Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
I have a NIP C/F top deck 2.5 and it says the part# is U3246

I ordered them early on, so I don't know if they switched designs????
Wow, well that sucks. I'm not sure what to order now. I keep seeing terms like "stiff" and "carpet" upper decks. But Mr. McGoo's NIP deck simply say "C/F top deck 2.5" and is listed as U3246.

Can we get some clarification from...ummm...who ever the reps for Schumacher are now. Sorry, can't remember who they are now.

Basically I want to order what ever deck that is in Mr. McGoo's pic, so what part number is that still U3246? Its not listed on the USA site at all. So I just want to be sure.

Thanks

-Darkseid
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

heres what I pulled from the web store

U3148 CF Top Deck - Stiff - Mi-3 In Stock $18.99

The above one is the one I have McGoo . . . not the one you want Dark

I searched a looked on a couple sites and came up with nothing for U3246. Maybe you actually do HAVE to be on the team to get that! lol
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
heres what I pulled from the web store

U3148 CF Top Deck - Stiff - Mi-3 In Stock $18.99

The above one is the one I have McGoo . . . not the one you want Dark

I searched a looked on a couple sites and came up with nothing for U3246. Maybe you actually do HAVE to be on the team to get that! lol
Well U3246 is actually listed on the UK site. http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?recnumber=33284 And its listed with the same discription as the one McGoo gave from his NIP part. So since the "stiff" upper deck is U3148...and the wrong one as you unfortunately found out...

...then that must mean that the U3246 (which is not listed on the USA site), is the correct one. See, thats simple and about as clear as mud!LOL

Funny thing is, that I just took a look at my PM log, and found that the local shop that I buy parts from was able to give me a price for the U3246, even though its not listed on SchuUSA. U3246-$22.99

So I'll trust in McGoo's wisdom and go ahead and order that one.

Last edited by Darkseid; 09-18-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Clarification is here and there is Shawn and myself to answer any of your questions. For the record my name is Adam Bailey and I replaced PW in the shop and I’m on here a lot to help as best I can, feel free to email me at [email protected], Shawn is also working as team manager and is also there to help you out. For your clarification the part number is U3246 it is in stock there are backups going to Las Vegas, and there's more that should be in the shop by weeks end. In regards to all the other "new parts" coming in, were on about a 14 day lag time from the UK office so when they post that they have them in stock, give us 14 days to have them. The minute that the new parts come in the front door I’ll be on here posting what we have with part numbers so look for me. Feel free to email me with any questions or any concerns and I will address them personally, or forward them onto Shawn depending on the situation. I’m going to find if there’s a way I can change my screen name to just my name to help any of you out? Let me know if this would be easier to remember or change to Adam bailey?

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Wow, well that sucks. I'm not sure what to order now. I keep seeing terms like "stiff" and "carpet" upper decks. But Mr. McGoo's NIP deck simply say "C/F top deck 2.5" and is listed as U3246.

Can we get some clarification from...ummm...who ever the reps for Schumacher are now. Sorry, can't remember who they are now.

Basically I want to order what ever deck that is in Mr. McGoo's pic, so what part number is that still U3246? Its not listed on the USA site at all. So I just want to be sure.

Thanks

-Darkseid
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Clarification is here and there is Shawn and myself to answer any of your questions. For the record my name is Adam Bailey and I replaced PW in the shop and I’m on here a lot to help as best I can, feel free to email me at [email protected], Shawn is also working as team manager and is also there to help you out. For your clarification the part number is U3246 it is in stock there are backups going to Las Vegas, and there's more that should be in the shop by weeks end. In regards to all the other "new parts" coming in, were on about a 14 day lag time from the UK office so when they post that they have them in stock, give us 14 days to have them. The minute that the new parts come in the front door I’ll be on here posting what we have with part numbers so look for me. Feel free to email me with any questions or any concerns and I will address them personally, or forward them onto Shawn depending on the situation. I’m going to find if there’s a way I can change my screen name to just my name to help any of you out? Let me know if this would be easier to remember or change to Adam bailey?
hey adam, I guess we should have posted this when we figured out all these top decks last week on the phone.

man, if I would have know my team mate McGoo had and extra, I would have just stolen his carpet top deck.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by abailey21
Don't worry, I'll remember it now. Its just that I couldn't remember from the original change from PW.

