Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

You should be able to get the same ratio (providing you aren't running too low) with the 20 tooth pully, and i would think that it would be more efficient, as was one idea with the car that larger pullys would be more efficient. I have only tried the 20 so far.
Old 12-02-2001, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The pulley issue will be an interesting thing to watch as more and more people test the car. When testing the pulleys be sure to back your opinion up with hard facts like lap times.

Last time I ran my car I used the 17T pulley and it was a rocket. I will test the 20 and 17 back to back next weekend in qualifiers with the same gear ratio to get true lap times.

RacerX-What tires did you end up using?
Old 12-03-2001, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

What's up guys??? Got my car on Sat, put it together last night. Started to take off work today just to go run it, the car is bad a$$!!! I do have one question though, can someone explain the inbaord toe in to me. How does the traction you get from this differ from the outboard toe in???
Old 12-03-2001, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Still

waiting for mine...
Old 12-03-2001, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys...Built my car yesterday...thing goes together SWEET...I stayed with the kit screws, and bought the posi drive screw driver...major difference. This kit is really a work of art in terms of the fit and finish...cant wait to drive it...

Thanks for the setup info posted thus far. From what I saw in a quick scan, all I saw was carpet setups...anyone got an asphalt setup yet??

Only complaint was the electronics room..I mounted my receiver on the top plate...if mounted on the bottom you couldn't get to the receiver crystal to change it, and the speedo was too close to the motor...hopefully this will work out..

Adrain...thanks for the general assistance, and for the setup tips for Snowbirds...just had to spec tires I dont have any of, didnt you!!..lol
Old 12-03-2001, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Racer_X...did I understand your post right...are you headed out our way (Texas)?? You going to be here to race??
Old 12-03-2001, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,
This weekend in the Pacific NW we had the northwest TC chamiomships and the Mission did really well. This race is run with the Reedy race format in mod class(8 Rounds). The mission took the first two positions in the hands of Schumacher drivers James Paulson and Andrew Cartwright. Both cars looked great on the track considering they got the cars on Wednesday. James also won stock class with his car. Great job by both drivers and the new car.

Chad
Old 12-03-2001, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Where still running the AE white springs front an rear right??
Old 12-03-2001, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

SpeedRacer16- Make a new center link for the bell crank with a short turnbuckle at 45mm end-to-end. Outer turnbuckles to the # 2 hole on hub carrier(rearward hole).

Wow, what a car. Sterring and huge acceleration and speed. I had my front belt all the way tight. Adrian told me to run all the way loose. It wont skip. So this means it will be even faster. Watch out. Here I come.

I mounted my reciever(JR PCM) in front of the motor plate next to the belt and the speedo(Keyence) next to it, in front of the motor. I can get the crystal through the top deck very easy.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Adrain: I ran the new Pit 24R in the front and the 20R in the rear with Echo red inserts. Car was killer, but I can already see some places where it could be even faster with more track time.

MarkG: I'll be in Dallas for work starting tomorrow thru Sat...no racing though...

I mounted my radio just like Cornerspeed, ESC on outside, reciever on inside. Plenty of room and no radio problems.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Building note: The battery wires fit perfectly through the hole in the motor mount keeping the wires out of harms way...
Old 12-03-2001, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Teacher-Inboard toe in/out does a lot of interesting things. The first people to stumble on to its effect were off road car designers Roger Curtis, Gil Losi Jr., and Cliff Lett during the development of the RC-10, RC-10T and RC-10 Team. You used to have the ability to set toe in at the hub or at the inner lower a-arm mount. Everyone figured out that off road inboard toe in was the way to go. It made the cars get around the track better but no one sat down and thought through why.

In board toe in at the rear causes the car to behave like it has anti squat on power but with out the odd steering effects anti squat can cause. Sweeping the arms forward causes the suspension to try to extend on power. This extension force counters the natural squatting that occurs as weight transfers to the rear under acceleration. Thus you have more force applied to the rear tires and enhanced traction.

Traditional anti squat works by raising the front of the inner rear hinge pin and intentionally causing a misalignment between the cars axis of rotation as it squats and the pivot plane of the rear inner hinge pin. 100% anti squat would be if you mounted the hinge pins perpendicular to the plane of the chassis. Anti-squat generally causes a degree of handling problems in most sedans. There are ways of overcoming this depending on the car you drive. On Schumacher Sedans we have so many ways of accomplishing a handling objective that we usually never resort to have to use anti squat.

In board to out at the front has the exact opposite effect as in the rear. In board toe out causes the car to squat in front under power. This helps to keep weight from transferring to the rear and thus enhances front traction/steering under power.

The Mission allows you to used 0 or 2 degrees of in board toe-in in the rear and 0 or 2 degrees of inboard to out in the front. In testing 2 degrees seems about ideal. More toe caused the effects to be too extreme and caused handling problems.

As always, test the new feature against a base line setup and check your lap times. DO NOT assume that if your car feels faster it is faster. Some times a fast feeling is just a car on the ragged edge of control.

Keep a log of the things you have tried and the results and always have a buddy time you laps to see if you are going forward and backwards.

FYI, I studied Sociology in college. If I had paid attention to math in high school would be a mechanical engineer making 3x what a do now. PLEASE, Tell you kids to PAY ATTENTION IN SCHOOL!
Old 12-03-2001, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

can any of you guys compare the mission to other competitive cars such as tc3s, mr4s, kx1s, xxs, and t1
Old 12-03-2001, 09:58 PM
Tech Initiate

The mission is by far the best car I have ever driven! Thanks to all the guys at Schumacher.

Chad- Thanks
Old 12-03-2001, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My mission was shipped today. Does anyone know the part numbers for the front one way and threaded shock bodies? I would like to order them now so, hopefully, they arrive when I am assembling the car. Also which belts belts come with the kit? I understand that the gray ones are for stock. If that is correct what is the part number for the gray belts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.