Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Look what came in from Australia today!!
Pre-orders will start shipping tomorrow.
Ordered, dang should have pre-order!! Is there plenty left?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mike Dumas
Hello to All,

My name is Mike Dumas and I am here to represent TeamSR. We do not sell directly to the public. We are encouraging the consumer, you to persuade your local hobby shop to carry our products.

You can now find most of our items from the "Find A Dealer" on the main page of www.teamsr.co

Durango DEX210 Rear Inner Suspension Mounts
DEX210 Carbon Fiber Front & Rear Shock Towers
DEX210 Carbon Fiber Ackerman Rack with optional 4th hole

The hobbyshops below now have in stock the Durango DEX210 Items:

www.gshobby.com
www.absolutehobbyz.com

You may also like to check out our popular Laser Cut Aluminum Off-Road Car Stand from TeamSR.
As it happens I bought 2 of the rear inner suspension mounts T3 / K3 for my 2 cars. Great pieces, with one exception, neither part had the inner set of holes for the tranny screws. I mark the hole locations and drilled them out on the drill press. They eliminated all the play from the car I have running for 6 months.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Ordered, dang should have pre-order!! Is there plenty left?
got plenty!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Looking to pick one of these up, what hop ups would be good to start off with?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
IMO the only absolutely necessary upgrade is an aluminum hinge pin holder for the rear arms. A few other nice upgrades are carbon steering rack and carbon front/rear towers. These few upgrades will make the car nearly bulletproof, and all can be purchased from TresreyUSA (and a few other places, but I prefer the red sexiness...) Some will say that you need to replace the ballcups- we have two 210s and still use stock ballcups. We've popped a few, but nothing out of the ordinary. The arms, hubs, uprights, and steering knuckles are some of the toughest in the 2wd buggy class. Two thumbs up from me
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
IMO the only absolutely necessary upgrade is an aluminum hinge pin holder for the rear arms. A few other nice upgrades are carbon steering rack and carbon front/rear towers. These few upgrades will make the car nearly bulletproof, and all can be purchased from TresreyUSA (and a few other places, but I prefer the red sexiness...) Some will say that you need to replace the ballcups- we have two 210s and still use stock ballcups. We've popped a few, but nothing out of the ordinary. The arms, hubs, uprights, and steering knuckles are some of the toughest in the 2wd buggy class. Two thumbs up from me
I agree. But I won't make a reference to the color. I may get yelled at .... The parts on the 210 are some of the strongest in the business. I use the Lunsford kit on both rigs. No prob with em. Get the camber plate, steering plate(do the bump steer mod), RW spurs, and as much Colored alloy you can get.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
Just had my first few outings with the Buggy. Overall I'm loving it. But I broke the plastic Rear (RF) inner hinge holder and front tower.
Running a reamed out AE 81T Spur.
Built the stock ballcups per the build-guide on the TD website and not a single issue with them.

Just ordered the Alum TeamSR Hinge Pin holder and Front Tower.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey everyone, new to the DEX210 club and 10th scale buggy in fact. Purchased a friends roller with a ton of extra parts and then after putting a Tekin Rs + Fantom 7.5 I was just amazed at how great the buggy was I bought a second kit for even more parts/second car. Only thing I have broken so far was a rear shock tower, will definitely be investing in a CF one soon.

Absolutely loving the buggy, do have a question though hoping someone here could shed some light on. The rear wheels, is Drango phasing out the oversized hex style wheels in favor of pin only wheels? I noticed the extra set of wheels I have plus the ones carried at my LHS, practically the only TD items they carry, do not use the hexs like the ones included in the kit. Been running the wheels with just pin by using a pair of kyosho crush tubes as the spacers. Zero problems thus far. Would be nice to find an m5 spacer anodized in orange to match the accents of the car though.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Get the camber plate, steering plate(do the bump steer mod)
What exactly is the bump steer mod?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
What exactly is the bump steer mod?
Some people have taken to moving the ackermann rack underneath the bellcranks in order to eliminate bump steer.

IMO, I don't think it's necessary at all. I have 4mm on the steering blocks and have 0 bump steer.

One thing to keep in mind however, bump steer changes with your ackermann settings, and also which position you have your front axles (trailing or inline).

It's all going to be relative to how you setup your car. I don't need the "mod". Some people do because they can't get all of the bump steer out with normal methods.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Thanks for the responses, just need to sell my tlr 22 now. Also can the shorty lipos be used in the 210 or is it better to use full size packs?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azagar
Hey everyone, new to the DEX210 club and 10th scale buggy in fact. Purchased a friends roller with a ton of extra parts and then after putting a Tekin Rs + Fantom 7.5 I was just amazed at how great the buggy was I bought a second kit for even more parts/second car. Only thing I have broken so far was a rear shock tower, will definitely be investing in a CF one soon.

Absolutely loving the buggy, do have a question though hoping someone here could shed some light on. The rear wheels, is Drango phasing out the oversized hex style wheels in favor of pin only wheels? I noticed the extra set of wheels I have plus the ones carried at my LHS, practically the only TD items they carry, do not use the hexs like the ones included in the kit. Been running the wheels with just pin by using a pair of kyosho crush tubes as the spacers. Zero problems thus far. Would be nice to find an m5 spacer anodized in orange to match the accents of the car though.
They are actually phasing out the older pin style wheels, but with the popularity of the 210 and 410 V3 the 14mm rear wheels are selling out quick at most places. If you're in a jam, DE makes wheels for the 210 that work well.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ah thanks a lot so its reverse of what I was thinking.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well...the bumpsteer only needs changing when you alter the caster angle, mostly because the bellcranks are on the same plane/angle as the front kickup angle which everything else runs parallel to.

I must say I've gone from being a RM4 fan to MM4, this is on rough medium grip track and on a smoother medium grip track...best midmount buggy I've driven so far well best 2wd in general!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

TeamSR product update...

The durango dex210 aluminum rear mounts have had a running change from the last production run to add the two center holes in the blocks for the transmission case. These new updated blocks have already been sent out to many shops.

Another note: The optional carbon fiber Ackerman rack from TeamSR has four holes instead of three like the stock rack. With this optional rack you can move the ball stud further forward, or backwards giving you more tunability to acheive your desired handling.

Thanks for supporting TeamSR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.