Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

honestly I Bruce Lee it. By that I mean, I don't care where it comes from, if it benefits me in a race, i'll use it, aftermarket or not.

heck, Durango should just take Exoteks designs and go from there.

Something else to keep in mind, the team drivers for Durango modify the car to run the lipo as exotek shows and even run the exotek chassis
Old 12-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Alan,
I hear your point but I think Exotek met a neet for an update. A lot of us thought the V3 Would of had some updated battery configurations and it didn't. With JP, ex Durango driver doing so well with the sideways shorty, many went with the configuration. Exotek met that need and then some. It's slight shorter than the V2/3. The Dex always needed just a little more weight rearward bias. And with most running on indoor high bite, the chassis fit the bill. Also being able to run Losi or B5m bodies in it, took care of the Dex body being out of stock. Personally I would love to see new sidepods they allow the 210f body to fit as well. Then you could run either buggy body in each. But I believe it's out of stock as well.

With a shorty in the "inline" position and all the way back it will run really well as well. Travis Amezcua did really well with it like that.

Good luck.

Last edited by WallyRC; 12-03-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Ah ha! I may have found a solution in Cain's post! It was staring right at me and I didn't even see it. I have been able to find DEX210V2 bodies. They are a little classic looking, as they still look like an off road buggy, but..... Cain said "The DEX210V3 is basically a V2 with some parts thrown in the box. " You are 100% right! I even messed up when I first built it and just followed the directions, missing the V3 parts altogether. If that is the case, then the V2 body should fit without issue. Problem solved. Race bodies last forever for me so all I needed was one. This will for sure hold me over until Durango gets around to releasing more V3 bodies.

Also guys, please don't interpret my posts as Durango bashing. When something comes up, I post it to see if others have come across it before and what they did about it. You guys have proved to be a valuable resource regarding these cars and to be honest, it's been kind of fun bouncing this off other people. It's kind of fun having to figure out solutions to problems like this. New experience for me for sure.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Ah ha! I may have found a solution in Cain's post! It was staring right at me and I didn't even see it. I have been able to find DEX210V2 bodies. They are a little classic looking, as they still look like an off road buggy, but..... Cain said "The DEX210V3 is basically a V2 with some parts thrown in the box. " You are 100% right! I even messed up when I first built it and just followed the directions, missing the V3 parts altogether. If that is the case, then the V2 body should fit without issue. Problem solved. Race bodies last forever for me so all I needed was one. This will for sure hold me over until Durango gets around to releasing more V3 bodies.

Also guys, please don't interpret my posts as Durango bashing. When something comes up, I post it to see if others have come across it before and what they did about it. You guys have proved to be a valuable resource regarding these cars and to be honest, it's been kind of fun bouncing this off other people. It's kind of fun having to figure out solutions to problems like this. New experience for me for sure.
where you finding v2 bodies? They've been backordered forever.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, I am running the DEX210 with the Exotic chassis and for what it's worth, it's really good. Now with that said, I notice where the water fall brace is at, there are more holes in the chassis like there may be someone out there planning to make a laid down tranny. I am not say that whats going to happen, just observing the extra holes in the chassis. I know a guy that's running the puck system from the PRS1 kit, but if they do make a laid down for this chassis, it really would make a difference .
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nolimit1
Hi guys, I am running the DEX210 with the Exotic chassis and for what it's worth, it's really good. Now with that said, I notice where the water fall brace is at, there are more holes in the chassis like there may be someone out there planning to make a laid down tranny. I am not say that whats going to happen, just observing the extra holes in the chassis. I know a guy that's running the puck system from the PRS1 kit, but if they do make a laid down for this chassis, it really would make a difference .
I think they have been there on the standard chassis since the v1 and see used when running rear motor.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

I think its Mike from exotek said he put those holes there for that reason. Too busy to design one right now. All we would need is someone to design a transmission case and a smaller battery brace. The transmission case could be 3D printed I would think. I remember reading the serpent guys did it for there buggy to make it 3 gear. I don't have access to a 3D printer.
C'mon Fred... he is a designer. Would a 3 d printed transmission case be strong enough to hold the shock tower??
Old 12-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Cool, I will keep running it and waiting for someone to make that tranny!! Only running it in stock 2wd with the cut gears. After putting everything together on the new chassis, I had to add weight because the buggy was only 1484g. Which you can feel the differences in the lighter buggy!!
Old 12-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Cool, I will keep running it and waiting for someone to make that tranny!! Only running it in stock 2wd with the cut gears. After putting everything together on the new chassis, I had to add weight because the buggy was only 1484g. Which you can feel the differences in the lighter buggy!!
Glad to hear it's running well.
What surface you on??
Share some of you set-up for others to learn from. Thanks
Old 12-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Home track is Tacoma RC Raceway in WA. Running 4 hole 1.4 all round with 32.5 losi oil front, rear 30w losi oil and the kit set up on the rest. Keeping up with the mod guys!!
Old 12-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Home track is Tacoma RC Raceway in WA. Running 4 hole 1.4 all round with 32.5 losi oil front, rear 30w losi oil and the kit set up on the rest. Keeping up with the mod guys!!
That track looks amazing. Asssume you are running MM3??
What are good tires for that track?
Old 12-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
where you finding v2 bodies? They've been backordered forever.
K&K Hobby in Wells Maine.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

WallyRC, I am trying the new Space Bar's from JC and the Dirt Web and not last Bar Codes still a very good in the morning at the track when a little wet.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
K&K Hobby in Wells Maine.
I'm pretty sure that's not really a v2 body. If I remember right, that one is for the v1 with the +8 chassis. I'm guessing it won't fit over the sidepods on the v2.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
I think its Mike from exotek said he put those holes there for that reason. Too busy to design one right now. All we would need is someone to design a transmission case and a smaller battery brace. The transmission case could be 3D printed I would think. I remember reading the serpent guys did it for there buggy to make it 3 gear. I don't have access to a 3D printer.
C'mon Fred... he is a designer. Would a 3 d printed transmission case be strong enough to hold the shock tower??
I'm not sure that a printed case would be strong enough to support a tower in a crash. I doubt it. That's where it would be nice to have the tower mounted to the bulkhead. It would probably need to be machined from delrin or nylatron.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.