Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Adrian is too cool, he got me the part #'s for the parts he suggests getting right-away with the kit. For those interested. They are:

U2297 Threaded shock bodies
R005 Steel Hew Screw set
L1000 Lundsford Ti Turnbuckle/hinge pin kit
Old 01-31-2002, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default rollout

Adrian:
what rollout did PW use with those stock blue endbell motors at Cleveland?

Those swaybars are a huge help in carpet with foams, it keeps the car planted and it smooths out the steering a bit.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default setup

Just really curious to see how many of you are using the inboard toe options. To be honest the first time I put my car down I had some things messed up setup wise. First I did not use outside hole on hubs for camber link, also did not run sways, umm no in board front or rear. Everything else was pretty much same as Adrian's Med/low asphalt setup (60wt blue sp. etc) So I changed to inboard toe and moved camber links out on hubs and I loss steering, I actually lost alot of steering. So now I am out in the dark again. I have a few ideas to try this weekend but I am really curious to see what everyone else is doing with toe and sways. Oh and I wanted to see if my new avatar thing would work
Old 02-01-2002, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default setup

wilson10
I use 2 deg of in-board toe which makes steering smooth but out-board I run 0 deg. this is for the front.

In the rear I have 2 deg in-board toe and 2 deg out board toe. I get real good grip and the car has less agressive steering.

When I want to change the steering response I change the front castor. Believe me the car has tons of steering, it's not hard to get steering on this car.

The key to getting the car the way you want is to start with a base setup like you said you did but when you change the car, only change one thing at a time instead of a combination of things.

hope this helps
Old 02-01-2002, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

MattW: Who is supplying he CVDs? This surely is something new. Tell us more about it!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Jesse, They are made by a UK company called Titanium Racing

www.titaniumracing.com

They look a little similar to the CVD's that Yokomo do for their cars. I haven't got them yet but will report back when i have them. I haev seen some made for another car and they look very nice.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone going to the Snowbird Nats.?
Old 02-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default super blowout sale

My friends can collect em, but I feel its a waste since I only drive one at a time....so....

Since I got a Mission my RC Lab 7 6 Pro (v. II) is for sale. Its basically brand new. Its only a few months old and I never really had a chance to use it and then decided to switch cars now that I have chance to get back into it all.

Its better then new really, has better ballcups, lightwieght outdrives, graphite shock towers, etc. Plus a lot of new parts still in the packing. If you had it, it would be ready to go with plenty of spare parts. Steve at SpeedtechRC carries everything for it and even knows the RCLABusa guy personally, so he can get you hooked up.

If someone is interested they can email me and I will make them a heck of a deal. Or if its not for you, pass the word on to someone that might want it.

Thanks
(mission is still a week out
Old 02-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

So how is the new Mission? I was thinking about getting a woven car and the mission is on my list along with the T1. Let me know what you guys think of it. I am racing Mod TC on foams(ozite) so hopefully it is rigid enough to handle that. Lemme know if I should get one.
IKE
Old 02-02-2002, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Going to the Snowbirds... Sure am.... I am lucky I live a couple hours away..
Old 02-02-2002, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah. Same here. An hour and a half and I'm there.
Old 02-02-2002, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Neas: I work just around the corner from RC Country, so I go there when I need to pick something up. Otherwise, its SpeedWorld in Roseville or Ripon...I always try to support the tracks whenever I can.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

It was just kind of funny, because I hadnt ever been into an RC shop other then the ones in my hometown and I was down in Sacramento visiting my dad and he took me there.

It was a nice place...I thought some of the prices were high though, because of all the mail order I do out of cali is always cheaper then in shop here...but RC Countries prices were acutally HIGHER then my local shop on alot of stuff...it was packed when I was there MLK day.

You race for World Class batteries?
Old 02-03-2002, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

neas- I would have to agree with you on that one. They do have some pretty high prices on most of their high dollar items. Their parts and little items are priced okay but their electronics and kits are sometimes $30+ over other places.

Racer X- Where were you yesterday? Family????? Maybe we'll see you next weekend. When are you going to test the different bodies that we talked about? Is that something that you'll do once we go back to Speedworld? We tested with the HPI Stratus yesterday and it was pretty good. I think that we switched out the wing that came with the body for something a little bigger. Let me know because I would love to be a part of your testing.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Neas: What STL said. I only run by there to pick up little things. It's a nice shop, and the biggest in the area, but you have to pay for that floor space somehow.

STL: I just needed some time off. Work is not someplace that I currently enjoy, so I figured I would try to rest up some. Spending all day Saturday at the track only leaves Sunday for 'recovery' and that just hasn't been enough lately. Things should change before too much longer. Still trying to get the body thing set up. I'll let you know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.