Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dying losi truggy wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default dying losi truggy wheels

hey everyone just picked up some losi wheels for my 8ight t 2.0 and was reading some posts on dying wheels.I was wondering how well the dye will work do i need to prep the wheel or just boil with RIT dye and is it going to come out looking like i bought a black wheel or like a half a@# dye job any input is appreciated
Old 01-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the longer you leave them in the dye the deeper the color.

remember to do all your wheels at once, or they will come out different shades of color

they will come out good. ive dyed a bunch of stuff before too
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default rite dye

yes sir like he said....put all 4 in at once so they're the same color....when i liked running black wheels id dye them and they turn out great....to save on money or what ever id dye several sets all the same day or u waste a lil money....now i used the whole bottle and it might have been overkill but they turned out deep black and doesnt chip what soever goodluck
Old 01-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Black wheels make you faster
Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cobranick
hey everyone just picked up some losi wheels for my 8ight t 2.0 and was reading some posts on dying wheels.I was wondering how well the dye will work do i need to prep the wheel or just boil with RIT dye and is it going to come out looking like i bought a black wheel or like a half a@# dye job any input is appreciated
Ok works great get white wheels they work the best and then get the rit dye powder get a 2 gallon bucket get in the paint dept at the local home improvment center anyways measure out 1 gallon of warm to hot water into bucket stir in entire packet of powder it says to add like 2 gallons or something but 1 gallon is good then stir till powder is desolved then drop in all of your wheels and then they will want to float so get something that will slide down inside the bucket and hold them under such as a circle cut in wood and leave them in there for a few days depends how dark ya want em and then when your done snap the lid on the bucket and the dye will keep so when ya wanna do it again your ready i dye my wing this way and when i scuff it up racing i just drop in in and gives it a nice touch up
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Black wheels make you faster
Who TOLD you??