Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have ordered one of these bad boys after more years than I want to admit to. I was going through a photo album with a friend last week with him and came across some old pictures of racing Tamiya cars back around 84-85. I used to have a Frog and had great success with it. Over the years cars fell by the wayside and I cannot even remember what happened to it. I have mainly flown RC over the years but thought it would be fun to pick up a car to play around with and see if I can get some others interested up here so I can get some racing on the go. We have an area set aside at our flying field for an RC car track but it is in a sad state. A proper track was never built and as of now all there is there is a couple plywood ramps and piles of dirt. It is a real eyesore. So come spring I plan to go out there with a Bobcat and built a proper dirt track to tear around on.
As for the car I ended up getting hit with the hop up bug before the car even arrived and have ordered most of the aluminum upgrades, a different body etc. Before I knew it I was well over 1k and giving my head a shake. Oh well you only live once. Power wise I ordered a 10.5 and plan on a 25 or 27 tooth to start with and adjust from there for the track. This thread seems to be the best source of info for this car that I have found on the web.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Does anybody make a inner Front Rear aluminum suspension block for this buggy with the stock setting ? The stock plastic one ripped out one of the suspension arm hinge pin although it lasted for a good amount of runs.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Never mind, I missed the rear part when I first read it. The only ones I have found so far is the Team Durango one which I plan on buying and the one made by Exotec.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
I'd like to do the chassis all one piece with built in kick. I may work on making that happen. Instead of doing a top deck, I'd have bolt on side pieces to the chassis like Atomic Carbon does their conversions but not like it's done now. I had their Cr2 conversion and it was pretty cool how it was done.

I honestly don't see a reason to ever go larger in shock bore. Bigger just isn't always better. The biggest problem is that the car is too heavy now. That's what makes a larger bore necessary, which only further adds weight. Weight is a BAD thing. No one knows how to tune anymore. Even the pros suck at it. I'd rather go back to lighter cars with standard bore shocks. I do like the big bore springs though.
I think the whole kick up (front bulkhead) should be aluminum, with screws so you can attach either a carbon or aluminum flat chassis plate to it to tune for flex. Also the side pods have different attachment points to also tune for additional flex.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Super08
I have ordered one of these bad boys after more years than I want to admit to. I was going through a photo album with a friend last week with him and came across some old pictures of racing Tamiya cars back around 84-85. I used to have a Frog and had great success with it. Over the years cars fell by the wayside and I cannot even remember what happened to it. I have mainly flown RC over the years but thought it would be fun to pick up a car to play around with and see if I can get some others interested up here so I can get some racing on the go. We have an area set aside at our flying field for an RC car track but it is in a sad state. A proper track was never built and as of now all there is there is a couple plywood ramps and piles of dirt. It is a real eyesore. So come spring I plan to go out there with a Bobcat and built a proper dirt track to tear around on.
As for the car I ended up getting hit with the hop up bug before the car even arrived and have ordered most of the aluminum upgrades, a different body etc. Before I knew it I was well over 1k and giving my head a shake. Oh well you only live once. Power wise I ordered a 10.5 and plan on a 25 or 27 tooth to start with and adjust from there for the track. This thread seems to be the best source of info for this car that I have found on the web.
Awesome. If you haven't driven an off-road car since the 80's, you are in for a shock. Modern cars are far more forgiving and the smoothness and brute power from brushless motors over brushed is something you just need to feel to truly appreciate. The 210 is a very capable, very tunable car. If you've never felt the difference between rear motor and mid motor, it's the perfect car to find out.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I could use some help in identifying an aluminum mount. It came off a dex210v2 that I purchased used. It is for the front/rear suspension mount and takes inserts (330309) to adjust anti-squat. It looks to be made by durango as it is the same Color of anodizing as the -2 mm rear/rear mount.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

It sounds like it is Durango part TD330565 if it uses those inserts.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is the one. Thank you. Any idea how to get 0° anti-squat using that mount?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

I remember seeing a chart for it. It depends on if your RR is a 0 or -2 like what comes with the V2.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I will need to try to find that chart. The mound I have is a -2 mm.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

My head is thinking you need to set it for the lowest position then. I'm just a newb here so see what the others say.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

It looks like I could turn a 3° insert upside down and achieve 0°. However I still need to find the chart for the rear rear mount so that I know what anti-squat I truly have
Old 12-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have the Exotec FR mount on the way now. He told me with the -2mm RR mount that if I use no shims I will get 0 degrees. When it arrives I will measure the height to the center of the holes for the pivot shaft from the chassis and let you know. I am guessing your idea of the 3 degree turned upside down will be very close.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I took some measurements with The number three insert upside down. In this configuration I seem to yield about half a degree of ant-squat. I think I will give this setting a try. I am still trying to locate that chart you were talking about.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

I looked as well and couldn't find it. It may have been the 410 chart I seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.