Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
One more thing what part of this car is the weakest point if there is any so I know which part I should buy????
extra cvd bones
Old 08-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

hey,

i recently bought an mi3 (online), but dont have it yet.

i'm wondering if there are any precations are tips to make it better?

i know to leave those rings off the pulley's.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What foams are you carpet munch'rs running? 2xPink-Orange/2xPurple or 2xPink-Orange/Pink?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

2X Pinks F/R
Old 08-25-2007, 07:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Team Schumacher laid it down today at the ROAR Region 2 onroad today. 3 of the 4 Team drivers where in the A in stock touring and Steve Walters the loan privateer all made the show. Team Drivers Tim Getchell finished 2, I was third and Mike Kling was 5th and I think Steve was 8th.

We all worked together to help get the best setups for each of us in this brutally hot and humid summer day.

It was a great day as are MI3's all worked great.

Ran th new alloy driveshafts today and they worked great.; Very nice.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
One more thing what part of this car is the weakest point if there is any so I know which part I should buy????
If you are into crashing (like me), get a spare upper deck. I think I've gone through 3 of them by now. Other than that, the usual, front and rear lower arms, maybe C-hubs... I have actually broken only one front arm besides the top decks, so in my experience the top deck is the weakest link
Old 08-26-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

hi guys
I just rebuilt my mi3s rear diff but after a Lap diff screw getting loose almost come out off from diff...
does any of you have any idea what cause of that screw getting loose
thanx in advanced
Old 08-26-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

did you lock it with the set-screw?

does anyone use trakpower lipo's in the mi3?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Alright fellow Schuie drivers - i need some help. I have my car pretty much strapped when it comes to stock. It has great entry, mid, and exit cornering.

It has been one of my favorite cars to drive - EVER!!!

I am now starting to do some testing for 19T - and I still have my mid corner and exit speed - but upon entry - my car is pushing. I thought I might be overdriving it a bit - but even when I feel like I am not overdriving it - it just doesn't enter the corners like I would like.

I don't use a sway bar with stock, but it really settled my front end down with 19T. W/O the sway bar in 19T - my car digs in at the apex and kills my corner speed.

So here is my setup I landed on yesterday - but its still not there - any and all help would be much appreciated....

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mi3 19T.pdf (476.1 KB, 154 views)
Old 08-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone know in Chris Goetz Carpet Nats set-up, if he was using the lowered shock towers? It doesn't seem like it but I have 'em on my car and wanted to know if having them on will affect the set-up?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Anyone know in Chris Goetz Carpet Nats set-up, if he was using the lowered shock towers? It doesn't seem like it but I have 'em on my car and wanted to know if having them on will affect the set-up?
I don't think he was since he was running the prototype....

If you put up your stock tower to the lowered tower - you will see you have some of the same shock holes, but not all - it will change your shock angles and lengths, you will also need to shorten your shocks to make ride height
Old 08-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Marc
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Alright fellow Schuie drivers - i need some help. I have my car pretty much strapped when it comes to stock. It has great entry, mid, and exit cornering.

It has been one of my favorite cars to drive - EVER!!!

I am now starting to do some testing for 19T - and I still have my mid corner and exit speed - but upon entry - my car is pushing. I thought I might be overdriving it a bit - but even when I feel like I am not overdriving it - it just doesn't enter the corners like I would like.

I don't use a sway bar with stock, but it really settled my front end down with 19T. W/O the sway bar in 19T - my car digs in at the apex and kills my corner speed.

So here is my setup I landed on yesterday - but its still not there - any and all help would be much appreciated....
You have a lot of stagger in the springs, I'd think you'd want to run around a 30lb rear spring with the 35lb front, same with the shock oil, 50/30 is a big gap there too. Slightly lower front ride height than the rear. Stand the front shocks up a hole. I like running a little anti-dive to get the car turning in a bit harder.. Theres lots more you can do, but give a few of those ideas a shot.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
You have a lot of stagger in the springs, I'd think you'd want to run around a 30lb rear spring with the 35lb front, same with the shock oil, 50/30 is a big gap there too. Slightly lower front ride height than the rear. Stand the front shocks up a hole. I like running a little anti-dive to get the car turning in a bit harder.. Theres lots more you can do, but give a few of those ideas a shot.
That is a pretty standard stagger in weight spring/oil for foams since we run the inner hole on the front arm.

McGoo...Try the front anti-dive Take a little arm-sweep out of the front.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PW
That is a pretty standard stagger in weight spring/oil for foams since we run the inner hole on the front arm.

McGoo...Try the front anti-dive Take a little arm-sweep out of the front.
Hi PW

What's the reason behind running the front shocks in the inner hole for foams and then using a much stiffer spring/oil?

Have you tried something similar with rubber tyres?

Cheers
Jonny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.