Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
mini dub i know it wasnt the place but u guy seem more honest so i trust what u say.
now some thing that has a lot to do with schumacher well atleast the mi2 how do you guys mount motor cooling fans??
pictures would be great its just its about 32'c about 90-92'f so i wana cool my motor a bit it came of the track after 2 1/2 packs and read about 75'c about 167'f which even for a 540 silver can motor is hot i think
Was that 2 1/2 packs back to back? If so that could be the reason why it's so hot. I always allow my motor to cool some before I run it again. As far as fans go I had mine mounted right in front of my motor (no pics sorry) but this time around I'm looking at mounting it above the motor. Cool fans has a special mount for the MI2 with one or two fans but they are way too expensive. You could build the same thing yourself for less than half their asking price.

mini dub- He did ask a non Schuie related question but if you look at his sig it does say MI2 so even if he asked for stock tips, marriage advice, or a math question.......we are here for him
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
so even if he asked for stock tips, marriage advice, or a math question.......we are here for him
where do babies come from?
Old 12-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys looking at a new radio what u guys think of hitec crx??? its cheaper than the rest is there a reason??? im not convinced on a m11 or 3pk just the crx seems ergonomic (yeah laugh at my spelling). any way opinion?? what do u use why??
thanks for any help
I have a Hitec CRX that I am selling it's the synthesized version and works well. I recently went PCM Futaba (always wanted one) I think you would like the CRX it's got every feature the other top radios do. Plus it will take the Spektrum system. I got it because it was cheaper but I really wanted Futaba. So you get what you can afford to get, but try to get what you want. Wish I had the first time around.

Rod
Old 12-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here's an older pic of my car with a large fan installed. You can see I have the receiver stood up and mounted lengthwise, under the top deck and the ESC closer to the servo to make room for the fan.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
where do babies come from?
You don't have the correct chassis to have that question answered...
Old 12-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I made a mounting bracket for my fan from 2mm perspex, its attached to the topdeck using the two screws on the nearest layshaft mount. You do have to remove it everytime you change the motor tho Very easy to make, just take your time and re-check the position of the fan as you go along. Perspex is a pain to cut but it files down quickly Just sold my digicam so i cant offer a pic, sorry.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run a Dual cool can fan and have no worries at all with over heating, in fact it trims about 15 degrees c off the motor temp.

Cool Can fan and my Mi2
Old 12-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

thanks jon ker but i think ill go a top mounted fan as my electronics are rather big (2 channel am reciever and a durratrax esc) so cool lol
can u use a 12v computer fan or is a 5v rc brand fan best i mean their the same price for me its just a matter of driving 30min to the hobby shop or 2 min to an electrinics store?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The 12v wont spin fast enough on 7.2v to cool much.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

on a two channel radio i just hook it up on to the battery terminal on my reciever?? also my esc has 6.0v 2amp bec is that enough for a high speed digital servo?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

hey guys again i dont know if this is the place but its going into a mi2 so please help me
which is better 3pk or m11?
and which is better for 3pk. pcm fm or hrs?? i found a guy in japan who can self me a radio cheaper than tower hobbies so im checking it out.
please help
Old 12-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
]
mini dub- He did ask a non Schuie related question but if you look at his sig it does say MI2 so even if he asked for stock tips, marriage advice, or a math question.......we are here for him
I might have trouble with marriage advice, but math questions I can do .

I don't know anything about the Futaba radio really, but I do have an M11 and love it. I think the HRS is better to have than PCM. They're both good radios so it really comes down to which one you can get cheaper. I know the M11 is pretty simple to operate once you learn it, but learning it can be tricky. Not sure how easy the Futaba is to navigate though. I know the older Futaba I had (3-pjs I think ) was very hard to navigate.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hey guys again i dont know if this is the place but its going into a mi2 so please help me
and which is better for 3pk. pcm fm or hrs?? i found a guy in japan who can self me a radio cheaper than tower hobbies so im checking it out.
please help
Radios are very much a personal preference thing. You should try and hold one of each, see what's comfortable. I was going to buy a Futaba 3PK until I drove a car with one. I couldn't stand the way it felt to hold. There was nothing wrong with it and if I needed I could have probably got used to it. But the M8 just felt better to me. They're all about the same quality. Just get what fits best for you.

Also on the fan, get a 5v fan from a Radio Shack (or whatever you guys have like that.) You can wire it directly to the battery terminals on your ESC and wire a switch in so you can turn on the fan separate from the ESC. This way after a run, you can shut off the car and turn marshal, but leave the fan on so that the motor will be cool when you come back. Plus it will send more voltage to the fan that way. If you just plug it into the receiver, it puts out less voltage (not sure of the number off the top of my head) and the fan won't put out as much air.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

please help
I know both are great radio's. My advise for you if you can go down to your Local hobby shop. and ask to see both and if they offer to try each. See how each on feels. I would say the one that feel more comfy would be the one. My self I just found a great deal on an m8 LE. which is good enough for me. I also know if you have to make any adjustment the m11 would be easier and quicker as the screen is right in front on top. the 3pk is on the side, but it easy to go through. I would go on feel. which is very important. would suck if youi get one and it just feels like crap and wish you gotten the other one. Heck maybe a couple of guy's at you track has these radio's See if you can take a look at them.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jon your just faster than I for that response .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.