Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Given the choice, I would prefer to have threaded shocks. However, that would not prevent me from purchasing a particular kit.

As others have said, I use the adjustable shock collar to adjust for tweak. Tweak adjustment is the last step in chassis tuning for me. After I feel that all other aspects of my setup is right for me including the installation of a dummy transponder, I check tweak. If it's off slightly, I adjust the collar. I have found that even with my Yokomo Special, the tweak doesn't seem to vary much at all from race day to race day.

I imagine that if you participated in races where there were weight restrictions (I have not) and you needed to add weight to your car, it would be necessary to be able to fine tune the chassis to compensate for the added weight, and threaded shocks would make that easy.

I like threaded shocks. Racers won races with inserts that they glued together, but personally I hated that. Never could glue those inserts right.

Darkside: Actually, I think that threaded composite shocks are probably the best. If you don't want the ones that came with your Corally, I'll trade you for the units that came with my Losi. To make the deal sweeter, I'll throw in the foam strip tire inserts that also came with the Losi.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

All schumacher drivers used them at last years Indoor Nats, I saw it for myself.

Why would someone need all of the hop ups.......hmmmm lets see

1) The c/f chassis makes the car a lot lighter and stiffer. I race on carpet so stiffer is almost always faster. As for lighter.... well need I say more.

2) Alloy motor mnt. draws heat away from the motor, cooler is faster.

Thats only two but I have more.............
Old 10-18-2001, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

By the way, did I not say that I love schumacher equipment and will probably have several Missions??????
Old 10-18-2001, 07:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick question: Does all the team drivers using them make them neccesary? Just asking.

The teacher: well my racing was done on asphalt, so maybe thats why I didn't feel the need for the extra stiffness of graphite. The original car handled excellently as does my current non-graphite '99pro. And the heatsink that Schumacher included in their older kits was more than enough to keep things cool. That was with my running mod. Now-a-days though, their cars don't accomadate the heatsink, so maybe your right about them needing a aluminum motor mount now, but it certainly wasn't essential with the cars before the Axis cars.

But, it seems that theres just no way for them to make everyone happy. So everyone who wants/needs the threaded shocks can get them and anyone who doesn't want/need them wont. Simple.

But to say they SHOULD be included, when some people feel they aren't neccesary, is going a little far. Schumacher always seemed to be right on with what they put in their kits. At least to me.

Last edited by Darkseid; 10-18-2001 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-18-2001, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Stir

Golly gee!

I'm sorry I started such a commotion with the threaded shock comment. I'd like to switch the conversation back to the important topic of just how much we all like the new Schumacher Mission, purple(purplonium) shocks and all!

And to when we will get this jewel of a car?

Old 10-18-2001, 09:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Dragonxmx: thats a good question, when will we get to purchase the car. And at what price for both versions.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Sorry but i'm gonna step back just a little

Personally i have never seen the need for theraded shocks, however i wanted an extra set of shocks, so decided to buy threaded. The biggest advantage for me is that i don't have to spend ages looking for clips!!

I think i very good reason for not including threaded shocks is that they are too easy to get wrong for the less experiences racer. It would be so easy to have different amounts of pre-load from side to side.

Just for the record, I am sponsered by Schumacher in the UK. If i said that all the team ran threaded i would lying. My guess is that it is about 50:50. I would never have bought them myself other than i wanted an extra set of shocks.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am betting before Nov 1.... no threads and all.....
I am sure Schumacher wans this kit out ASAP. Probably can count the number of AXIS 2 kits sold since the Mission was revealed ... on one hand....
Old 10-18-2001, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

As far as availability??? However, here's an indication of what the price might be... (from my previous post)

Superiorhobbies is advertising the price for the Schumacher Mission " Schumacher Mission Pro 4wd Touring Sedan (B.B.) $214.95". That must be the FRP version, right???

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/on-r...on-road-rc.html
Old 10-18-2001, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Spooky, I don't have any hard facts, but i would be surprised if you see them in the US BEFORE November 1st. However I think we're talking days after rather than weeks after. My GUESS is that there may be some leave the UK in aprox 10 days time. I could of course be well off the mark!!
Old 10-18-2001, 01:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Geppetto: If you mean is that the low cost version, not necessarily. Remember, the pro level Schumacher touring cars rarely price higher than $220. Despite The Teacher's claims of $300+ Schumacher kits. That was always one of the best things about them.

If they list it as the pro version, thats just what it is. That would be perfectly in line with what Schumacher's pricing on their new TC's has been.

Last edited by Darkseid; 10-18-2001 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2001, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The official release date for the Mission is still Nov 1 in the US...(last I heard). Prices are $229.95 for the S1 car, $279.95 for the all carbon fiber car.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Heck, I didn't know that they were releasing a full carbon fiber version.

Will the replacement of the S1 composite with graphite be the only difference between the two cars?
Old 10-18-2001, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Racer X- I have oneways now....so when I hit people from behind I can call oneways FOR REAL....LOL I'm not racing this weekend but I will get some practice in for the last points race. Doesn't the mission come out on the 30th??? We are both waiting for something to come out on that date. You are mission bound and the new Michael Jackson CD comes out. I feel sorry for you in the pits. I'm going to pit by you until you know all of the words...LOL
Old 10-18-2001, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Darkside-The only diffrence between the two cars is the graphite. Both come loaded with bearings, T/C balls, Alloy motor mount and Ultra Flex Belts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.