Wiki Posts
Search

What is the monthly cost of racing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Ok, kind of self explanatory our club races have E mains buggy and truggy, and compressor, pit area, washrooms (not portables) sprinkler system for the track, bobcat, backhoe and compactor, hydro, bbq, dual ABM, lights and people that get paid 40h a week to groom the track, also the track gets changed 3 to 4 times a season.

http://www.hardcoreracersrc.ca/
Nice track.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank's, they do a good job keeping the track in top shape, it is the best facility in Ontario and probably in Canada, but the folks at Gleenwood, NY will soon have one of the best facilities in North America, they are for shure working hard at it....
Old 01-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thank's, they do a good job keeping the track in top shape, it is the best facility in Ontario and probably in Canada, but the folks at Gleenwood, NY will soon have one of the best facilities in North America, they are for shure working hard at it....

Best in Canada No doubt....with the racer's to back it up.

I look forward to possibly making it out this summer for a Hardcore race.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Let me know when you coming, you will like the facility, try to make it for the glorcs race.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
this topic came up this past Sunday with the guys we were talking about the insane amount of cash / credit we consume to support this addiction we also talked about all the different ways we were able to hide our purchased from our other half some pointers.

Separate PO Box
Mail to Work / Friends House
Scan and throw receipt away
Side Credit card with paperless statement
Secret RC bank account with paperless statement
Hide cash around the house
Using VISA / Master / Amex gift card load up for your own.
Giving friends cash they transfer into your paypal account.

Its was a funny conversation definitely picked up some tips.
wow thats pretty sneaky ... can get your marriage in trouble. Better to keep all your upfront. Not necessarily announce "HEY GUESS HOW MUCH I JUST SPEND!!!" but only if she asks. After all you are the bread winner. If she rants about it then you rant about her JCP card, manicure, pedicure, hair dresser, makeup.....(list goes on) you're not he only one that spends money.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xjqkz
wow thats pretty sneaky ... can get your marriage in trouble. Better to keep all your upfront. Not necessarily announce "HEY GUESS HOW MUCH I JUST SPEND!!!" but only if she asks. After all you are the bread winner. If she rants about it then you rant about her JCP card, manicure, pedicure, hair dresser, makeup.....(list goes on) you're not he only one that spends money.
Yea, but it is funny we are almost as good as the politicians that run the country, we come uo with some prety good BS.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If i spent half as much as you guys each month i would have gotten the I dont think so from the wife. Even my hidden credit card i use wouldnt have helped me with what you guys are spending. If its the middle of the season im doing about $100 a month at the most. Thats just club fees, tires and fuel.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
I would never do that
Old 01-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Prophet

There, and our club racing is $50.00 for 2 classes.

http://www.offroadrc.ca/showthread.php?t=33932

yea that makes sense than paying $50.00, if the racers, get paid to work on the track and other stuff.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

RAlmeida you goin to T-Burg ?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
RAlmeida you goin to T-Burg ?
HELL YES, it is our season opener for Nitro, agreat race weekend and a lot of really fast guys show up, so we get to learn, last year I met Chad Bradley, a really great guy and very aproachable and helpfull
Old 01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Lord

HELL YES, it is our season opener for Nitro, agreat race weekend and a lot of really fast guys show up, so we get to learn, last year I met Chad Bradley, a really great guy and very aproachable and helpfull

Ive met a few of the jammin crew at the nats in Prior year's......Matty Matt Gary Chad Rick and the rest of the jammin crew.....ahh...good time's with matty after the races.

PS see you in T-burg.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just spent about 400 yesterday. Funny thing is, i didn't get anything i really wanted.

tires, oils, pins, cvd's, springs, gaskets, screws, con rod, brass bushings, m2c rear extended brace, a new JC body, shock ends and O rings, standoffs, shock tower, shock boots, manifold springs and gaskets, glow plugs, piston clips, air filters, some new MIP wrenches, damper cap bushings, skid plates, and a but load of screws from tony.

btw, if you can find what you need from tony's screws, he is cheaper then just about anybody

Like i said, maintenance mainly. Would of liked to have gotten a new motor

oh well.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

You should come up, camp on site (sorry, no caping we will be night gards for the weekend( regulations BS)) and have a blast, the Jammin team is already registered and paid and so AM I.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea that makes sense than paying $50.00, if the racers, get paid to work on the track and other stuff.
Not the racers, the track has dedicated labours and operators to keep it up, groomed and clean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.