Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds good. That's exactly what I do with the shocks. I put blue inside and purple outside. The purple is a little more dense. Takes more abuse.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes once you get it on the track.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got the new steering rack in. I ordered it on ebay and received it in 2 days. It is a definite improvement over the stock steering rack geometry. It's an absolutely mandatory mod for anyone owning this car. It does not eliminate bump steer merely through just installing it. You do still need a couple of washers under the outer ball studs but you can eliminate bump steer entirely with them. I've always hated the front of this car for its steering design flaw so consider this remedied. Now if I could just get a 0° rear kick/0° rear toe setup I'd be really happy. I may actually try out that Exotek chassis. I've already spent a small fortune on this car. Why stop now?
Old 07-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
I got the new steering rack in. I ordered it on ebay and received it in 2 days. It is a definite improvement over the stock steering rack geometry. It's an absolutely mandatory mod for anyone owning this car. It does not eliminate bump steer merely through just installing it. You do still need a couple of washers under the outer ball studs but you can eliminate bump steer entirely with them. I've always hated the front of this car for its steering design flaw so consider this remedied. Now if I could just get a 0° rear kick/0° rear toe setup I'd be really happy. I may actually try out that Exotek chassis. I've already spent a small fortune on this car. Why stop now?
Woohoo Fred!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! Why stop now.

I know you can set the rear to 0 degree kick, can't you use the inserts on the outer hub to decrease toe?? You would still have the arms sweep forward which is what I think you are talking about eliminating but you could decrease toe in couldn't you?
Old 07-10-2016, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey you you post the link for the steering rack please.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

looks like it went out of stock on amain, not sure how you guys are finding it on ebay but I don't see it now.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

I can't find it on ebay anymore either. There were 3 available when I ordered it. Good news travels fast I guess. Durango really needs to change their steering rack bar to match this geometry. It would be a change to only 1 part and would apply to the 210 and 210F. The 210F suddenly looks very appealing to me.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

It's funny but I just realized that the seller that I bought the rack from on ebay was amain. Go figure. It's weird that I got it so fast. When I've ordered directly from them it has taken up to 2 weeks to receive.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Fred,

Just a thought, how about trying to fit the 410v5/210F RF splitted hangers?
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320348

Mike
Old 07-11-2016, 03:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

are the 12mm hexes on the v3 compatible with earlier versions of the dex210 ?
Old 07-11-2016, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by incubus
Hi Incubus,

They should be, as the drive axles did not change in Diameter realy!
I can try that in a fiew houres at my V1 and post the result...
Old 07-11-2016, 05:58 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by incubus
They are.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Legend

however you don't want those V3 plastic hexes. Go with some exoteks.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by micholix
Hi Fred,

Just a thought, how about trying to fit the 410v5/210F RF splitted hangers?
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320348

Mike
I'm not going to bother with it. My personal preference it to not adjust rear toe at the arms but rather always do it at the hubs. I've got 1.5 rear toe right now and it's fine.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Tech Legend

that part may not do what you want either. I asked about adjusting toe on the hanger on the 4wd buggy thread and it sounds like its not something I guess they originally intended so the levels of degree aren't in say common increments (0.5, 0.25, etc). Personally coming from 1/8 I like adjusting on the block, however, its probably more so because the nice alloy durango hubs I have I don't use since the blocks are such a pain to swap out for testing stuff, I rather just leave them as my default "zeros".

One thing I noticed working on my dex210 last night was that the graphite shock tower I have (I don't really know the brand) must be thinner relative to what exotek expects for the rear MM bulkhead thing they have as I noticed that the shocks would lean too much towards the front of the car. As I am also running the quick change mounts, the spacer exotek includes won't work. I ended up using what appears to be a 2mm spacer, nylon but pretty beefy I had and I also put shims on the screws that the tower will bolt to the tranny case with.

These two things combined gave me the kind of spacing I wanted to see for the shocks to be more vertical and not bump the turnbuckles.

I also added some shims to the wing mounts between the wing mounts and tower as well.

Right now just waiting on a few more parts but should be ready when I hit up another race July 23rd.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

This car really makes me mad. I pulled everything out of it again in order to sell it and now I just ordered the RDRP steering rack. It's almost like I just want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.