Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AdrianM
1. Is there a rear toe adjustment? (inboard or outboard)?
Jon is right on. The rubber car comes with 2deg and that is all we ever seem to run everywhere we go. You can get a set of U2450 plastic suspension mounts and they will let you hit 1.5 deg and 3 deg. However, like I said, we never run those.

The Foam car comes with 1.5 deg toe out of the box
The riserplate and the chassie is missing a hole for the plastic ones, but I guess it would "work" using em' anyway, just a bit risky.

Adrian: What mounts does the foam car come with? Will there be any .5 or 1 degree outboard toe-in rear hubs for the EC carpet car?
Old 01-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The riserplate and the chassie is missing a hole for the plastic ones, but I guess it would "work" using em' anyway, just a bit risky.

Hmmm...thats interesting. The foam car as both holes so you can use the plastic suspension mounts if you want to. I didn't know they ommitted the inner hole on the standard EC. The plastic mounts would still work though.

Adrian: What mounts does the foam car come with? Will there be any .5 or 1 degree outboard toe-in rear hubs for the EC carpet car?

The mounts are the same. The holes on the chassis have been adjusted for less toe on the foam car. We have mentioned hubs with outboard toe to Schu UK but I am not sure when or if they will happen.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The foam car as both holes so you can use the plastic suspension mounts if you want to. [/b]

Adrian[/b]
We should be able to have just over 1 degree inboard toe in then if the longer Alloy Cat mounts are used on the inside holes of the USA car.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gee M
We should be able to have just over 1 degree inboard toe in then if the longer Alloy Cat mounts are used on the inside holes of the USA car.
Remember the foam spec has less to built into the chassis.

That worked on the old car. On the new Foam spec you might end up with a touch of toe out doing that
Old 01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
There's actually 2. High and Low. Any finer tuning than that can be done with shims on the hubs.
I dont think adding more than a .5 shim on the hub is possible using the included hub, ball grippas and standard dish rim? We can fine tune the inner links even more by getting thinner or thicker riser plate kits.

Adrian, if the foam spec has half a degree less built in inboard toe than the standard EC(and Mi-2) those mounts should then give close to .7 degrees then?

Last edited by Gee M; 01-16-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

I dont think adding more than a .5 shim on the hub is possible using the included hub, ball grippas and standard dish rim? We can fine tune the inner links even more by getting thinner or thicker riser plate kits.
If you want to adjust the lower hinge pin height you can do so with the new 3mm shim kit. It contains calibrated .5, 1, 2 and 3mm purple allow shims.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I measured the toe on the Carpet spec. It has about 1 to 1.5 per side.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The EC is still undefeated in Canada. TQ and win in stock rubber and TQ and win 19t rubber. Thanks Schumacher, cant wait for the North America Spec, haha!!!
HEy way to go. I might have to get your set up before I go to Calgary for there Carpet Throphy race. Hopefully I will get my ec by then. I don't do much touring on Carpet. we run only 12 scale here in the winter month then its fullon elec and nitro touring for the summer.
Hey you must of pre ordered them. I'm still waiting for them to be avail to the dist. here on the west coast.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wanted to check that I have built the car correctly so far. I have insatlled the (FRONT & REAR) lower pivot mounts (purple alloy ones) and they are marked "L" and "R". It doesn't clearly state in the instructions which side they should go on. I tried putting both "L" on the same side and the same for the ones marked with and "R" but this produced a uneven hinge pin.

I then went and installed one "L" and one "R" on the left side and the same goes for the right side. Is this correct? Or am I missing something?

Other than this, the car has gone together extremely well. Very happy with the build quality so far.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wanted to check that I have built the car correctly so far. I have insatlled the (FRONT & REAR) lower pivot mounts (purple alloy ones) and they are marked "L" and "R". It doesn't clearly state in the instructions which side they should go on. I tried putting both "L" on the same side and the same for the ones marked with and "R" but this produced a uneven hinge pin.

I then went and installed one "L" and one "R" on the left side and the same goes for the right side. Is this correct? Or am I missing something?

Other than this, the car has gone together extremely well. Very happy with the build quality so far.
Hey Lenny,

Welcome to the team!!! I picked mine up today too, but haven't started it yet.

Iain
Old 01-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

i did the same thing as u wen building it. but then i realised it was wrong wen i could not get the front droop to be what i want . then got the instructions of a mate). u put them on as it u was looking at wishbone from the side. so yes u end up with a "L" and a "R" on each side of the car. all leter face down! and the square edges faces into the center of the car...........hope that helped and i dint confuse it to much
Old 01-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bob33
i did the same thing as u wen building it. but then i realised it was wrong wen i could not get the front droop to be what i want . then got the instructions of a mate). u put them on as it u was looking at wishbone from the side. so yes u end up with a "L" and a "R" on each side of the car. all leter face down! and the square edges faces into the center of the car...........hope that helped and i dint confuse it to much
Thanks for the clarification BOB33. Much appreciated. So I did the right thing after all. Just got a little confused along the way.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Iain
Hey Lenny,

Welcome to the team!!! I picked mine up today too, but haven't started it yet.

Iain
Why NOT????

You got it early this morning!!! What have you been doing all day??? Work doesn't count!!! There is no excuse young Iain.

And YES, I am now a Schuie man!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Why NOT????

You got it early this morning!!! What have you been doing all day??? Work doesn't count!!! There is no excuse young Iain.

And YES, I am now a Schuie man!!!
I went to the cricket......
Old 01-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

MO- I think I might change the colors again. I may save pink for the nats. Remeber the purple/green/white body???? That was looking pretty nice in my head last night. Maybe I'll paint up two

EC IN DA HIZZZZOUSE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.