Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The plan for cutting 2mm off of the tops of the hubs was to achieve an in between position for the upper a-arms. We have had reports that the change added and reduced traction.. Further testing is required. The nice thing about this change is that if you want to raise the ball stud back to stock levels all you have to do is add a 2 mm spacer.

The Losi pistons are very similar to 3 hole vari pistions. We are tring them because a lot of you guys have been using alternate pistons. We dont like the AE pistons as the OD is too small for our shock bodies and they allow too much blow by. The Losi piston are dimensionally similar to ours.

The TakeOff tires are the same compound and cross section as they always have been. The onlt difference is the new inserts. They seem to offer more grip and faster steering response with no sacrifice in wear.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Adrian....I wasnt aware that you guys were cutting 2 mm of the top of the hubs. I have been running this for about a month now and like it. I only ran it in the front and it did offer more traction when using the upper hole and slightly less traction when going to the lower hole. This weekend I will try it in the rear as well. Thanks to the loong weekend I get to practice and race 3 days if I want so this will give me a chance to test this out. I will let you know what I see with the mod in the rear as well.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

2mm off the top of the hibs should give less traction in any position. If the top a-arm mount hole is too little traction and the lower mounting hole is too much (car is not free in corners) I will use the cut top hubs.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey boys,
who's got a 99pro/axis one way diff to sell me?

please email me at [email protected]

much appreciated.
Old 07-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

seaballWe have them at Schumacher USA
Old 07-07-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default S1 mission

Hey guys, now that I have had some time to actually race, I can report back a little on the S1 mission. I like it a lot. I've been running expert mod at the Ripon r/c speedway in CA. and one of the biggest attributes I've noticed is the car doesn't get that "roll over" feel if you come a little too close to the dots or berms. For testing sake I have been running a box stock car, only with carbon shock towers from my first mission. Unfortunatley I won't be able to go to the Roar Nats in CO. House hunting here in CA, and in ID and AZ has been taking a lot of my time, hopefully we will be able to stay in CA. This coming week we have a local "big" race scheduled and we will see if the car stays consistant, the past two weeks have been a TQ and win in the "A" and this week was a 2nd qualifiying and a win in the "A". Hopefully we can make it three weeks straight! Good luck guys.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: S1 mission

Originally posted by pmccarson
the past two weeks have been a TQ and win in the "A" and this week was a 2nd qualifiying and a win in the "A". Hopefully we can make it three weeks straight! Good luck guys. [/B]
Correction....you were the 3rd qualifyer this weekend. BN RACING was 1 & 2 I hope to have something for you next weekend or else the race for 2nd will be the battle to watch. KILLER run though. I'm now refering to you as Pat Masami....LOL The car seems to work better in stock form than all of this cutting this and adding off road parts....etc. You and Dominic have been really hooked up. I got to drive his car so you're next. See ya Saturday.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Clint- What does the BN in BN Racing stand for....exactly?

Just wondering....

BDR
Old 07-08-2002, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think it stands for Berrilium eNema. I think it has to do with the driving style taught at BN racing boot camp.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,
What is a good setup for Ripon in either mod or stock for a Mission Carbon?

James Nguyen
Old 07-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Snap on pulley fence

Man, I'm about sick of this thing. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person having trouble keeping this thing on. On both my 20 and 17 tooth pulleys, the snap on fence just wont stay on. I've tried putting it on by itself(where its supposed to just snap on ) and I've tried glue, but it keeps coming off. I've watched my belt without the top deck on, and its not deflecting to that side, and I know I'm putting it on correctly, so what's the deal? Two questions:

Do I really need to have this thing on? In other words, are there any negative effects if I run without it. Considering it never stays on anyway, I can't imagine anything bad could happen.

Do the aluminum pulleys use this snap on guard or are they one piece?
Old 07-08-2002, 01:54 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Darkseid....We hear you man The first thing you need to check is that you have the flange facing out (pic in the manual seems backward). It will feel almost impossible to snap on, but this is the correct way (I have to use a small hobby vise ) The other problem is that your current pulley & flange is probably damaged from the superglue.

Pruduct news Schumacher is now carrying Warpspeed Racing products! Warpspeed is the first US based company to release aftermarket products for Schumacher cars.

http://www.racing-cars.com/newsdetails.asp?itemId=NP35
Old 07-08-2002, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Darkseid,
I had issues with my pully fence too. I removed it, has not been a problem for me since.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Paul, what is the verdict on the warpspeed chassis ?
Old 07-08-2002, 03:02 PM
Regional Moderator

PW: so you put yours on opposite of what the manual shows? Maybe that will work, I'll try that.

If that doesn't work, I'll join you spooky and just not use the thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.