Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

[QUOTE=mini-dub]The battery probably is able to come out because of insuffecient pressure or fitting of the battery strap, if you have shims under the battery bar posts try taking them out or putting in thinner ones. Make sure you don't make the posts too low or you will have to flex the bar and then it will tweak the chassis. The other reason that could cause the pack to eject is the chassis isn't filed enough so the cells are sitting too high in the slots so the sides of the slots can't keep the pack in. You want to have the cells sit flush or slightly above the bottom of the chassis. Put a pack in and look underneath to see how low they are, then file the slots till the pack sits at the proper level. One more thing, using strapping tape to hold your batteries in is a better way, it wont tweak the chassis like a strap can and it holds the pack better, it all depends how much you hate tape .
QUOTE]

I cant use tape coz i dont have the slots, i may have to drill out some slots
Old 05-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Hi guys, on my mi2 ive got a teemu 3700 bottom deck, and for some reason my 3700 and 3800batts still come out .

I saw on pro4's on the side of the battery slots they have 2 little plastic holder thingo's. Will they fit on my mi2?

Thats the way i was thinking of fixing my batts from coming rite out
I've have just brought myself a new 3700 chassis and have no problems with it at all. I hav'nt filed the slots and the spacers that come with the kit to go under the posts are fine. If you have filed the slots out then you need to remove the spacers from under the battery posts.

Darren
Old 05-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Whats a good body to run on rubber tires on carpet
Old 05-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rubber on the rug, most use the Mazda 6.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Figures, cause I just found this 3.0 in the package I've been saving lol
Old 05-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Some guys do like the 3.0 Carpet version but I've heard guys say it's too stuck and doesn't flow through the corners as well. Not that I know from experience Just what I've been told. My one and only time on the rug I ran the Mazda.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

I'm hoping team Schumcher moves up a position from last year in this race :-)
POSTED ON FAST TRACK THREAD.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok here is the details on the enduro. It will be a mini 24 hour race the race will be for 2 hours and 24 mins. The rules are easy it will be just like the real thing. The date for this race will be May 27 2006

rules:

1...stock motor
2...you can not change chassie's. must be 1/10 4 wheel drive touring car ( they will be taged before the race)
3... Batteries will be 3800 or less.
4...there will be 10 teams 3 team mates each team
5...the cost will be 40.00 per team and pay-outs will be (based on 10 teams)
$ 120.00 1st $ 80.00 2nd $ 60.00 3rd

you can change anything during the race but not the chassie you started with.

After the 2hour 24 min touring car enduro we will be having a 30 min Mini cooper enduro.

rules for mini cooper

1... stock motors
2... chassie will be taged before the race you can not change chassies
3... there will be 10 teams 2 people per team
4... the cost will be $ 20.00 per teams and the pay-outs will be (based on 10 teams) $ 80.00 1st $ 40.00 2nd $20.00 3rd
Fast Track Hobbies
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Have many of you guys messed around shimming the diff up and down? I use to do it on a few other cars I have had and it does make a differance. I hope to mess with it on my EC this weekend depending on how the car works. I know it can be done fairly easily on this car and I have all kinds of different sized shims to move the diff and the space out the toplate as needed.

One thing I really liked when I practiced with my car was how easy it was to change my wheel base. I used this setup in the rear of my car and it really helped to dial in my car with such little adjustments. I think right now I'm in the short/mid position. Tried the med/long and that helped a ton and then tried the short/mid that seemed just a tad better from my track.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Wheel base is one of the first things I look at when I need to make an adjustment. I haven't tried lowering the diffs at all. I know Donny has but I'm not sure what he concluded from it. I know PW said he didn't really like it but he didn't get a good test in of it. Teemu has been running the front diff lower and likes it from what I'm told. Do a little testing and let us know what you find
Old 05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

David- you looking to get back into running on road again. The offroad thing just not take off? I heard Tulsa is going to put in carpet. Is that where you are looking to run rubber tires?

I may get something for the winter too...lol

Jeff
Old 05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Call Paul at SCHU USA and speak with him regarding this tweak. I know he ran it at superior weekend before for the state race. From what i got from him was that his tests were somewhat inconclusive but you can ask him directly.

Originally Posted by wyd
Have many of you guys messed around shimming the diff up and down? I use to do it on a few other cars I have had and it does make a differance. I hope to mess with it on my EC this weekend depending on how the car works. I know it can be done fairly easily on this car and I have all kinds of different sized shims to move the diff and the space out the toplate as needed.

One thing I really liked when I practiced with my car was how easy it was to change my wheel base. I used this setup in the rear of my car and it really helped to dial in my car with such little adjustments. I think right now I'm in the short/mid position. Tried the med/long and that helped a ton and then tried the short/mid that seemed just a tad better from my track.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
David- you looking to get back into running on road again. The offroad thing just not take off? I heard Tulsa is going to put in carpet. Is that where you are looking to run rubber tires?

I may get something for the winter too...lol

Jeff

Yea thats the plan. I bought a xxxt but I really just cant get excited about offroad. And if I'm going all the way up there to run offroad why not just run sedan. Its looking like the rubber tire class is gonna be big. And they are talking about starting one in dallas too. I'd love to run it.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thats cool. I have been running Nitro Sprints in Tulsa and the on road caught my eye to. I tried the offroad and just was not me.

The Schumacher would be killer I think. May have to find me an older Mi2 to get back into it....anyone have one on the shelf for sale?

Jeff
Old 05-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Jeff theres been a few EC's on the boards...that would be a much better investment
Old 05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Glad to see you guys are looking in the right direction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.