's a software update box, and a programmer. Also I run a 7.5 in mine. It rocks.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for info I'm a rookie at 2wd buggy that's y 10.5 and guys at local track say 10.5 probably best option. Can't wait to get it on the track. Thanks again for help
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dolfns1
Thinking of putting a tekin rs & 10.5 gen 2 motor into my 210 . Thoughts what r most people running??

Speed passion?
Hobby wing?

Cost not an issue as much as Quailty product. Thanks
You will not be disappointed! I have Tekin RS Pro's and GenII 8.5T's in my 210 and 410 and love them. Swapped them out from my 8.5T Redline S GenI's and they run cooler and considerably quieter as well. Tekin = quality, IMO.

Neil
Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default tekin cust serv!!!

Originally Posted by MacLean
You will not be disappointed! I have Tekin RS Pro's and GenII 8.5T's in my 210 and 410 and love them. Swapped them out from my 8.5T Redline S GenI's and they run cooler and considerably quieter as well. Tekin = quality, IMO.

Neil
Tekin has great cust serv!!! always on point and ready to help
couldnt think of a better group?
i have raced with the owner and family great rc people!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Originally Posted by zipperfoot
I use 22 bottom eyelets and lower cups. Quality stuff.
Is thre a reason why some people are running Losi/AE eyelets and cups? Was it because of TD parts availability?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chief
Is thre a reason why some people are running Losi/AE eyelets and cups? Was it because of TD parts availability?

Thanks
Ya that would be why.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks
I had some issues with the Durango cups coming off the eyelets or not sitting properly and I dont know why. I wasnt crashing.

I noticed the Durango parts did not sit down as far on the eyelets as the 22 parts did, so I switched.

And ya, the Durango parts were not in stock at the time.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks
there is plenty of parts these days

people are still having trouble with popping ball cups thats why some are going to other brands its not because of no stock

its hit and miss really though i have stock cups on my 210 but RPM cups on AE balls on the 410 as i kept popping them but hardly pop any on the 2wd
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

here is a brain teasor for you guys and i hope ill be able to get a good answer to fix my problem.
so on my 210 i switched to using 22 turnbuckles,ball studs and cups..
since i have done this my buggy has got alot of toe out at full droop..but when the shocks are compressed i have toe in...to where before when i had the stock stuff on it didnt do this.
is it doing it maybe cuz the 22 studs are a little taller?
want to change out to maybe stock again or maybe even an ae set-up..cuz not only does it drive weird...its not easy setting toe/camber on it.
lmk what ya guys think....thx
Old 11-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Capt.America Steering Mod

That's called bump steer. And yes you are correct it is because the losi studs are taller. The amount of spacers needed to reduce the bumpsteer is different now for you then it was with the stock ball studs. You can try adding spacers to the other ball stud on the hub, or imo do the Capt.America steering mod to remove all bumpsteer from the car.

The original mod from Capt.America was 2mm underneath steering rack pivot arms, 1mm under inner ballstud, 2mm on other ballstud and mount the ackerman plate below instead of uptop. Me personally I went only 1mm under the pivot arms, and 2mm on inner and outer ballstuds. I had no clearance issues on using the regular m3 thin nuts.

If you go this route with the losi ball studs you will only need 1mm on the outer and inner ball studs I think, since there 1mm taller already.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-steering-rack-1.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-steering-rack-2.jpg  

Last edited by Azagar; 12-01-2012 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Added photos.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Azagar
That's called bump steer. And yes you are correct it is because the losi studs are taller. The amount of spacers needed to reduce the bumpsteer is different now for you then it was with the stock ball studs. You can try adding spacers to the other ball stud on the hub, or imo do the Capt.America steering mod to remove all bumpsteer from the car.

The original mod from Capt.America was 2mm underneath steering rack pivot arms, 1mm under inner ballstud, 2mm on other ballstud and mount the ackerman plate below instead of uptop. Me personally I went only 1mm under the pivot arms, and 2mm on inner and outer ballstuds. I had no clearance issues on using the regular m3 thin nuts.

If you go this route with the losi ball studs you will only need 1mm on the outer and inner ball studs I think, since there 1mm taller already.
yea ill have to look into that.i knew i def. had bumps steer issues..and thats prolly why my car feels to difficult to drive.
thx for the info...ill have to see what i can come up with.

what about the guys using the ae ball studs?is there going to be issues using those as well?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Gentlemen, (and ladies?)

can someone tell me what is the distance between the two center holes of the steering rack?
in mm please )
between those that are mounted to the steering stands by the bell crank and NOT to the ball studs
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The amount of advertisement on this site has just gotten outrageous. Is it just me? I understand they need to make a few bucks....but dang! This is worst than any other site I currently frequent (RC or otherwise). I'm seriously considering moving on to some other RC related site.

Last edited by qwkpony; 11-29-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dolfns1
Thinking of putting a tekin rs & 10.5 gen 2 motor into my 210 . Thoughts what r most people running??

Speed passion?
Hobby wing?

Cost not an issue as much as Quailty product. Thanks
i have a 10.5t novak edge 2s esc combo no timing or boost on esc just mechanical timing on the motor factory is 30* ,,, i got novak because their motor parts availability after the 120 day warranty you can buy everything to build their motors ,,10.5 is way more tame and controllable for me than a 8.5t reedy that fried in two track days, but i did notice other mods pull me on the straight not by much and my temps are closer to 120* after a 15 min run geared 81/27 so i can gear up and i have my timing at 20* just wish i would have bought an esc with boost
Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qwkpony
The amount of advertisement on this site has just gotten outrageous. Is it just me? I understand they need to make a few bucks....but dang! This is worst than any other site I currently frequent (RC or otherwise). I'm seriously considering moving on to some other RC related site.
******* Plus is what you want. Install it in your browser. And they go away. (I use it in Chrome on a mac, and see one banner at the top. thats it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.