Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Turbodog parts came in ! Although i worked overtime and did not make it to the shop to pick'em up,but the good news is that the trusty old Mission came through for a win! I'll be sad to see it go but it gets a new owner this week.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by STLNLST
Mo got a car from the snow birds that had one already on it. So he gets to use his 64p gears and I'm stuck with 48P
ya me too, ahhhhhh, but you have to love, when you change ONE tooth on the pinion, your ratio goes from an 11.53 to a 6.48
Old 04-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mo
Here is a pic of my Mi2, ready for it's first action tomorrow.
Hey Mo, what top deck is that on your car? Is it the P-Dub?
thanks
Old 04-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

well, due to rain, we did not race today, but after the track dried, we had a fun day. I put AE 30wt oil in the shocks, and ran eveything else the same, and i was with in .1 seconds of my fastest lap with that car!!! and we did not prep the track today. So I am VERY pleased, with a few more days of racing, this car is going to be dialed!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:28 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

koabich: that is the carpet top deck. I'm not sure if it's available. It came on the car I got.

The car was running pretty good today. Just had a few minor problems. Then in the main, my speedo decided to take up smoking. .
Old 04-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Car looked good today Mo.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Car was awesome yesterday! Qualified 9th in the A. Finished 5th. Perfect balance! Gotta love this MI2!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

pdub does shue make a top plate that is slimline for the mi2 so the car will flex more on asphalt? I run on a realy slick dusty track and would like to loosen the car up like my old ride!
Old 04-11-2004, 07:36 AM
PW
Tech Elite

rcshark...They don't currently, but they are looking into it.

Sup Mo.....Sound like the Mi2s were running pretty good, but must of been a bad day for electronics

Thats awesome Fred!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by PW

Sup Mo.....Sound like the Mi2s were running pretty good, but must of been a bad day for electronics

Mo can be happy that he only lost one of his electronics..

I'll be back next week with some new electronics.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

STL: There are two cars with 64p gears at our track. It is possible to modify the Mission gear adapter so that it works well enough to run, although I will be getting the Mi2 adapter once it becomes availible. The Cop and I were both very happy with the progress that we made with the car yesterday. We continue to be impressed with how well the car has run out of the box. Now if only my batteries would run as well...or my driver drive as well. Lost a battery pack in the main at the end of the race costing me at least a 3rd, but at least I didn't loose ALL of my radio equipment. That was one hard hit! I hear that it didn't break the car though...
Old 04-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

oh, well if you were talking to me, I know it is possible, but thanks, I was just joking around, getting anxious about when it will be at my door step, in a little brown box
Old 04-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Racer X
STL: There are two cars with 64p gears at our track. It is possible to modify the Mission gear adapter so that it works well enough to run, although I will be getting the Mi2 adapter once it becomes availible. The Cop and I were both very happy with the progress that we made with the car yesterday. We continue to be impressed with how well the car has run out of the box. Now if only my batteries would run as well...or my driver drive as well. Lost a battery pack in the main at the end of the race costing me at least a 3rd, but at least I didn't loose ALL of my radio equipment. That was one hard hit! I hear that it didn't break the car though...
heck a broken chassis would have been better than all of my electronics. As far as the modified gear adapter that only helps guys like you that had the older car. I can't see spending money on an old adapter knowing that the new one is about a week or so away. Are you racing next weekend? I might be out. I made two changes that I was going to do yesterday but as you know I wasn't allowed to do it.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Use the Mission gear adapter

You can reverse the Mission gear adapter and use shorter screws to make it work. Make sure to use some Lock-Tight. You may have to take a dremel and grind down the motor plate just a tad.
Good short term solution.

Originally posted by Racer X
Old 04-12-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

TTT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.