Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Can someone please post up a few pics of the brushless GTB electronic layout.
i've been trying to lay the electrics cleanly in the chassis..but can't seem to make it fit.

Thanks

i made the servo wires and the AMB PT as short as I need it them to be

you are going to need a micro receiver

unless you want to mount the receiver on top of the servo like the guy below me
Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Can someone please post up a few pics of the brushless GTB electronic layout.
i've been trying to lay the electrics cleanly in the chassis..but can't seem to make it fit.

Thanks
If you put your receiver on top of the servo you should have plenty of room then. I use the Mamba Max speedo which is just as large and it fits fine with the receiver on the servo. Plenty of room then.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey Marcos looks like your holding out on those Tamiya yellow springs.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd
Hey Marcos looks like your holding out on those Tamiya yellow springs.
lol yes i am , just the car felt better to me with them as they did on my Cyclone
Old 05-28-2007, 07:07 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Need to find some more of those springs. I only have one set and they are staying on my EC.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default thanks

thanks for quick post up of the pics..
I'll be using a micro receiver.
it has bugging me all night on which layout to use...
I wanted to move in the speedo closer to center...and figured the only way i saw was to stand up the receiver at center..

but I might try to shoe goo the receiver on the underside of the top deck...for that little bit of extra space.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran my Mi3 one battery pack on Saturday. It was smooth with Pw's setup. I raced the Mi2EC. Good thing I did. During the 3rd the batteries went dead in my controler and the car slammed the block wall at the end of the high speed sweeper and pulled a screw up through the chassis. So glad it was the Mi2EC.
So I will be at our local track with the Mi3 this week putting down some laps with it.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Pic of my car with the Castle brushless speedo in it. I have a different reciever on the servo but still looks about the same . Speedo is still in the same spot.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-mi3.jpg  
Old 05-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd
Need to find some more of those springs. I only have one set and they are staying on my EC.
I got them at tower hobbies
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Anyone ever mess with Rayspeed springs. I used them on my Yokes and Barracudas. They fit my MI2 and MI3 except a little loose on the bottom shock collar. Don't think its a problem. Might try them next time I run the car. I will look around and see if I can find any bigger bottom shock collars that I have laying around.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys. Just got up after a good long sleep. (Didn't get much of that the last few days.) I think I'm jinxed for the Reedy Race. It's one of my favorite races and I love the track. But for some reason, I can never qualify there. My car was SO good. Easily an A main car. I couldn't have asked for a faster car. I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of it. Fast lap was a 13.7 on Friday and I don't think anyone other than Weylin was running faster than 13.5's or 6's in 19 turn. Saturday, I made a few major mistakes that cost me seconds (not tenths of seconds, full seconds You can't do that in this class and expect to even be close) plus getting punted on more than one occasion that put my qualifiers mid pack. Sunday morning I had a top 20 run with 2 mistakes. If those two laps had been my average, it would have been a 7th or 8th. But way too late to get a clean run. Oh well. Maybe a change of venue will bring me some luck at this race.

I really couldn't be happier with the car and the support that we all received at the track. I'll write up a setup sheet and get it posted for anyone who wants it.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

All done with assembly....now off to do the painstakin' GTB/SS10.5 wiring

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Hey guys. Just got up after a good long sleep. (Didn't get much of that the last few days.) I think I'm jinxed for the Reedy Race. It's one of my favorite races and I love the track. But for some reason, I can never qualify there. My car was SO good. Easily an A main car. I couldn't have asked for a faster car. I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of it. Fast lap was a 13.7 on Friday and I don't think anyone other than Weylin was running faster than 13.5's or 6's in 19 turn. Saturday, I made a few major mistakes that cost me seconds (not tenths of seconds, full seconds You can't do that in this class and expect to even be close) plus getting punted on more than one occasion that put my qualifiers mid pack. Sunday morning I had a top 20 run with 2 mistakes. If those two laps had been my average, it would have been a 7th or 8th. But way too late to get a clean run. Oh well. Maybe a change of venue will bring me some luck at this race.

I really couldn't be happier with the car and the support that we all received at the track. I'll write up a setup sheet and get it posted for anyone who wants it.
it sounds as if all the Mi3's where involved in a punt fest, good jod anyway. when you get some more rest post some set-ups
Old 05-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
it sounds as if all the Mi3's where involved in a punt fest, good jod anyway. when you get some more rest post some set-ups
Could any of the guys who post setups also please tell us what the differences from the PW or basic setup achieved for them.

Cheers
Old 05-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr

Good job for the Schuie team nontheless Can't wait to see some set-ups...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.