Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 07-30-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default WARPSPEED CHASSIS INPUT

Just wanted to put my two cwnts in on the new Warpspeed chassis and top deck. I have been running it for about a month and the biggest difference I saw was consistancy from left to right. I became instantly more consistant on my lap time because the car felt the same everywhere on the track. The car seemed to rotate alot better too. This thing is a must have for mission owners. I run the 3mm and the solid top deck Which is available separately.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

I may have to get that chassis for my mission....
Old 07-31-2002, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

JacoSA, this is a setup I like with Foams. I 've run several differnt brads, either Front and Rear compound or 4 rear compound tyres, setup is quite similar ( if using correct shore)

Front:
Camber/ 3 deg
Toe in/ 1 deg
Ride hight/ 5.0 mm
Tower/#3
Arm/#1
Suspension mount/lower hole
Hub link/#2
Spring/Schu Blue (400gm/mm)
Oil/40wt
Piston/3 hole vari
Castor/8.5 or 11 deg (depending on conditions)
Thin swaybar
Oneway Diff
0 deg inboard toe

Rear:
Camber/ 2.5 deg
Ride hight/ 5.0mm
No Anti-squat
Tower/#2
Arm/#1
Suspension mount/ lower hole
Hub link/#2
Spring/ Schu blue (400gm/mm)
Oil/40wt
Piston/3 hole vari
Rear wheelbase/ Middle
Thin swaybar
2deg In-board Toe
2.5deg per side

Sometimes I needed on-power steering. To find it I used a (stiffer) Corally Yellow rear spring (500gm/mm) or moved the rear shocks to hole 2, depending on circumstances. Should be a good starting point for outdoor ashphalt.

Last edited by BagofSkill; 07-31-2002 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Cool I am glad you like the new chassis!!!
Old 07-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: WARPSPEED CHASSIS INPUT

Originally posted by MUFFIN
Just wanted to put my two cwnts in on the new Warpspeed chassis and top deck. I have been running it for about a month and the biggest difference I saw was consistancy from left to right. I became instantly more consistant on my lap time because the car felt the same everywhere on the track. The car seemed to rotate alot better too. This thing is a must have for mission owners. I run the 3mm and the solid top deck Which is available separately.
I to have the same feeling with the chassis. I havn't felt this good about my car in a long time. I have raced it twice now once on indoor asphalt and once outdoor parking lots. The car is responding very well to changes more then ever before.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Where can I buy a warpspeed chassis?
Old 07-31-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Warpspeed chassis can be ordered directly from Schumacher USA.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default Roll Center mod

I'm considering making Roll center plates for the Mission that would allow an easier way to change roll center. The only mod you would need to make is cutting off a little bit of the top of the servo saver pipe, like 1 - 2mm.

is this something you guys would like?
Would you prefer them in Carbon Fiber plate, fiberglass or plastic?
Is there a need to change roll center in the rear? We could make both front and rear. We can also do them in different thicknesses to adjust roll center from say 2mm and 3mm, less, more?

Would anyone be intersted in this? Let me know what you think. Feel free to email at, [email protected]

Thanks much,
Ben, Team PRP
Old 07-31-2002, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Roll Center mod

Originally posted by TeamPRP
I'm considering making Roll center plates for the Mission that would allow an easier way to change roll center. The only mod you would need to make is cutting off a little bit of the top of the servo saver pipe, like 1 - 2mm.

is this something you guys would like?
Would you prefer them in Carbon Fiber plate, fiberglass or plastic?
Is there a need to change roll center in the rear? We could make both front and rear. We can also do them in different thicknesses to adjust roll center from say 2mm and 3mm, less, more?

Would anyone be intersted in this? Let me know what you think. Feel free to email at, [email protected]

Thanks much,
Ben, Team PRP
I have run my car the way your saying earlier this year. Its ok, but I think I like it better with the Fireblade blocks. Been running it this way for 3 or 4 months now. I hardly now bend front lower hinge pins. Also this way you don't raise the steering bellcranks and change the steering geometry. Don't get me wrong, it works either way.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I haven't decided if I should produce them or not and I wanted to get some feedback first. Thanks for the info, cornerspeed!
Old 07-31-2002, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Whoops, I stuffed up, had to correct the foam setup I posted above. Sorry guys...
Old 08-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

What is the part numbers of the parts you use to change the roll center?I know it is from one of there off road cars.I live in South Africa so there is no off road cars from Schumacher here,thats why I'll need to order the parts from the states.I am currently useing shims from associated.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Roll Center mod

Originally posted by cornerspeed
I have run my car the way your saying earlier this year. Its ok, but I think I like it better with the Fireblade blocks. Been running it this way for 3 or 4 months now. I hardly now bend front lower hinge pins. Also this way you don't raise the steering bellcranks and change the steering geometry. Don't get me wrong, it works either way.

Actually, since you equally raise the bellcranks with the suspension arms the geometry would stay the same in conjunction with the inner hingepins and arms.

Any other comments about this idea of making plates for adjusting roll center? Would there be any interest in this product?

Thanks again,
Ben, Team PRP
http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp
Old 08-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by JacoSA
What is the part numbers of the parts you use to change the roll center?I know it is from one of there off road cars.I live in South Africa so there is no off road cars from Schumacher here,thats why I'll need to order the parts from the states.I am currently useing shims from associated.
JacoSA- just look back through this thread and you'll find all the info you need. You'll even find how to do the mod.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

there were a number of earlier posts about breaking parts, with some questioning how so many parts could be breaking. In my experience recently, as long as I was running rubber tires I rarely broke a part (unless I hit something HARD)...for the last three weeks I've been running foams, and in that time I've broken a number of upper front arms, even after screwing the link into the inner more, stripped two spurs, and had other minor probs...I just got to wonder if its not the wider, higher traction foams stressing things more and causing more breakage...just an observation...

May be the reason why some of you are having more problems with breakage than others...my 2 cents

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.