I'll get the order in to my local shop. Thanks for the clarification...Adam Bailey

See I'm already remembering!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
What is the track like? Is it open/tight or large/small? Are there lots of tight switchbacks or is it a roval? All of these things matter when measuring rollout. I'd start with a 28mm rollout and tune from there.
Sorry about the muddy details LOL....
The track is small/tight w/ some tight chicanes and a 40-50ft straight. The carpet is really starting to catch a groove so bite is pretty darn good. My Parma Pro 53's are 57.5mm; using Magenta/Magenta but last raceday I really dug the Indigo/Magenta set-up. Motor is CO27 w/F's and purple/red springs....
Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Good luck to everyone at Vegas this year ! I wish I was going, school is proving to be a little ridiculous this year also .

Randy did you get the "slippery" feeling out of the rear of your car? Sounds like you just need the rear to have a bit more bite, maybe the balance is screwed up in terms of steering/rear traction. Have you tried a stiffer front spring? It may help keep weight on the back end in the corner, when I swapped to the blue front spring from white last year at vegas my car got way better. Or else maybe more rear camber gain?
It did just feel slippery, which I guess is normal, but still I feel like I should be able to get it to feel a little more stable. I'm running 19lb front springs and 14lb rears, I was actually going to build my IIC cars with a little more camber gain on them than what I ran at the practice track. Did you run 0 or 1 degree hubs last year?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

They were 0º rear hubs.

That's a pretty big split between front and rear springs for most rubber setups, have you tried a stiffer rear spring or a more progressive one? Maybe the rear suspension isn't applying enough pressure to the actual tire causing it to never really "bite" and thus feel "slippery".

You could try lowering the inner rear hingepins. That should cause the rear end to pressure the tire more, giving you more sidebite, while at the same time rolling less. This may take away corner speed if the back end is already locked down but if it's not like what you're feeling now I think it will just make the car better.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'll remember that stuff, I guess inexperience with rubber tires on carpet is whats killing me, I dont know how a good car should feel. I was putting down descent laptimes though, so hopefully thats a good sign.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi All! Im really interested in the mi3, been thinking and re-thinking about getting this car ... I am pretty much sold on it actually only thing is there is no support locally for Schumacher. So i was thinking that if i finally take the plunge that the internet will be my best option for purchase of the kit and parts. From all your expereinces, where is the best place to order parts for this kit online? Those with good prices and ships internationally. Im from Manila, Philippines (South East Asia)! Hope you guys can help me out and point me to the right direction. Thanks all in advance!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try www.speedtechrc.com
I bought mine from there ...no problems...plenty of spares...I live in Australia
I idea that i do is I buy 2 cars...build one then have the other one for spares.Then I replace anything I use from the"spare" car and still have a new car in the box to sell at the end of the day...works out cheaper than buying one car and a heap of spares.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

probably would have been a a good thing lol

Originally Posted by theisgroup
hey adam, I guess we should have posted this when we figured out all these top decks last week on the phone.

man, if I would have know my team mate McGoo had and extra, I would have just stolen his carpet top deck.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

speedtech is a great place, schumacher-rc is another that has a lot in stock and for the newer option parts usually from company directly

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Hi All! Im really interested in the mi3, been thinking and re-thinking about getting this car ... I am pretty much sold on it actually only thing is there is no support locally for Schumacher. So i was thinking that if i finally take the plunge that the internet will be my best option for purchase of the kit and parts. From all your expereinces, where is the best place to order parts for this kit online? Those with good prices and ships internationally. Im from Manila, Philippines (South East Asia)! Hope you guys can help me out and point me to the right direction. Thanks all in advance!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I'll remember that stuff, I guess inexperience with rubber tires on carpet is whats killing me, I dont know how a good car should feel. I was putting down descent laptimes though, so hopefully thats a good sign.
My testing at Horsham RC was a big eye-opener. Dont worry Randy, were are in this together and will have the cars dialed. Did you try my one-way trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.