Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I would like to stagger the inserts, but unfortunately the track has a spec cs27 tire rule. I use MPH Products T-Rx for traction compound, works better than TQ, comes in faster, and lasts longer too. I just installed the alloy inner mounts and the new rear hubs last night. I also reinstalled the front riser plate too. I plan on going to 80wt front oil (50 in there now) and 60 in back (40 in there now) to help reduce chassis roll. I will be doing a lot of testing tomorrow and tuesday too.
You are using rubber tire's correct? That sounds sort of stiff. The foam guys don't run that stiff. If it works out well for you please pass the set up along. Will this set up have the sway bars on as well? What inserts would you like to play around with in the take off's? Sorry for all of the questions. We don't have a spec tire rule at our track and maybe I can use some of your ideas and let you know how they worked out. We are also only allowed to use TQ orange at our track so we make do with what we can use. Good luck with the testing.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randy Caster
You're gonna subject us to that again Clint?!?
I think that's the only reason why you socal guys come up here
Have you had any track time with the new car yet? If so what do you think?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by racenut123
Hey Stlnowin,

The Module should get to you anytime now.Went to Santa Cruz yesterday to test the Teemu chassis. What a freakin' difference. I also tested the spool setup Troy sent me and I still prefer the oneway for now. The car was a handful at first,but after a couple tweaks the car in the main{s} was awsome.Have fun this coming weekend and hurry up so we can work to get the dialed setup for the rug already.
Thanks. The spool set up that Mo and I have been running is killer but I did switch back to the oneway just for better tire wear and I feel that the corner speed is better....especially when running stock. Once I get back from the regionals you know it's all carpet from here on out so we will be on point. Dujuan, Noah, you, and myself should have no problem working together to make sure that we are the guys to fear in 19 turn. Maybe the TC3/TC4 can settle on being 5th every week...LMBAO
Old 10-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
You are using rubber tire's correct? That sounds sort of stiff. The foam guys don't run that stiff. If it works out well for you please pass the set up along. Will this set up have the sway bars on as well? What inserts would you like to play around with in the take off's? Sorry for all of the questions. We don't have a spec tire rule at our track and maybe I can use some of your ideas and let you know how they worked out. We are also only allowed to use TQ orange at our track so we make do with what we can use. Good luck with the testing.
If I could, I would like to throw some Yokomo 37F's or HPI reds up front, but we can't play with the inserts; we have to used the Take Off Pre-mounts. The other cars I race at this track on rubber tires I am between 50-80 on the front oil, with 30-60 in back. But those cars are either tub chassis (XXX-S or TA-04 for tamiya races) or 3mm graphite (Surikarn). I really think this 2mm deck is hurting me, but I can dial around that. Do you have to use TQ orange for smell reasons or some other reason? If it's gotta be odorless, the MPH stuff has zero smell to it.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
If I could, I would like to throw some Yokomo 37F's or HPI reds up front, but we can't play with the inserts; we have to used the Take Off Pre-mounts. The other cars I race at this track on rubber tires I am between 50-80 on the front oil, with 30-60 in back. But those cars are either tub chassis (XXX-S or TA-04 for tamiya races) or 3mm graphite (Surikarn). I really think this 2mm deck is hurting me, but I can dial around that. Do you have to use TQ orange for smell reasons or some other reason? If it's gotta be odorless, the MPH stuff has zero smell to it.
we have to use the TQ for the smell. So many people in the surrounding areas know that this is all that is allowed so to switch could cause some problems. The traction is decent when using it. The inserts that you would like to use up front seem like two good choices. Which inserts would you use in the rear to go along with them?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

wtf? Noah is running the car now too? NICE! 19turn will be alot of fun this carpet season. So thats 5 guys who will be able to shut down the TC3-4/CGM threat. Not including the 2 old farts we rarely see. Whats thier deal now? Are they done racing? Mauer was so hit or miss last Outdoor season I was wondering when we would see him out next.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

.....and your problem is?
Geeze ...no problem, just stating a fact ...remember that glamour shot you did (I still have the pic if you don't ) ...well anyways I remember after that all the racers where wearing midriff's ...that was kinda nasty!
Old 10-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by racenut123
wtf? Noah is running the car now too? NICE! 19turn will be alot of fun this carpet season. So thats 5 guys who will be able to shut down the TC3-4/CGM threat. Not including the 2 old farts we rarely see. Whats thier deal now? Are they done racing? Mauer was so hit or miss last Outdoor season I was wondering when we would see him out next.
Noah ran the MI2 for the first time at the last Modesto race. He ran Mo's test car and was a handful to deal with on the track. He'll be getting his own very soon. Knowing Mo can really be dangerous at times Noah needed to get rid of all that Yok and AE stuff anyways. It's all Schuie for him from here on out. Our next goal is to switch one of these Tamiya die hards.....oh wait.....we did that with you!

the two old guys will be out sometime soon. Maurer has business matters that has kept him busy and the cop has been playing Taxi (soccer dad) for the kids in the neighboorhood.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Geeze ...no problem, just stating a fact ...remember that glamour shot you did (I still have the pic if you don't ) ...well anyways I remember after that all the racers where wearing midriff's ...that was kinda nasty!
That's Janet....miss Jackson if you're nasty!!!! Can you close your business next weekend and come down and be my P.B. for the regionals? I'll supply you with a couple of sodas....LOL
Old 10-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

we have to use the TQ for the smell. So many people in the surrounding areas know that this is all that is allowed so to switch could cause some problems. The traction is decent when using it. The inserts that you would like to use up front seem like two good choices. Which inserts would you use in the rear to go along with them?
Prob 37M's.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think that's the only reason why you socal guys come up here
Have you had any track time with the new car yet? If so what do you think?
I ordered some parts for it, waiting on them to come in, the region 12 carpet race may be my first with it, I'm still just havin fun with offroad. We just got a new track opening down here today, so I'll be ordering a 1/8 buggy this week.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

LMBAO
haha, nice... LMWAO
Old 10-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can you close your business next weekend and come down and be my P.B. for the regionals? I'll supply you with a couple of sodas....LOL
I'm coming out of retirement for the weekend to come and race with A. Young and be the pit b*tch again. You gonna tune my motors?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
haha, nice... LMWAO
LMPRAO
Old 10-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by James Nguyen
I'm coming out of retirement for the weekend to come and race with A. Young and be the pit b*tch again. You gonna tune my motors?
you know i'll hook the homies up. You glue the tire's and I'll go to work on the motors. So we gotta deal with Aaron at this race huh. I heard that he was on fire for the first carpet race yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.