Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 09:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by fredswain
This car really makes me mad. I pulled everything out of it again in order to sell it and now I just ordered the RDRP steering rack. It's almost like I just want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Just ordered one of these steering racks tonight. and a few other parts.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
You will love the steering rack!!!
I turned the lower shock mounts so the shocks were slightly shifted toward the front to give more clearance.

Are you running 25 or 30 degree castor angle??
Old 08-28-2016, 10:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by WallyRC
You will love the steering rack!!!
I turned the lower shock mounts so the shocks were slightly shifted toward the front to give more clearance.

Are you running 25 or 30 degree castor angle??
Nice. Sounds like a nice hop up. I have 30 degree caster. Once I get it setup I will take a look at the front clearence. No problem if I need to move the bottom of the shock forward. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It seems as though this thread is pretty active still.

I was just wondering if anyone could explain the difference between 3-gear with the motor plate on driver's left vs 3-gear with the motor plate to the right?

I understand the difference in motor rotation vs traction but is there anything else to take into consideration on left or right side drive?

Last edited by iDesign5; 08-29-2016 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by iDesign5

I was just wondering if anyone could explain the difference between 3-gear with the motor plate on driver's left vs 3-gear with the motor plate to the right?

I understand the difference in motor rotation vs traction but is there anything else to take into consideration on left or right side drive?
Motor plate on right will work with either sensored motor or sensorless but motor on left the motor will run the wrong direction where the sensorless can do reverse rotation without any changes other than reversing a wire on programming the speedo for reverse rotation. Sensored motors have timing built in so running the wrong rotation makes the timing backwards as well so instead of positive timing you now would have negative and the car wouldn't be fast.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

assuming a race happens this saturday I'll get the dex210 out for some action 4 gear mid motor configuration. Also picked up some holeshot 2wd fronts as one of the fast guys recommends them.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iDesign5

Wyd explained that very well. Usually when you see the motor on the other side it's 4-gear. Really no need to be reversing motor directions.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
assuming a race happens this saturday I'll get the dex210 out for some action 4 gear mid motor configuration. Also picked up some holeshot 2wd fronts as one of the fast guys recommends them.
Good luck Cain. Let us know how it goes!!!

I didn't know you sold your 210f. I thought you were racing on carpet??? What happened??
Old 08-29-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
If I'd have had that rack a couple of years ago, I probably wouldn't have had such a love/hate relationship with the car. This is the one mod that should be considered absolutely mandatory for anyone purchasing a 210 or 210F.

I'm on the fence about buying the Exotek chassis. I'm so busy that I have no idea when I'll run on an offroad track again in the foreseeable future so it would just be something to install out of boredom. I'm going to concentrate on dirt oval for a while since a new oval track is opening near me and I sell Raborn Invencer dirt oval cars.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by fredswain
If I'd have had that rack a couple of years ago, I probably wouldn't have had such a love/hate relationship with the car. This is the one mod that should be considered absolutely mandatory for anyone purchasing a 210 or 210F.

I'm on the fence about buying the Exotek chassis. I'm so busy that I have no idea when I'll run on an offroad track again in the foreseeable future so it would just be something to install out of boredom. I'm going to concentrate on dirt oval for a while since a new oval track is opening near me and I sell Raborn Invencer dirt oval cars.
Yeah I'm excited to install the new steering rack for sure. Will have it Wed or Thur. Oval in are area and are shop is and up and down thing or love hate depending on how you look at it. Right now where kinda in a slide after many many years of being on the high with Dirt oval. From what I see Stock racing honestly in oval is what is killing are racing. Just so much pushing the spirit of the rules and doing everything possible to get around a rule is killing the oval right now. Something will give in the near future so will see. Hope you do well with your oval cars.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cain
I think you will like it. I ran I think 7 practice runs. The first 4 I did nothing but run and learn the track. 5th run I lowered the car a MM to 23 vs the 24 and saw an instant difference at the track I was running at. Last two runs I added a 1mm shim to my rear hub carrier ball stud and that really started to bring my car around and I was starting to bring the front tires off the ground in two spots so my 9.5 was laying down the power and not spinning the tires. Overall was a great practice session.

I'm sure after a few runs you will really like the Exotek setup as I was pretty impressed overall with how my car ran. The track I was practicing at I normally suck at but really started to pick up the pace on my last two runs so I was very happy considering on race day they about 10 more cars running and no kids practicing with Slash trucks so the track is about 1/2 slower so add the 1/2 second and my car is right at least mid pack A main with a clean run.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Good luck Cain. Let us know how it goes!!!

I didn't know you sold your 210f. I thought you were racing on carpet??? What happened??
Yeah, I ran it on carpet early this year, excellent car, but since I have to travel it was kind of a luxury vehicle for me since I didn't get it to work like I wanted outdoors and I don't' really have much time to practice. I figure I'll run with my dex210 instead for now.

But we do race carpet in the winter. Picked up some tires just for that.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Motor plate on right will work with either sensored motor or sensorless but motor on left the motor will run the wrong direction where the sensorless can do reverse rotation without any changes other than reversing a wire on programming the speedo for reverse rotation. Sensored motors have timing built in so running the wrong rotation makes the timing backwards as well so instead of positive timing you now would have negative and the car wouldn't be fast.
Thanks everyone was just curious. Bought a really nice roller used for nothing but its MM3 with the plate on drivers left so I wasn't sure. My DEST210 is set up traditional with MM3, plate to the right.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Welcome aboard iDesign5!!
Old 08-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome aboard iDesign5!!
Thank you I'm pretty optimistic about the chassis. Been taking note as to the changes you guys have throughout the thread and inquired about a Plan B setup today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.